university in Perth

newjez

My kids have dual citizenship but reside with us in the UK. If they wanted to attend university in Perth, would it just be a simple matter of applying after they do their A levels? I assume being Australian citizens they will just pay domestic hecs and not foreign fee? Has anyone done this, and how hard is it to do? I imagine the term timing difference would make things a bit complicated.

It is pretty straightforward. Look on the websites for the unis you're thinking of, they'll tell you what the process is and how A levels are transferred - it's quite generous really. The courses mine were looking at needed BBC in Melbourne, but AAA here!

I can't quite remember how they apply as its a couple of years since we were considering it and after all the UCAS stuff here, my brains in a bit of a mush with it all.

They will be considered as 'home students' for the financial side which is much more generous than the UK. The only thing to consider is living expenses (rent) - they were way more expensive than here.

This might help. We went to one of their open days in London which was ok and useful for getting the low down from the universities themselves.

http://www.studyoptions.com/study-australia?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6dGmBRC_3Mi-x_XywKsBEiQA1lcFP9KL8gO9gBFj5KFvlCfBP-IVGglriJxCfncgNE4n_dAaApxD8P8HAQ

They would just start in the Feb following A levels

Edited by caramac

It is pretty straightforward. Look on the websites for the unis you're thinking of, they'll tell you what the process is and how A levels are transferred - it's quite generous really. The courses mine were looking at needed BBC in Melbourne, but AAA here!

I can't quite remember how they apply as its a couple of years since we were considering it and after all the UCAS stuff here, my brains in a bit of a mush with it all.

They will be considered as 'home students' for the financial side which is much more generous than the UK. The only thing to consider is living expenses (rent) - they were way more expensive than here.

This might help. We went to one of their open days in London which was ok and useful for getting the low down from the universities themselves.

http://www.studyoptions.com/study-australia?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6dGmBRC_3Mi-x_XywKsBEiQA1lcFP9KL8gO9gBFj5KFvlCfBP-IVGglriJxCfncgNE4n_dAaApxD8P8HAQ

They would just start in the Feb following A levels

Thanks for that. Accommodation would be fine as we have family there. It's an option, but still a couple of years away, but they are growing up so fast.