Good day,

Im hoping someone will let me know what the best route for long term / citizenship stay in Australia is for for me:

I have recently arrived on a Woking-holiday visa after living in London for almost 10 years. Before that I lived on a farm in South Africa - 20 years.

Working in the property industry in London as a photographer/ floor planner/ energy assessor. I have found a company in Sydney that said they would sponsor me (if all goes to plan) as a photographer (which is on the CSOL list) and I would be doing my floor planning as well.

the boss of the company recommended I head out and get my regional work done so I can get an extra year on my visa which leads onto the next sector of my enquiry -

I have begun working on a dairy farm for my regional working Victoria which I've slipped right into (getting back to my roots of being a farm boy and pretty much managing a farm in South Aftica, I also worked on a stud farm in England in my early 20s for a few years).

The farmer here has also offered me a sponsorship as Farm manager (dairy farmer on CSOL I would think)

I really enjoy both forms work and would be happy either way - but what would my best chance of getting sponsored be and if one fails would it be possible to apply for the other?? What are the immigration Agents looking for when deciding on a new immigrant benefiting their country to the maximum? The dairy farm sponsorship seems a lot more definite than the real estate work but most of my recent experience is in Real Estate.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

I don't think anyone could possibly tell you which is more likely to succeed, they are both on the CSOL and therefore both eligible. It would come down to the employers eligibility to sponsor and you being able to prove you have the necessary skills. And it is not a competition either, nobody is assessing which is "of more benefit" but simply about is the criteria being met.

I expect that both sponsorships are for temporary visas, note that there is no automatic pathway to a permanent visa or citizenship.

Howzit @PaulL

I think the best place for you to start, is to speak with a registered and knowledgeable migration agent about the options available to you. My sample size / experience is only with one, however I can’t be happier with the service he’s provided me with. I contacted him for the first time, 5 years ago and he’s helped me every step of the way.

PM me for details

Thanks Bungo, much appreciated. Would you by any chance know if one sponsorship application falls through are you able to apply for another one in a case like this?

The two are just not related. I expect the issue would be whether the second employer is still willing.

Hi @Marisawright, I'm not sure which visa. I'd expect the 457 but still not sure what my best options are. I'm 100% sure Aus is the place for me. Surf, sun, beaches, fishing, space. Couldn't be happier, but it seems the migration process is quite complex!

I do not hold a degree but have many year experience behind me in my field. I'd think sponsorship is the best route for me as this is how 2 of my good friends have migrated and are into permanent residency in the next while. Thanks for any advice / information!

Hi @Marisawright, I'm not sure which visa. I'd expect the 457 !

It's really important to find out who is offering which visa. If they're both 457's then they're equal - but a 457 is just a temporary visa, designed to fill a temp position with no avenue to stay in Australia forever. So if one is offering a 457 and the other is offering a more permanent visa, then your decision is made - go for the more permanent one.

I'm not across the various types of visa available but I think there is some kind of regional settlement visa.

Archived