189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Nothing just yet... Would they have let me know if there was something drastically wrong???

I dont think so. If there is something wrong, the lady would say they need to do the routine check (whatever it is). If she said everything is ok, it means she will finalize it very soon. Take it easy. G' luck!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats! Enjoy your big day! :)

Thankyou. I am sooo happy right now. I cant believe the blood, sweat and tears that has gone into this process. 7 and a half years in the making this has taken us! The things we have been through just to get a 189 visa...

Guys, my visa lodged in March 04 and this forum is for guys lodged visa in April. I got response from CO on 22 April so I can consider the processing starts from then onward

I uploaded the requested additional documents on 13 May 2015. I am not sure my processing considered from then onward. Anyway, I am waiting everyday to hear from Immi Aus

Praveen

congratulations!

when you call up, what info do they ask you to access your account? I'm just wondering if they will talk to me if I'm with an agent

We have been wondering the same thing. Our agent has all our account info too ??

Yupie !!!

I've got four golden e-mails!!!!

Waiting is finished now and we have to start our preparation to move and job hunt :)

I am so happy.

I think that most of us will receive grants this week :)

Good luck everyone !!!!

Yupie !!!

I've got four golden e-mails!!!!

Waiting is finished now and we have to start our preparation to move and job hunt :)

I am so happy.

I think that most of us will receive grants this week :)

Good luck everyone !!!!

Congratulations!!!!! It's a great feeling isn't it!

Accepted offer on house last week & they want to complete 1st wk in August, so we'll see family for a couple of weeks & look to fly to Brisbane on 24th August.

Assuming we get the visas soon.....will try & call tonight .

Currently looking for cheap flights with good baggage allowance for people migrating.

Who did you book flights through & what is your baggage allowance?

Etihad flights were really good value and Id wanted to stop in UAE for a while. 30kg luggage, which is enough for us. We are moving to Tropical QLD so our clothes aren't too large and with 3 small children and their allowances to use too we will be lucky to need it all.

It's 02h55 and I just called to chase my application.

I was asked for the visa reference number and was told that nothing else is required and that she will look at finalising it when she got off the phone, or would send me an email detailing what it is they will have to do their end if not.

Fingers crossed when I get up later I have the visa grant emails.

Hope everyone else waiting gets theirs too, I see from the May thread that some have had theirs already.

Hi Lily91,

Thanks for the number.

I called (@12.45 AEST) and a recorded message said "If you haven't had any contact at all by the 1st of August 2015, then email gsm.adelaide@border.gov.au".

I waited on line and got a soft spoken lady over the phone. She looked through my application from the TRN and said "Tuh tuh tuh...That's fine. You should receive an email shortly. It has been granted."

"Oh, Is that it?" I said.

The lady: "Yes, it's all there."

Me: "I'm surprised, I thought there were some documents missing. I haven't had any contact since April."

Her: "Yeah, you should have received an email saying that it was being processed and that you would have to wait until the 1st of July... But it's all been done now."

Me: "That's great. Thank you very much!"

Her: "Not a problem. Have a good day."

Me: "You too."

Basically, you need to phone and let them know that you REALLY want that Permanent Residency Visa. Then you get it.

Hahaha. Life couldn't be simpler in Australia.

I bl**dy LOVE this country.

Have you guys tried to call them? Try this number 07 3136 7000 for both onshore and offshore. Lots of people got grant email after calling them. Good luck guys!

Archived