Ahpra

jac2011

Just wanted to let everyone know applying that I got my AHPRA registration in principle 8 days after they received the final document. My original application arrived in mid October. Unfortunately NMC messed me around sending them a statement of entry. AHPRA wanted it directly from then and NMC state they don't normally send it.

And I have till March 2016 to present :-)

Now onward's and upwards. Lets see if I can secure a position before I leave.

Just wanted to let everyone know applying that I got my AHPRA registration in principle 8 days after they received the final document. My original application arrived in mid October. Unfortunately NMC messed me around sending them a statement of entry. AHPRA wanted it directly from then and NMC state they don't normally send it.

Great news xxx

I am in process of completing my ahpra application, form done, evidence collected just need certified and send off.

Do I need to send all my cpd paperwork with it too? Does this need to be certified?

How come you did the ilets? I thought that if you can prove English language in education for at least five years you don't need it and you can get anmac skills assessment after ahpra reg has been accepted without exam? Worried now that I'm wrong?

Did you have any assistance with your applications or did you do it all yourself? Thinking of getting agent but not sure if this is a waste of money ?

which visa are you going on? How long has yours taken to apply and accepted?

I did IELTS for ANMAC as I am doing ANMAC and AHPRA at the same time. I am not going for the modified assessment.

I have done the process myself as I have done lots of research! If money is tight and your situation is not too complex its easy enough to do.

Congratulations on the AHPRA and I'm sure your ANMAC won't be much longer, as we applied at about the same time (still don't understand how mine came back so quickly, not that I'm complaining!)

I'm still getting everything together for AHPRA, but a bit worried about having to present at the offices, no way I'll be out there before next year and a bit far for a weekend break! What happens if you don't "present" in time?

Do you have to go through the whole process again or a modified version?

Good luck with the next step in your journey, seems like its all coming together so far x

Hi!

What do you mean by having to present??

My husband has just got his IELTS back, which he passed with flying colours thank god!

This has now been sent off as part of the assessment and we paid the intro fee, we have been told it could take up to 12 weeks!!

Appreciate your advice. Thank you ?

Sarahb, if you apply to AHPRA then you only provide a passport. I haven't met all their ID requirements yet as I am not yet in Australia. So when I arrive, I will go to their offices to show ID and address proof and they will arrange for my registration to be finalised.

Thankyou to everyone!

Congratulations on the AHPRA and I'm sure your ANMAC won't be much longer, as we applied at about the same time (still don't understand how mine came back so quickly, not that I'm complaining!)

I'm still getting everything together for AHPRA, but a bit worried about having to present at the offices, no way I'll be out there before next year and a bit far for a weekend break! What happens if you don't "present" in time?

Do you have to go through the whole process again or a modified version?

Good luck with the next step in your journey, seems like its all coming together so far x

I didnt post my ANMAC till January so I believe I still have a little bit of time to wait.

I am not sure what you would do??? When do you plan on going over?

Brilliant news, congrats! All being well we'll be heading for Brisbane in September too, maybe see you there ? !!

I'm just preparing to send off my AHPRA stuff...did you do a cover letter with it or just the form and all the documents? And what post did you use to send it?

I didnt post my ANMAC till January so I believe I still have a little bit of time to wait.

I am not sure what you would do??? When do you plan on going over?

If I could go tonight, I'd be heading for the airport now!! But realistically not for another year or so.

Was planning on going for the 489 visa with Queensland my preferred State, hence applying for AHPRA now as they need it in place before EOI.

However, in Dec I'll have my 3 years nursing experience, so would ideally like to go for the 190 visa as fewer restrictions and PR straight off.

But, and it's a big but, I turn 45 in April of 2016, so need to have been invited before that or it's all over.....decisions, decisions!!

Congratulations! We already have PR but we have had to wait until my husband qualified as a nurse (last Sept) to start planning the move.

We are hoping to head for the Sunshine Coast but not until the end of October next year.. ....Deciding exactly when to apply to Ahpra is proving diffciult! As i will finish at end of school year in July 2016 we want at least a few months to get to Australia - as much as possible overland (daughter will be at Uni in UK so we can take our time) so based on your timescales looks like July this year would be good.

Do you have until a specific date in March next year to present or anytime during that month?

Brilliant news, congrats! All being well we'll be heading for Brisbane in September too, maybe see you there  !!

I'm just preparing to send off my AHPRA stuff...did you do a cover letter with it or just the form and all the documents? And what post did you use to send it?

I cant remember now, sorry. It seems like so many documents ago I have lost track!

I posted it all by Royal Mail the £9.10 (International Tracked) service. I am glad I did as I was forever sending extra documents and have probably spent £75 all in sending extra bits here and there.

Have you booked your flights yet? We have and so are under pressure. I would love to have my ANMAC like you have. I am currently doing all the overtime a girl can get to ensure we have the funds in place to submit in April. We think this is approximately when I will hear from ANMAC.

We haven't booked flights yet, I want the pr visa all done and dusted first - I'm finding it hard to believe it'll all come together!! There's so much to do, it's a bit overwhelming, but hoping that by the end of May we'll have visa and AHPRA in place at least! Will keep you posted :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Its been a while since we posted on POI as my other half is busy studying a top up degree to meet the new criteria , she has elected to take her last two modules together meaning she will finish about may / June time, until recently we thought the degree certificate would be presented sometime between July - September but my wife has recently been told by her Uni this wont happen until graduation day in November :(

So what I would like to know is this, has anyone on POI applied to AHPRA before receiving the grad certificate In the understanding it can be supplied immediately prior to registration , I believe the Uni will be issuing my wife a letter and transcripts will be available when she completes...would this suffice temporarily? this would be to add to an application that was made previously with her Dip HE where she received a bridging letter that expires in November , or otherwise starting afresh, any advice would be helpful,

I think I know what the answer will be just hoping were wrong as this could reduce our waiting time significantly.

and my comedy question!! what is the current Guestimated!! time for AHPRA processing UK top up Nursing degrees???

thanks.

Archived