Hello :-)

grub

Hello to all.New to this forum.

Very happy to stumble upon pomsinOz.

Looking to make the job move-just starting to figure out how.

Can apply for 457 and 190 Skilled visa-after a quick search through the web and forum links.

Any advise on where to start off from here on would be much appreciated.

Hello to all.New to this forum.

Very happy to stumble upon pomsinOz.

Looking to make the job move-just starting to figure out how.

Can apply for 457 and 190 Skilled visa-after a quick search through the web and forum links.

Any advise on where to start off from here on would be much appreciated.

Those are very different visas, one being permanent and the other more like a work permit in that it ties you to a sponsoring employer. Do you have one of those lined up already?

A 190 would be a far better option than a 457. A 457 is a temp visa and you would need to first find an employer will and able to sponsor (not all employers can). It is normally valid for 4 years, but if you were to lose your job, you only have 90 days to find another sponsor or leave the country.

A 190 visa is a permanent visa

For a 457, you must have an occupation on the CSOL and sponsorship by an eligible employer. Do you have a sponsor lined up?

For a 190, your occupation must be on the CSOL and also on a state list and you must also have a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test. Is your occupation on the CSOL and a state list? Do you meet whatever special requirements that are imposed by that state in order to be eligible for sponsorship?

What is your occupation? Do you meet the skills assessment requirements for that occupation?

Thank you all for your quick replies-very active forum love it :))

Unfortunately no sponsors lines up,no visa lined up either.Am just starting the search.

My initial thought was to go for the 457 and get the 190 when i am in the country (Will qualify with +60 points for 190).

Also signed up of the EOI Skill select process-can get picked through this?

Sponsorship is a must and looking into how i can proceed with this.

Reading though the forum i can see that getting the job from abroad is tough.

For a 457, you must have an occupation on the CSOL and sponsorship by an eligible employer. Do you have a sponsor lined up?

For a 190, your occupation must be on the CSOL and also on a state list and you must also have a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test. Is your occupation on the CSOL and a state list? Do you meet whatever special requirements that are imposed by that state in order to be eligible for sponsorship?

What is your occupation? Do you meet the skills assessment requirements for that occupation?

My occupation (biomedical engineering) is on and eligible for sponsorship from what i can see,Will be undergoing English exam to secure +60 points.

Well it is not usually so simple as "going on a 457 visa" because it is very hard to find willing employer sponsors. It varies by occupation though and you will have to test the water a bit with employers and see if there is much interest in doing so.

Good news is your occupation is on two sate sponsorship lists, WA and NSW so the 190 is certainly a possibility. Personally I would focus on this, then you get a permanent visa and are not tied to any particular employer. You are a bit hasty starting an EOI though, you need to do skills assessment first and it is very important that you do not do these things in the wrong order. When you filled in your EOI form didn't it ask if you had a skills assessment? I thought it did, but then I have not looked for a while.

Well it is not usually so simple as "going on a 457 visa" because it is very hard to find willing employer sponsors. It varies by occupation though and you will have to test the water a bit with employers and see if there is much interest in doing so.

Good news is your occupation is on two sate sponsorship lists, WA and NSW so the 190 is certainly a possibility. Personally I would focus on this, then you get a permanent visa and are not tied to any particular employer. You are a bit hasty starting an EOI though, you need to do skills assessment first and it is very important that you do not do these things in the wrong order. When you filled in your EOI form didn't it ask if you had a skills assessment? I thought it did, but then I have not looked for a while.

Hi Bungo.

Currently submitted a EOI under 457 visa application.

Yep it does-Does the client have a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessingauthority? - Replied No (have not gone through the Australian engineering board yet).

Does this mean my application will be overlooked?

Thank you.

I think it's safe to say no employers go to Skill Select to look for candidates for their open jobs. They get far too many job applicants by simply advertising. So your likelihood of getting invited for a 457 visa is virtually nil.

If you can qualify for a 190 visa, that'd be the option to go with.

Biomedical Engineer is on the SOL so if you can get a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia and 60 points on the points test, you don't need to mess about getting employer or state sponsorship, but can go for a permanent Skilled Independent 189 visa, which is the best visa of all. It allows you work for any employer, in any occupation and in any location - no strings attached of any kind. Once you have a 189 in hand, it will make the job search much easier, whether from overseas or onshore.

Hi Bungo.

Currently submitted a EOI under 457 visa application.

Yep it does-Does the client have a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessingauthority? - Replied No (have not gone through the Australian engineering board yet).

Does this mean my application will be overlooked?

Thank you.

No employer is going to look for an employee to sponsor on skill select, there is no point doing anything for the 457 until you actually have a job offer. As for the 190/189 visa, well you need to do the skills assessment first, at least you didn't say yes, but I would be inclined to see if you can delete this submission and start a new one at the right time.

Right now, you should be applying to EA for skills assessment and doing one of the English tests for additional points. Withdraw your EOI - nothing will come of it as it stands. When you have a positive skills assessment and 60 points, submit a new EOI for a 189 if you have 60 points without state sponsorship. You shouldn't go for a state sponsored visa unless you have only 55 (190) or 50 (489) points including 20 points for Superior English. If you have 50 or 55 points including only 10 points for Proficient English, do the English test again.