Hooray - passed my Citizenship Test today

BrownEyedGal

Hi All

Just wanted to yell from the rooftops that I passed my Citizenship test today, Monday 20 April 2015 at Sydney Immi.

I had a little practice at the weekend and just before the interview, using the government and some of those free test sites, (if anything you become used to the format of the questions). I was lucky as I rang the Citizenship line to see if I could do it earlier and wow instead of a month wait, I did it today - pretty cool.

So today, I sat in front of the nice man at counter 6, gave all my ID as per online application for my interview. Good thing I bought extra ID as he wanted more than was required, apparently more ID helps with the background processing. All paperwork done and off I went to the test room.

Another gentleman signed me in and yes 42 seconds later, computer said "Congratulations...you passed ...100%". Involuntary scream of joy:)

Collected my things from the locker, had another jovial chat to gentleman at counter 6 and off I went, out into this English style stormy weather.

Once I get the all clear letter re police and background checks, I can wait up to 6 months to do my Citizenship ceremony. But the good thing is I can travel abroad once I get that clearance letter, so I'm pretty happy. It has been a long haul from my dream in 2004 of living here. My final step will be getting my Australian passport - so wait for the loudest scream ever when that happens...lol!!

BEGal

Edited by BrownEyedGal

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I now have my official letter from the office Hon Peter Dutton MP advising my application has been approved...yippee!!!! That letter was dated the day I took my test, so my ID check seemed to have been done fairly quickly.

So now to wait for my invitation to Ceremony:ssign19:.

Well Done!!

I applied for mine 4th Jan 2013, test was 6th Feb 2013, Ceremony was 8th May 2013!! I too was so relieved to finally have it; I had the dream since 1999 when my parents first brought me out here on holiday as a 12 year old! I then came back for the next 3 summer holiday to stay with my family as my dad just wouldn't move here! 14 years later my Aunt joined me at my ceremony as finally I had my dream come true!! lol...

My partner has his test on Thursday, I'm more excited than him!!

Fingers crossed for your ceremony date soon :wink:

Wow Want2beaussie, congratulations! Is your partner doing his test in Sydney?

It's amazing how we hold on tight to our dreams. I've been through so much to get this far, I cannot wait for my Ceremony to seal it all.

I'm already looking at doing my passport paperwork in readiness to apply for that...nothing like being ahead of the curve, lol!!

Wow Want2beaussie, congratulations! Is your partner doing his test in Sydney?

It's amazing how we hold on tight to our dreams. I've been through so much to get this far, I cannot wait for my Ceremony to seal it all.

I'm already looking at doing my passport paperwork in readiness to apply for that...nothing like being ahead of the curve, lol!!

Haha don't worry I already had mine done too - it was submitted the day after the ceremony and I got it back about 3 weeks later!!

No, he's doing his test in Perth, but then we move to Brisbane in 3 weeks time so hopefully we can have his ceremony over there; if not we will just go back on holiday though for it!

Hi Beach Pig

The test was easy in the sense it was multiple choice and English is my first language, so I understood the format of the questions.

Most of it related to the history of Australia and flags. I just practiced a few days beforehand and whilst waiting in the waiting room on my tablet. You cannot take anything into the room with you, all your things go into a locker.

When you finish the test, it tells you the time taken and the percentage.

I did my application online - what forms are you waiting for?

Hi Beach Pig

The test was easy in the sense it was multiple choice and English is my first language, so I understood the format of the questions.

Most of it related to the history of Australia and flags. I just practiced a few days beforehand and whilst waiting in the waiting room on my tablet. You cannot take anything into the room with you, all your things go into a locker.

When you finish the test, it tells you the time taken and the percentage.

I did my application online - what forms are you waiting for?

Congrats! We took our test at the end of November and are only just getting our ceremony later this month but that could just be our area of Sydney some take less time. I can't wait for my ceremony although I'm not looking forward to paying for 4 new passports for the family

• 4 months later...

UPDATE

I received my letter this week to invite me for my Ceremony and Pledge, in less than two weeks at Lane Cove...yeehaa!!!

Almost 6 months but very happy.

BEGal

Hi All

Just wanted to yell from the rooftops that I passed my Citizenship test today, Monday 20 April 2015 at Sydney Immi.

I had a little practice at the weekend and just before the interview, using the government and some of those free test sites, (if anything you become used to the format of the questions). I was lucky as I rang the Citizenship line to see if I could do it earlier and wow instead of a month wait, I did it today - pretty cool.

So today, I sat in front of the nice man at counter 6, gave all my ID as per online application for my interview. Good thing I bought extra ID as he wanted more than was required, apparently more ID helps with the background processing. All paperwork done and off I went to the test room.

Another gentleman signed me in and yes 42 seconds later, computer said "Congratulations...you passed ...100%". Involuntary scream of joy:)

Collected my things from the locker, had another jovial chat to gentleman at counter 6 and off I went, out into this English style stormy weather.

Once I get the all clear letter re police and background checks, I can wait up to 6 months to do my Citizenship ceremony. But the good thing is I can travel abroad once I get that clearance letter, so I'm pretty happy. It has been a long haul from my dream in 2004 of living here. My final step will be getting my Australian passport - so wait for the loudest scream ever when that happens...lol!!

BEGal