Cyclone Marcia

HelensvaleHoward

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All calm still on the Sunny(?) Coast.

lake in front of us already very full, it's tidal and a very high tide is due at 9, the water has never yet come near us as we are about 10ft higher and grass between us before the wall, but some houses without a wall will be worried.

went to have a look at the sea yesterday, it was pretty rough, will have another look later.

stay safe everyone.

Absolutely bucketing down now, pool almost full, bung is out.

Keep your head down @Bobj xx

Thanks for the kind words. However, the cyclone missed us by that much...So much so that I went fishing at 7AM. Sea was as flat as a bikkie. Sadly though, people further south will not be as lucky.

All in all, we only received about 21 mm rain for the period and about 10 knot winds. The swell was forecast for 8 metres but it was only about 1 metre.

IMG_0001_zpspelnxolm.jpg

Extreme right hand side is the R send of Marcia...

Cheers, Bobj.

Absolutely bucketing down now, pool almost full, bung is out.

Water is about 5 ft from our wall, have never seen the lake so full in the 12 years we have lived here. the amount of water to fill it so full is beyond me to estimate.

would take a photo and post if I was clever enough.

Guest The Pom Queen
Water is about 5 ft from our wall, have never seen the lake so full in the 12 years we have lived here. the amount of water to fill it so full is beyond me to estimate.

would take a photo and post if I was clever enough.

Take care

Archived