Aussie Citizenship how to?

JazzyAbby

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how the citizenship process works??

my husband is going to be getting his soon so we have it if we decide to ever come back but due to his long work hours I need to plan everything (I'm also an organisation freak :) )

So the test he has to do is it part of the online application?

so once he clicks 'apply now' does he fill out his information and then do the test?

or will he be given a time to do the test at a later date?

i know we'll also have to wait for our local council to make a ceremony date but is there anything else to it??

thanks in advance:)

Book a test, take the test, have interview and provide documents - they then do a check, if all ok you get a letter saying your application has been approved, you then wait to receive an invite from your nominated shire to attend a ceremony. Until you have attended the ceremony - you are not classed as a citizen.

Just out of interest I believe I'm able to apply next June 2015 1st when can I get the ball rolling and what are the steps to go about it,where I start,what I need and cost.

also approx from applying for it to getting it how long does it take and also the test what is this about what questions are you asked etc

Just out of interest I believe I'm able to apply next June 2015 1st when can I get the ball rolling and what are the steps to go about it,where I start,what I need and cost.

also approx from applying for it to getting it how long does it take and also the test what is this about what questions are you asked etc

Once you are eligible, go to http://www.citizenship.gov.au/ and complete the on line form - it is pretty simple and took me about 10 minutes and pay the fee - i think it is a few hundred. Then wait for them to contact you. You will then get an appointment at your local immigration centre. You take all the documents (you will be told what). A person their checks them and makes any copies. Then you do the test. The test is very simple and their are examples on the web site. Once passed, you then wait for the council to get in touch to invite you to a ceremony

• 2 months later...
You have to do the test when you go for the formal interview at the citizenship office. If he passes ( he will it's easy ) then you have to wait a few months for the ceremony.

Are these the same 20 questions which are in the book or they give you different questions?

Are these the same 20 questions which are in the book or they give you different questions?

OH and I had different questions, so I think there are more and they are selected randomly. If you read the booklet you should find it easy.

Archived