Moving to noosa

Neil Wilshere

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in noosaville and use Vodafone and find them good

Generally get the $30 or $40 month package

you get 1 or 2 GB data and $450 or $750 call credit

towards the end of the month you can use any credit left to make direct calls abroad

this works ok if you have wifi at home so you use that when home and only use the mobile data when out and about

they also have a 365 day package can be handy if you have a phone not used much but still need credit on it

hope this helps

we use Telstra for BB and have found them very good in getting connected and follow up

different packages available

in noosaville and use Vodafone and find them good

Generally get the $30 or $40 month package

you get 1 or 2 GB data and $450 or $750 call credit

towards the end of the month you can use any credit left to make direct calls abroad

this works ok if you have wifi at home so you use that when home and only use the mobile data when out and about

they also have a 365 day package can be handy if you have a phone not used much but still need credit on it

hope this helps

we use Telstra for BB and have found them very good in getting connected and follow up

different packages available

Thanks, Great info!

Can I get your (or anyones) thoughts on businesses in the Noosa Civic???? I am considering leasing space there and I'm curious what the locals opinion is about going there or shopping there. Do people actually shop there? Is it busy? Would you say the Civic is considered a good place to have a business?

Thanks

Hi Neil we moved to Alexandra headland from Yorkshire a month ago, family of 5 hubby, myself and 3 boys we are loving it here it's amazing, I got a job straight away nursing my husband has just received his white card so hopefully will start working soon, not that I think he wants to as he seems to be enjoying the beach with the boys[emoji12] my eldest 2 are 20 and 18 there seems to be a lot of hospitality jobs around this area, let us know if you need any info and we'll do our best to help, our youngest is 11 and has just started maroochydore primary it was fairly straight forward getting him enrolled good luck with the move guys

Thanks emmiejay,

we think we will be moving to brightwater now . Hopefully in August, we don't have any jobs yet so a bit of a holiday first

then head down ass up as they say lol . My wife would like to get the lad in school before he goes up to comp he's 11 as well .

Thanks for the offer of info we will definitely ask you a few things a bit closer to setting off .

regards Neil and Amy .

Lots of people seem to look through their Rose coloured Tinted Glasses,when they talk about the Sunshine Coast.I must be missing something, there's nothing here.Looks great on the Tourist Photo's,But there's Loads of drugged up Dole Bludgers,More Rentals than owned.Noosa has more houses up for sale than anywhere else.on the Sunshine Coast.The Attraction for the unemployed is they have no chance of getting a job here.So that's why it's a heaven for them.But i shouldn't burst your bubble.Everyone is different some love it some don't,Just depends on the individual.On the News this week,it was t was reported thieves in Hervey Bay were stealing the Copper telephone lines of the poles.

Lots of people seem to look through their Rose coloured Tinted Glasses,when they talk about the Sunshine Coast.I must be missing something, there's nothing here.Looks great on the Tourist Photo's,But there's Loads of drugged up Dole Bludgers,More Rentals than owned.Noosa has more houses up for sale than anywhere else.on the Sunshine Coast.The Attraction for the unemployed is they have no chance of getting a job here.So that's why it's a heaven for them.But i shouldn't burst your bubble.Everyone is different some love it some don't,Just depends on the individual.On the News this week,it was t was reported thieves in Hervey Bay were stealing the Copper telephone lines of the poles.

No rose tinted glasses here mate. Just looking on gum tree, I could walk into plenty of jobs. And that's just one advertisement site. :/

Hi Doc Re Noosa Civic I suppose it depends on what type of business really. There is a lot there as in variety of shops, banks, insurance companies etc. We were there during the week and just noticed they have big plans to expand the centre and make it more eco friendly with walkways and cafes etc so that should be all positive and if they are expanding it must be doing ok.

I did think that the footfall seems a little slow at times but we go for specific things and pick the quieter times just because we can and to avoid the busier times so that probably explains that.

There are only a few centres/areas for shopping as such and dont know what the cost per sq/m is but must be cheaper in civic than on some of the main streets where you are paying for the privilege.

Hastings street you pay for the location and not sure if you can make the return there always seem to be places changing hands. Noosa Junction has a few empty places also and they seem to be making big efforts to try to attract people so you get the feeling things might be a bit tough but again a lot probably depends on the business. Hope this helps but im sure you'll find out more once you get here.

I think i saw only one place closing in Civic on our last visit and that was going to be taken over by something else straight away from what i could see

• 3 weeks later...

I work in Brightwater and a lot of people move in here for the school which is very highly sort after, so I would inquire about getting your children in before coming over. Brightwater is a great place for families, by Queensland standards it is very crowded (with houses being so close together) but from our point of view it is very spacious, with parks, walkways, a lake and it is very clean. Compared to an English estate you will love it, although it does feel very purpose built, which it obviously is, but English estates tend to feel more organic. If that makes sense.

Alright Noosa people, we're having a hard time nailing down a house to lease. Everyone wants us to be physically present to do a walk through. I need advice on the best temporary, furnished housing to lease until we get to view a few homes and get into one of them.

Any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

We fly in on July 3rd!!!

you also might find something here http://www.lagunarealestate.com.au/noosa-holidays/noosa-holiday-accommodation depending on budget.

