457 Sponsorship Needed - Accountant

Joachim

Hi

I've just found out that I can't apply for my skilled migration visa due to the fact that my skills will not be assessed because I don't have a relevant finance degree, instead I completed my ACCA exams as a mature student.

I'm in Brisbane on a tourist visa but really need to start working and my only option now is obtaining sponsorship

Could someone please advise what is the best way to go about doing this? Also has anyone any experience in obtaining successful sponsorship in Finance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The only way to approach this is to apply for job vacancies and hope you get a job offer from someone willing to sponsor you. Given the number of unemployed people who are already legally able to work in Australia, you may find yourself facing a challenge but it's not impossible. However keep in mind that if you're on a tourist visa, your supposed to be doing tourist activities not looking for a job. So you will be in breach of your visa conditions.

Accountancy is one of the most popular occupation in the skilled migration program, it has been for years - since 1 July over 2000 accountants have been invited just for 189 and 489 Fs visas, ie not including state nominated visas. At one point in time before skill select accountancy made up 40% of the yearly skilled migration visas.

There will be lots of accountants who already hold visas to work and do not require sponsorship, just bear that in mind while you are looking for work on a tourist visa.