Validating visa

familyof4

H

On 3/13/2016 at 14:06, MaggieMay24 said:

What I have read from migration agents is that you can breach the initial entry date and then contact immigration to explain your compelling reasons for doing so. And what the migration agents have said is that your reasons must be truly compelling, i.e. in hospital due to car accident. Not simply that you didn't get around to it or couldn't afford the flights or kids had school exams, etc. So you can't simply show up at the airport years later and expect to be granted entry to Australia.

Hi Maggie, 

I'm stuck with the same problem of 8504 breach.

I haven't breached it yet but along with grant letter have received a notice letter which states the following

"The grant of your General Skilled Migration visa included the following visa condition:
8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.
This condition requires that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made before the date specified in the “Visa Grant Notice” provided to you when your visa was granted.
General Skilled Migration is aware that you and/or your family members who were granted a visa as part of your application may not comply with this condition.
Failure to comply with visa conditions can render a visa liable for cancellation under the Migration Act 1958 and visa holders are encouraged to make their first entry by the initial entry date.
General Skilled Migration; however; has no objection to visa holders travelling to Australia in breach of condition 8504 and will not seek to cancel a visa where the only reason for doing so would be the breach of this condition.
Visa Validity Period
This notice can only be used during the period for which you hold a valid visa. Information about your visa validity period is also contained in the “Visa Grant Notice”.
If your General Skilled Migration visa has ceased for any reason then you cannot use this notice to enter Australia as the holder of this visa".

Questions:
1) Is this the IED waiver email or what's this email for ?

2) do you know anyone who received this email and breached the condition and was still permitted ?

/staokeer

On 3/12/2016 at 16:19, familyof4 said:

Hi Craigriach

We still have not moved. Our initial entry date has passed. I have sent a 2 emails to Immigration to try to get it clarified but no reply yet.

If I ever get a reply or when we make the move, I will update this thread to let you all know!!!

Hi familyof4,

I understand that you didn't enter Oz by the IED date and that you received a generic email (withoutapplication details in the pdf) which has the following written"General Skilled Migration; however; has no objection to visa holders travelling to Australia in breach of condition 8504 and will not seek to cancel a visa where the only reason for doing so would be the breach of this condition."

Hope you entered the country with no problems ? I hope the letter is the IED waiver.

6 hours ago, staokeer said:

H

Hi Maggie, 

I haven't breached it yet but along with grant letter have received a notice letter which states the following

"The grant of your General Skilled Migration visa included the following visa condition:
8504 The holder must enter Australia as the holder of the visa to which the condition applies before a date specified by the Minister.
This condition requires that an initial entry into Australia by each visa holder be made before the date specified in the “Visa Grant Notice” provided to you when your visa was granted.
General Skilled Migration is aware that you and/or your family members who were granted a visa as part of your application may not comply with this condition.
Failure to comply with visa conditions can render a visa liable for cancellation under the Migration Act 1958 and visa holders are encouraged to make their first entry by the initial entry date.
General Skilled Migration; however; has no objection to visa holders travelling to Australia in breach of condition 8504 and will not seek to cancel a visa where the only reason for doing so would be the breach of this condition.
Visa Validity Period
This notice can only be used during the period for which you hold a valid visa. Information about your visa validity period is also contained in the “Visa Grant Notice”.
If your General Skilled Migration visa has ceased for any reason then you cannot use this notice to enter Australia as the holder of this visa".

Questions:

2) do you know anyone who received this email and breached the condition and was still permitted ?

/staokeer

In effect you will need a VERY good reason why you could not do it. This will normally not allow financial as the government assume you have several thousand to migrate and the price of a return ticket is a lot less. You will also need compelling evidence that you couldn't spare enough time to get on a flight and get straight back on a flight - that is all that was needed. 

Hi Everyone.

can someone tell me how 28 days count for response??

from same day when you receive letter or from next day??

As this letter was sent to you by email, you are taken to have received it at the end of the day
it was transmitted. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

On 11/11/2017 at 18:52, staokeer said:

H

Hi Maggie, 

Visa Validity Period

Questions:

/staokeer

Hi, 

This is IED waiver email. You need to print it and show it at departing country's immigration counter. I also got one last year and traveled in breach of our IEDScreenshot_20171112-193642_01.thumb.jpg.5b7e966727c8299c0806f7e6a3f623d3.jpg

13 hours ago, Ozzy_PR said:

Hi, 

This is IED waiver email. You need to print it and show it at departing country's immigration counter. I also got one last year and traveled in breach of our IEDScreenshot_20171112-193642_01.thumb.jpg.5b7e966727c8299c0806f7e6a3f623d3.jpg

Hi,

I emailed skilled.support asking them if I can enter Australia even after the IED and this is the response I had received.

===========
The notice to visa holders- Initial entry date form will facilitate your entry into Australia after the Initial Entry Date expiry. You should retain a copy of this letter as you may require it when making your travel arrangements, when boarding your flights or on arrival in Australia.

In answer to your enquiry yes you and your family can enter Australia after the initial entry date mentioned in the grant letter.
===========

Conclusion:
a) I only have the generic letter.
b) I didn't receive a facilitation letter yet skilled.support confirmed that I and my family can enter after IED.

Thanks
Staokeer

On 11/12/2017 at 01:03, VERYSTORMY said:

In effect you will need a VERY good reason why you could not do it. This will normally not allow financial as the government assume you have several thousand to migrate and the price of a return ticket is a lot less. You will also need compelling evidence that you couldn't spare enough time to get on a flight and get straight back on a flight - that is all that was needed. 

Hi,

I emailed skilled.support asking them if I can enter Australia even after the IED and this is the response I had received.

===========
The notice to visa holders- Initial entry date form will facilitate your entry into Australia after the Initial Entry Date expiry. You should retain a copy of this letter as you may require it when making your travel arrangements, when boarding your flights or on arrival in Australia.

In answer to your enquiry yes you and your family can enter Australia after the initial entry date mentioned in the grant letter.
===========

Conclusion:
a) I only have the generic letter.
b) I didn't receive a facilitation letter yet skilled.support confirmed that I and my family can enter after IED.
c) Will travel to Oz at a later date.

Thanks
Staokeer

This is from the DIPB Website

Must not arrive after date You must enter Australia before this date – as long as you enter Australia before this date you are allowed to be in Australia for the stay period listed for your visa.
For
  • tem

Archived