Could I buy two seats?

Danny842003

Guest The Pom Queen
So this is purely hypothetical but I was looking at excess baggage costs on Etihad about £500 give or take for an extra 10Kg. Now in theory could just buy a second ticket £526 have two seats on the flight and the 30Kg baggage allowance?

Why don't you just ask PSS how much it is for a suitcase a lot cheaper.

I am sure you could pay for an extra seat as larger people are often asked to.

check with the airline, for info qantas call them comfort seats.

you should pay less for it, as the airline will not be serving food, or indeed paying taxes for it.

i love the idea, and will be doing it next time i go to the uk. for 2 of us, only slightly more than premium, more room between us and extra baggage too, winner!

Hi Danny,

When I was coming back from Oz I had a 30kg of weight of my bags and I was flying with them. They wanted to charge a stupid amount in the end I flew my stuff with DHL express and it cost me around $250 to $300 and it was a Door to Door sevice if you could not make it to the office. It took 2days to get to UK, but I flew a drill back but went with pack and send try them might be cheaper.

So this is purely hypothetical but I was looking at excess baggage costs on Etihad about £500 give or take for an extra 10Kg. Now in theory could just buy a second ticket £526 have two seats on the flight and the 30Kg baggage allowance?

No, because the rule is that if a passenger doesn't occupy his seat, his luggage has to be removed from the hold. Although I can see what you're trying to do, I suspect the bureaucrats would be too inflexible to allow you to "break " the rule.

No, because the rule is that if a passenger doesn't occupy his seat, his luggage has to be removed from the hold. Although I can see what you're trying to do, I suspect the bureaucrats would be too inflexible to allow you to "break " the rule.

Yeah I know obese people have to buy two seats sometimes, but i did guess it would be some daft rule and I hadn't just worked out a way to beat the system lol.

Archived