Tasha Johnston

Hi , i am looking help with applying for my ANMAC assessment. I have only qualified as a nurse so i do not have experience to get 3 months references. I am registered with AHPRA though so i can apply for a modified assessment and it states you do not necessarily need 3 months experience to apply. I want to know if not having experience will mean i will not be successful. does anyone have any experience of applying newly qualified? Thanks!

I think, and I am not 100% that they said they would be able to grant registration if you are registered with AHPRA, however I would be emailing ANMAC directly to ask that question.

Thank you for replying. I have contacted ANMAC twice today and they said they were unable to comment if it would hinder me passing the assessment ? hence why I want to know if anyone else has been through it.

Modified skills assessment applicants

If you are applying under ANZSCO codes 254499, 254111, or 411411 and do not need to obtain extra points towards your visa application, you are not required to submit professional references. If you are applying for an assessment under any other ANZSCO Code, you need to provide a professional reference of at least three months (full time equivalent) paid work experience in that setting. ANMAC has provided an example that helps to explain the professional reference requirements.

If you need to provide evidence of recent skilled employment (under any ANZSCO Code) in Australia or internationally in order to obtain points towards your visa application you will need to provide a professional reference of at least 36 months’ international experience or 12 months’ Australian experience. ANMAC has provided an example that helps to explain the professional reference requirements.

i had no proof of experience when i applied to anmac, i emailed them and asked, they stated as i was mental health trained i did not need reference/experience..so i dont know why they are not telling you anything, when i sent off application i attached the email they had sent me in with it as everywhere else i looked it told me i would need 3 months experience, in the end i didn't!

i had no proof of experience when i applied to anmac, i emailed them and asked, they stated as i was mental health trained i did not need reference/experience..so i dont know why they are not telling you anything, when i sent off application i attached the email they had sent me in with it as everywhere else i looked it told me i would need 3 months experience, in the end i didn't!

Thank you, when did you apply? I am mental health trained too but the girl said without experience I need to apply just as a registered nurse? Rather than mental health. I have emailed too so hopefully will get a reply I can attach also!

• 3 months later...