457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hi all. So i thought i'd finally join the waiting game. See our timeline below.

Offer accepted 10/3/16

Nomination 23/3/16

Visa 24/3/16

Medical completed 27/3/16

Agent said 4-6 weeks. High risk country for main applicant, low risk for partner, occupation recruitment consultant, location Melbourne.

Not expecting anything until week 8 onwards considering previously shared timelines in the forum.

Nomination 23/3/16

Visa application 24/3/16

Medical completed 27/3/16

Nomination approval ?

Visa approval ?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm so many people are getting their visas accepted pretty quickly now !! they def dont access them as they come in ....

my timeline - nov 30th 2015 application and nomination lodged

jan 19th - nomination accepted and asked for more information

jan 20th - additional information sent

status - assessment in progress

tomorrow will be 4 months !!!!:(

hmmm so many people are getting their visas accepted pretty quickly now !! they def dont access them as they come in ....

Hi Ndonn 123,

Where are you applying from ?

Have you contacted your MA or DIBP ?

I am bit worried after reading your status.

Thanks.

I tried to speak to my Case Officer today...I couldn't get through before they closed. Friday is the 8 week mark for me. I sent some information as requested by my CO and was told by letter I would hear within 7 days...that was 12 days ago...but we have had Easter. I must add immigration have not done anything wrong, I'm impatient to start my new job (missing out on a trip to San Francisco this week) and I'm keen to get my kids settled, I think communication could be improved - It's a very mysterious process!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Has it actually been 'assessment in progress' for 4 months?

Mines been like that since 4th March although nomination approved 24th Nov and 457 lodged the same day.

I've just had a bridging visa B granted so at least I can get out of here for a few weeks but it's pretty limited and they've only given me a 3 week pass to return

I didn't think they took prisoners here anymore :-/

Yea it's very hard not knowing where the application's at. Feels like walking on blindfold. Everything is getting complicated for me because of that very long wait.

Yep. There's no reason I can see as to why they would decline my application but we have reached the point where we've had to start packing up and the kids have finished at their UK schools...nothing like cutting it fine. V.stressful.

I think you may be hearing from them real soon considering your from a low risk country

Thanks. I really do hope so! Good luck to you [emoji4] I don't know what I spent my time thinking about before I applied for an Australian Visa.

Offshore applied via MA early Dec 2015 nomination lodged the same time...2 months later in Feb MA told that the co says my nomination was lodged for the wrong subclass and not 457!!..the new nomination app was lodged 6weeks ago...it's now the 5th month due to start ever since I lodged my app!

I hope and pray that we all waiting out here and there get rewarded soooon with our visa grant approvals!

Hi All

I am new to this Blog I was reading notes by everyone. and looks like pretty every one is getting with in 2-3 months. But Mine case looks Horribly late. I do not know where to go from here. Following are details:

Visa Type: 457 Spouse VISA

Passport: Indian

Applied from: Australia

Documents submitted: 11 February 2016

Current Status: Waiting for CASE OFFICER to be Assigned.

Is it normal NOT TO HAVE CASE OFFICER for 7 WEEKS. what shall I do next. please advise

Hi All

I am new to this Blog I was reading notes by everyone. and looks like pretty every one is getting with in 2-3 months. But Mine case looks Horribly late. I do not know where to go from here. Following are details:

Visa Type: 457 Spouse VISA

Passport: Indian

Applied from: Australia

Documents submitted: 11 February 2016

Current Status: Waiting for CASE OFFICER to be Assigned.

Is it normal NOT TO HAVE CASE OFFICER for 7 WEEKS. what shall I do next. please advise

You sit and wait like everyone else. Quite normal, its only been 7 weeks.

You sit and wait like everyone else. Quite normal, its only been 7 weeks.

Hi Nemesis

Thank you for your response... is it normal 7 weeks of wait just to assign case officer ? can you please throw light on Average and maximum times you have seen in past for case officer allocation ?

I read it everywhere that whole process takes 3 months only and no CASE OFFICER for 2 months in my case :(

Any information will be highly appreciated.

Hi Nemesis

Thank you for your response... is it normal 7 weeks of wait just to assign case officer ? can you please throw light on Average and maximum times you have seen in past for case officer allocation ?

I read it everywhere that whole process takes 3 months only and no CASE OFFICER for 2 months in my case :(

Any information will be highly appreciated.

There is no maximum time, some take less than 3 months, many take more.

If you have supplied all the required paperwork you may not ever hear from your case officer until they grant the visa.

There is no maximum time, some take less than 3 months, many take more.

If you have supplied all the required paperwork you may not ever hear from your case officer until they grant the visa.

Thank you Nemesis... As per my knowledge and my MA, I have submitted all the documents required

one more question, may be stupid, as per your last note, does it mean that I MAY never get to know if CO as ever assigned.

yes i have - i emailed them and they replied about a week and a half later saying .... thanks for your email . you're application is still under consideration . unfortunately we can not give you a timeline for when it will be finalized . was a waste of time !!

Have you tried to follow up your application? You surely can ff up now as it passed the 3 month mark

yes i have - i emailed them and they replied about a week and a half later saying .... thanks for your email . you're application is still under consideration . unfortunately we can not give you a timeline for when it will be finalized . was a waste of time !!

Hi Ndonn 123,

Where are you applying from ?

Have you contacted your MA or DIBP ?

I am bit worried after reading your status.

Thanks.

im irish but im applying from new zealand . i sacked my MA as she screwed up my application haha waste of money !!!

yeah ive emailed them and rang them numerous times ...

Haven't heard about visa grant from long time.

What’s going on here guys.

I've been reading in the news that there is increased pressure on case officers to process high numbers of Safe Haven temporary visas in most states. Perhaps that is causing our skilled migration applications to be dealt with more slowly?

Archived