How late to book flights to Australia!

Tom30

Hi,

Me and my friend are planning on going to Oz in April, last month I found flights for £480 from manchester to melbourne, however now the same flights have gone up to £520. How late can I leave the booking plus would there be any reliable sales happening in january or will all these be for later flights in summer?.

Thanks

Tom

When we were booking to come to Australia, the price was the same 6 months before as they were the day before flight. i think it's hit and miss really. Some people would like to get their flight booked up to be safe, others will leave it late and hope there are still seats.

Book when you get a price you're happy with. Risk of waiting is that you don't get the dates you want, the price goes up, or something else. Once you book, stop looking at prices. We planned to wait until January but got a great deal through etihad (phoned them and got much cheaper than site when they worked through route options) and knew it was about as good as we could get so booked. Flying in September

I would book now. The cost has gone up £40 already, which isn't a big deal but that is still an amazingly good price.

Hi,

Me and my friend are planning on going to Oz in April, last month I found flights for £480 from manchester to melbourne, however now the same flights have gone up to £520. How late can I leave the booking plus would there be any reliable sales happening in january or will all these be for later flights in summer?.

Thanks

Tom

No its a one way ticket its with emirates though which I have heard are a decent airline as well. With some more research i have found flights for £480ish seems like the seats are running out so may have to book soon then.

Tom

If you get a return you will have it in your pocket - you may be able to change dates or if your circumstances change you can get the tax portion of the fare refunded. Returns are always better value than one way and you never know when you may need it.

Archived