189 Visa Lodged March 2015

I got contact from a CO this morning, email just came through at 7.30am :-) They have asked for full birth certificates for our 2 children which I have not uploaded to our account and sent by email! I assume they won't need any further docs, do they normally ask for everything in one go or could they come back and ask for more bits now?

Either way I am SO excited to know we have a CO looking at our case now!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted!!!!!CO asked for Norway PCC on 22nd Apr. which I had already submitted before.

I wrote an email for description yesterday and received the VISA GRANT NOTICE just now!!

Congratulations bro!

Mate just wanted to ask for which field did u apply. And were u single applicant? I lodged on 27th March. All docs submitted. I applie for general accountant with 60 points. Still waiting..:dull:

Looking at the tracker the 27th March should be in about 10-14 days time, not long to go!

Thanks bud....but what happens in my case is that my AFP (which i already had from my TR last year) expires in 10 days time. So would you advise me to do another AFP or wait if a co asks me to get one.

Thanks bud....but what happens in my case is that my AFP (which i already had from my TR last year) expires in 10 days time. So would you advise me to do another AFP or wait if a co asks me to get one.

you might get the grant before your AFP check expire but I reckon better you apply for new one if you don't mind paying few extra $. So your grant will not be delayed in any case. good luck with your application.

You initial entry date is usually based on a year from your police certificate date or your medicals, whichever came first. I suspect (and only a CO will know this) that you'll need another one.

Thanks mate. I guess i must wait if the CO asks. Any Idea how fast they are tracking for General Accountants (60Points:huh:)

Thanks mate. I guess i must wait if the CO asks. Any Idea how fast they are tracking for General Accountants (60Points:huh:)

Though I hear people saying x is faster than y, whether an application is processed within 47 days or 70 days doesn't seem to be linked to the occupation at all in my opinion. Just look at the tracker, the only thing that seems to delay things is if CO asks for more documents.

just seen on visa tracker that someone has a grant from 21st march i.e. processed within 44 days!!!!!!!

We lodged on 23rd so lots of nail biting here in our household can't wait!!

Got mine in 48, looking at the tracker you should hear back either this week or next!

Got my grant today! I called them to check they had receive my email I sent on Friday attaching birth certificates. The lady I spoke to checked the inbox, found it and told me she would sent out verification this afternoon. I got the grant email through an hour later!! :wink:

Got my grant today! I called them to check they had receive my email I sent on Friday attaching birth certificates. The lady I spoke to checked the inbox, found it and told me she would sent out verification this afternoon. I got the grant email through an hour later!! :wink:

congratulation youngfreewild..........

I'm not a 189 visa but I did submit my 489 30/12/14. CO assigned 13feb and now we are in limbo land and haven't heard anything since. Only thing we have been told is that the 2014/15 places are almost at a close. This is so frustrating, we don't even know how many places they have left. I hate the fact that we have no correspondence, I know they have thousands of applicants but we are paying substantial amounts of money and deserve some form of updates.

good luck to everyone, hope we all find out very soon

omg thats too much wait.. I guess 489 is also for 3 months processing and wonder why it is taking too long for you.

22nd march co grant for 189 according to tracker......lodged 5 days after that.....Eagerly waiting and the wait is frustrating.

Yes the 489, 189 and 190 are all supposed to be within approx 3 months and are first priority over others. I have emailed my migration agent to chase it up, I know they don't like to be bothered but 6 months is pushing it a bit now.

Thanks for the congrats :-) we are booking flights today to Brisbane, looks like 28th June will be the date we book!

congrats youngfreewild....

you will be arriving in best time of the year in Queensland... English summer but our winter :)

good luck......