delays with shipping of goods...

iamrachael

Our precious belongings were picked up from our flat in London 3 and a half months ago with the idea that it would take 3 months in total for them to reach us in Melbourne. They sat in storage in UK for well over 2 months before being assigned to a ship. My partner and I have been living here now for 2 months and tracking the ship daily on a marine traffic website and it's stopping off at every single port in China. At this rate we will not have our goods for at least another month. That'll be almost 5 months - best case scenario! We've had to buy doubles of things we already have coming because we can't wait any longer! I know the delay is out of the hands of the shipping company, but their level of communication with us has been zero! Has anyone else suffered big delays with the shipment of their goods?

Thankfully we were lucky and ours arrived in the quoted time. It sounds like the delay was waiting for a container 'to be full' before it was loaded. I dont honestly think there is much you can do, but instead of buying stuff to tide you over ,maybe look at renting goods for a little while.

Fingers crossed you get your shipping as soon as possible and there is no hold ups at the docks on arrival.

Cal x

Our precious belongings were picked up from our flat in London 3 and a half months ago with the idea that it would take 3 months in total for them to reach us in Melbourne. They sat in storage in UK for well over 2 months before being assigned to a ship. My partner and I have been living here now for 2 months and tracking the ship daily on a marine traffic website and it's stopping off at every single port in China. At this rate we will not have our goods for at least another month. That'll be almost 5 months - best case scenario! We've had to buy doubles of things we already have coming because we can't wait any longer! I know the delay is out of the hands of the shipping company, but their level of communication with us has been zero! Has anyone else suffered big delays with the shipment of their goods?

It's not uncommon if you're only shipping a part container, as they have to wait until the container is full before your goods can even leave port - and then the choice of ship may be limited.

It is always tough to decide what to bring because as you've discovered, there are things you simply can't manage without while you wait for your stuff to arrive. In hindsight, that's the kind of stuff it's better to give away or sell.

I think if the shipping company had been a bit more open with their communication, we'd be more forgiving. We were told for weeks it was going any day and that was put back for weeks and weeks. It's frustrating but not the end of the world. The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing, but sadly won't help us this time.

Danny - We went with Doree Bonner. The salesman was on fire, we liked him and were sold then and there!

I think if the shipping company had been a bit more open with their communication, we'd be more forgiving. We were told for weeks it was going any day and that was put back for weeks and weeks. It's frustrating but not the end of the world. The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing, but sadly won't help us this time.

Danny - We went with Doree Bonner. The salesman was on fire, we liked him and were sold then and there!

Was it a part container? If not I would be really mad if my container sat at port for two months. I think five months is a ridiculous amount of time. We are shipping the other way and I am not pleased with the delays, my pick up agent in UK is also Doree Bonner, but I think it was the other end that caused the delays.

So this is a little embarrassing. Removal men called last week to tell us our shipment had arrived, cleared quarantine and was ready for delivery. It comes tomorrow. I don't know what ship we have been tracking all this time, but it certainly wasn't the one with our goods on it. Just an FYI, we were using a ship tracking website called, Marine Traffic.

Anyway, it's happy days here. Looking forward to having my hoover again!

Archived