457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm new...

Nomination and Visa lodged - 22 January 2016

Nomination approved - 8 March 2016

Onshore in Melbourne through a MA for my Husband and myself. No requests for info or VISA yet.

Fingers crossed for this week!

Hey, I'm new...

Nomination and Visa lodged - 22 January 2016

Nomination approved - 8 March 2016

Onshore in Melbourne through a MA for my Husband and myself. No requests for info or VISA yet.

Fingers crossed for this week!

Visa Approval on 8 March 2016.

417 to 457 Visa processed onshore. UK to Melbourne. No Medicals, No Police Checks, No Health Insurance (Reciprocal Medicare cards)

Delighted, however it looks like the visa award/duration dates are incorrect though which we'll get sorted, the pressure is off!

Good Luck to everybody else

417 to 457 Visa processed onshore. UK to Melbourne. No Medicals, No Police Checks, No Health Insurance (Reciprocal Medicare cards)

Delighted, however it looks like the visa award/duration dates are incorrect though which we'll get sorted, the pressure is off!

Congrats buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulation Salty...!!!

Whilst you wait, try and make a list of things they need doing before the move and have a plan as to how you will achieve all that once the visa does come in. Cancelling things and shutting accounts is time consuming and at times requires notice.

Whilst you wait, try and make a list of things they need doing before the move and have a plan as to how you will achieve all that once the visa does come in. Cancelling things and shutting accounts is time consuming and at times requires notice.

Hi Melb2016,

That's a good suggestion who are coming to Aus.

I am already in Aus. Applying onshore.

BTW thanks for understanding.

how can you see if the nomination is approved? im currently in the process of a new 457 Visa and wanted to ask if anyone else has rang immigration directly even with a mirgration agent?

Visa Lodged 22 Feb 2016

You cannot see the nomination as that's your employer's application. You'd need to check with your employer regarding the status of the nomination. If you have a migration agent, all communication with DIBP should go through them.

Congrats Salty!

Does anyone here have school going kids? Heard we need to pay school fee while on 457 visa, is that true?

Nope. No school fees, although most require a contribution (payable by all) and at some schools we looked at this was slightly different depending on redidency status, if you go for a fee paying school we have found no difference in fees.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nope. No school fees, although most require a contribution (payable by all) and at some schools we looked at this was slightly different depending on redidency status, if you go for a fee paying school we have found no difference in fees.

Oh really? That is good. My friend said that we have to pay school fee since 2015 and NSW charges 5500 for each kid per year. BTW I have applied for NSW.

Oh really? That is good. My friend said that we have to pay school fee since 2015 and NSW charges 5500 for each kid per year. BTW I have applied for NSW.

I'm (hopefully) going to queensland and contributions were everything from about $1500 to $4000 for public school. We've opted for independent just because our eldest would have been due to start GCSE year but I have to say when I visited last month the standard was very high compared to what's available to us here in the UK.

Congrats Salty!

Does anyone here have school going kids? Heard we need to pay school fee while on 457 visa, is that true?

Hi! My husband are in Perth on a 457 visa. We have 2 boys that attend the local primary school and pay $4000 pa. (that's per family)I'm pretty sure this is standard on a 457 visa? Unless you are lucky enough to that your employer pays the bill x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived