Moved to WA with CPC Engineering ??

KimberleeG92

Hi im new to the forum this is just a query, my husband has been a fabricator/welder for 15 years and has a job interview with CPC Engineering soon, providing he gets a job offer does anyone know if they cover the cost of anything ie visa flights etc as it says they will sponsor if not how much did you pay in all to get to WA .Kalgoorlie is where the job is based I just want to be prepared with some information so we can ask relevant questions as im 22 and have s 6 month old and my husba d 32 and not so worried about if we did move Thanks guys ! Any advice personal experience welcome!! xxx[emoji16]

It would be rare for a sponsor for trade occupations to pay for anything except the visa.

Be be aware that a sponsored visa is usually a 457. This is a temporary visa and tied to the employer. So, if he were to lose his job, you would only have 90 days to find another company willing and able to sponsor or leave the country.

Hi Thank you I have tried to research Kalgoorlie watched/read/researched all about it pretty much like where we live now buy obviously much hotter with a few odd things added, but i havent found many articles or statements from employees who have migrated to Kalgoorlie with this company . But as i said my husband only has an interview i just like to be mentally prepared as family are invited to ask questions too . Any info or thoughts are appreciated

Trust me, as someone that visits Kal regularly, I can promise it is nothing like where you live now!

first, it is in the middle of the desert.

To say it can be rough would be an understatement. It is a mining town and exists purely for mining. So, very transient population. The most popular bars have skimpies - semi naked young girls serving beer. The most famous attraction is a brothel.

• 3 months later...

Hey, an ex CPC employee here..

I worked for CPC for 2 and a bit years and for the most part had a pretty good time with them. Work is very up and down, some weeks you'll work 7 14 hour days and then next week be lucky to get 12 hours in. The work is mining so its dusty, dirty shitty work, with long days and long periods away from home.

As for Kalgoorlie I didn't mind my time there, got a bit boring on extended periods off work. Theres plenty to do for families and night life if pretty good. Real estate agents are a@#holes. Shopping is expensive and half the food has gone off when you buy it.

You'll enjoy your first summer there when it gets to 46c!! Get a house with a pool...And winter, as it is now, is cold or bloody cold once you've got used to the heat of summer.

Feel free to pm me for anything

ID (drivers license/passport) and 2 references where the main ones. CPC will give you a reference once your ready. Or they can take on the rental for you for 6 months or so, which may be easier.

When you do go for a house make sure you go over the rental condition report with a very fine tooth comb and get it updated with any and every defect in the house! As when you leave they will try to charge you for every little scratch and stain and make you pay to leave...!!!

Hello Well there side of the visa has been accepted and we r doing our side now just need to attach documents but in a bit of a situation with my husband having something on his record from 15 years ago so finding out what to do about that . Hopefully all will be fine though :-) x

As long as he never served more than a year in prison there "shouldn't" be anything to worry about. Just get a uk police clearance and they may ask you to do a form 80. Just be honest.

Ive got a couple convictions on my uk record from 10 years ago and had no problems with 457 or PR :)

We had the interview back in Nov they wanted my partner to start as soon as possible but due to things back home ie selling house/cars and saving cash we decided to do it in June. We also have a small child he is 16 months now we thought it would be better to go out in Ozzy winter hoping that will help us adjust easier. We applied and paid for our visa on May 1st and it was granted on 19 th May so it didn't take long at all. ?

omg thats so quick we thought it takes months so were guessing sept time we wud b out lol. Oh brilliant -PerthpomSRT (about the criminal record) we've been so nervous ! Let us know hoe u got on Hawthorn would love to hear ur take on it. Are u booking a seat for ur 16 month old ? xxx

My other half had an interview in Feb and is going through visa documents process at the minute with him hoping to go in September me and the family (three boys, five seven and ten) waiting till next year to see how it pans out work wise money wise and of its viable for the five of us to live there I am very nervous about the town and its mixed reviews family wise ive been told it's great for families then forums like this one will say it's a guys town nothing to do etc its so confusing! Good luck with your visas our other halves may be work colleagues soon!!

Aaw wow ur so brave i would miss my OH too much ! Well carls start date is october 14th submitting visa this week and fingers crossed we will be there end of september.. then i can give u an honest review from a brit :-) I think the money situation depend if ur working too as i wont b able to work as my daughter will only b 16months so will be depending on my husband wage . Hope all goes well for you :-) x

My other half had an interview in Feb and is going through visa documents process at the minute with him hoping to go in September me and the family (three boys, five seven and ten) waiting till next year to see how it pans out work wise money wise and of its viable for the five of us to live there I am very nervous about the town and its mixed reviews family wise ive been told it's great for families then forums like this one will say it's a guys town nothing to do etc its so confusing! Good luck with your visas our other halves may be work colleagues soon!!

I'm sure there's plenty to do for families. They have a decent outdoor pool for one, would be great in summer. Not too far from some glorious beaches and scenery in Esperance. Loved it there and if it was closer to Perth we would go a lot more.

Archived