I think you would need to allow for 2 to 3 weeks at least to get somewhere

Dont know how many of you there are so apartment might suit or not. Its school holidays i think here for the next two weeks or so, so prices might be a bit high

you also might find something here http://www.lagunarealestate.com.au/noosa-holidays/noosa-holiday-accommodation depending on budget.

I think you would need to allow for 2 to 3 weeks at least to get somewhere

Dont know how many of you there are so apartment might suit or not. Its school holidays i think here for the next two weeks or so, so prices might be a bit high

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. We'll check those out. We finally just booked a hotel along the river in Noosaville for a week but I'd like to get into a house quickly as I hate to just be throwing money away.

Being off season I would have thought if you email a couple of the agents who do holiday lets and explain your situation they would be able to offer you some good deals, I used to own a holiday let and would often get approached through the agent to do similar deals. As most of the holiday homes will be sitting their empty they will be happy to just be receiving any income so open to deals.

http://www.rwnoosaholidays.com.au/ have a lot of properties in the area, and are a local company rather than a national agent who doesn't know the local market.

Good luck.

Being off season I would have thought if you email a couple of the agents who do holiday lets and explain your situation they would be able to offer you some good deals, I used to own a holiday let and would often get approached through the agent to do similar deals. As most of the holiday homes will be sitting their empty they will be happy to just be receiving any income so open to deals.

http://www.rwnoosaholidays.com.au/ have a lot of properties in the area, and are a local company rather than a national agent who doesn't know the local market.

Good luck.

Hey thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm joining this thread late, but if anyone needs furniture when they arrive we are selling everything (as we're going the other way - back to the UK).

We are at Minyama (just outside Mooloolaba).

It will all be available from early August or before if you're desperate! We have a curved leather sofa, dining table and chairs, TV unit, queen-size beds, outdoor settings, Weber bbq, and more! Everything is modern/contemporary and in good condition; it comes from a smoke free, pet free home. PM me if you would like to see photos and get prices or if you want to come and have a look.

White goods - Bosch washing machine, Fisher & Paykel tumble dryer, Westinghouse fridge/freezer - will be available later, depending on the completion date of our sale.

Whilst on the Coast we've lived at Twin Waters (can be noisy due to it being right under the flight path for the airport!) and Peregian Springs (which was a bit remote for us as you have to drive everywhere), but our favourite location has been here at Minyama (surrounded by canals, you can walk to the shopping centre and the beach, and you're 5 minutes' drive to Mooloolaba, which is always good for a night out or just a coffee by the beach - and the surf club bus will pick you up and bring you home if you're members!).

Good luck with the move.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi noosa and surrounds are great, can't beat Peregian area for me. Been here 11 years started in Peregian area in a rental and moved 3 times but never left the Peregian area.if you want a mix of hinterland and noosa look at doonan area but don't underestimate the time driving kids around to activities. For me Peregian springs has what we need as family, close to beach, near the shops close to everything. 20 mins to maroochydore, 10 mins to noosa civic, 15 minutes to Noosa. Good luck Wilshere family with your move...probably here now.

Thanks emmiejay,

we think we will be moving to brightwater now . Hopefully in August, we don't have any jobs yet so a bit of a holiday first

then head down ass up as they say lol . My wife would like to get the lad in school before he goes up to comp he's 11 as well .

Thanks for the offer of info we will definitely ask you a few things a bit closer to setting off .

regards Neil and Amy .

Hi Neil,

I have heard only good things about Mountain Creek State School. It has a really good reputation. My little boy will be starting there in January.

Are you guys still set to move in August? It's a great time of year, beautiful sunny days without any humidity. If you have any questions about the local area give me a shout. We recently just bought in Buderim having rented in Sippy Downs for the first 6months. It's been a busy 12 months here in Oz but we have absolutely no regrets and our boys just love it!! My drive to work when I see the sea it makes me smile and I feel very lucky to be here.

Thanks guys for the info, unfortunately we are still in the UK waiting for the golden tickets to come, don't know what the hold up is but its frustrating, we was hoping to move at the end of August but that's looking unlikely now . The lad starts comp in jan so we would like him to make a few mates be for that so fingers crossed we get the visa soon .

We have been in Oz now for 18 months, I FIFO so living in the Noosa area wasn't going to be a problem as I only have to be at the airport once a month. We particularly liked Tewantin but after looking for 9 months and have a couple of house contracts fall through we gave up. House prices in the whole area are crazy, and frankly just not worth the money. We were looking at houses in the $600-700K price range, everyone seems to want to sell at auction but nothing ever sells on the day. We found the whole process frustrating. We were travelling up from Narangba 3 or 4 times every time I was home. We stopped negotiations on one house after 6 weeks of back and forth offers, the house eventually sold 3 months later for 15K less than our best offer. Even finding a rental is not as easy as it sounds. We love the whole Sunny Coast area and will probably look at making the move again once our youngest has left school.

Hi Neil

Just a thought as you mention comp for your 11 year old, did you check out the ages for starting high school as it's a bit later here than uk. My boy is 11 this month but doesn't go to start high school until January 2017. Sure you have it sorted... Bright water school is very is similar to the one my sons are at so here it's very good.

Archived