Need Advice for my scenario ..

aspireaussie

Kindly let me know the choices available for me

I applied for PR for me,my wife and my 2 kids [ 189 subclass ]

Currently it is in the last stage of PCC .. expecting PR grant in 2-3 months ..

Once granted, will move to Australia in 4 months from now.

Now the scenario:

My father stays with us [ indian].

1) Is there a visa that can help him travel with us and stay with us for a year from day one of our travel.

thanks verystormy and rammygirl

after 1 year , can he apply for extension to stay another year ?

my long term plan is to apply for PR for him whereby i can pay extra amount and get it quickly processed ..

after first 1 year is up, can he apply for extension to stay another year ? [ or go back and come again ]

please advise.

Have a look at immi.gov.au but I believe he can get a 3 year visa that allows him to spend up to 12 months at a time for 3 years. Meaning if he leaves for 1 day at the end of each 12 month period he would be able to stay 3 years.

However, he would not be entitled to health care. He would have to pass a medical and not be entitled to any australia social security.

Have a look at immi.gov.au but I believe he can get a 3 year visa that allows him to spend up to 12 months at a time for 3 years. Meaning if he leaves for 1 day at the end of each 12 month period he would be able to stay 3 years.

However, he would not be entitled to health care. He would have to pass a medical and not be entitled to any australia social security.

The 600 visa for parents can have a 3 year validity but it only allows stays of up to a year in any 18 month period. So parents have to be away for 6 months before they can come back for another year.

Is there a reason you didn't include him on your application? If he's dependent on you, living with you and financially supported by you, he may have qualified. Were you concerned he wouldn't pass the medical? If that was your concern, he's unlikely to qualify for PR down the road as all types of PR require the same medical.

Usually, a dependent relative must be your or your spouse or de facto partner’s brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or step equivalent. A dependent relative must:

above is given in the link http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/including-family-members-in-your-application.aspx

so does it mean i cant add my father in my 189 PR application ?

please advice

Guest Chewitts
dear all

http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/including-family-members-in-your-application.aspx

i cant add him to the application as parents are not allowed

can you confirm please

where does it say no parents?.....if he is truly dependant on you surely he would fit into this

"Other dependent relative

Usually, a dependent relative must be your or your spouse or de facto partner’s brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew or step equivalent. A dependent relative must:

not have a spouse or de facto partner

be usually resident in your household and

be dependent on you.

To be dependent your relative must be :

wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing) and

more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source and

have relied on you for that support for a substantial period, usually for at least 12 months, immediately before you lodge your application

or

wholly or substantially reliant on you because they cannot work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions

For any dependent relative that you include in your visa application, you must provide evidence of their:

relationship to you

dependency on you

relationship status (whether they are married, in a de facto relationship, divorced, separated).

This evidence includes:

a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to you

documents showing that the relative lives in your household

documents showing that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.

If your relative is divorced, legally separated or widowed, you must provide certified copies of supporting evidence, such as:

the document of legal divorce

the document of legal separation

the death certificate of the deceased partner."

I'm not sure why parent isn't included in the "usually" list, but there is nothing that says a parent can't be a dependant. If he meets the criteria (lives in your household and is wholly/substantially dependent on you for financial and basic needs) then you can include him. He also needs to pass the medical. For most visas, if you can't prove dependency then DIBP gives you the opportunity to remove him from your application. However if he fails the medical then all applicants fail.

Archived