189 Visa November Lodge Gang

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.. I have a question that maybe you can help me with. I will be migrating to Australia with my girlfriend (De facto). Is it necessary to arrive to Australia on the same date or can we travel on different dates?....any clues?

You can arrive separately if you wish as long as you both enter before the Last Entry Date. If there is no condition in your visa grant letter that requires the Primary applicant to enter first (there probably won't be but check just in case), it won't matter who enters first.

So... After form 80 ' s were requested last Tuesday and submitted late Friday. .. this morning I received notification that finally..... my visas had been granted!

Woohoo.

Latest date to enter is 21st November (1yr from our medicals) strangely not 23rd July (1 yr from my wife's PCC).

Anyway... After the elation of receiving our visas I now have he dreaded task of telling my mum. That isn't going to be easy :-/

So... After form 80 ' s were requested last Tuesday and submitted late Friday. .. this morning I received notification that finally..... my visas had been granted!

Woohoo.

Latest date to enter is 21st November (1yr from our medicals) strangely not 23rd July (1 yr from my wife's PCC).

Anyway... After the elation of receiving our visas I now have he dreaded task of telling my mum. That isn't going to be easy :-/

Great news!!! I hope that mine comes soon...

You can arrive separately if you wish as long as you both enter before the Last Entry Date. If there is no condition in your visa grant letter that requires the Primary applicant to enter first (there probably won't be but check just in case), it won't matter who enters first.

Thanks Ozmaniac for the quick reply! It was very helpful!

Applied on 14th Nov. CO contacted today asking PCC and Form 1399 Declaration of Service. Could anyone help me to find form 1399. I searched the site but such form is not available.

Easiest way is to Google it... form 1339 australian immigration. That's how I found form 80 and form 1023 after not being able to find them on the site myself.

I've seen mention of this form several times before and nobody has ever been able to find it anywhere online. You will have to email your CO and ask for it to be attached again or for a hard copy to be sent. Everyone I've come across previously has been sent a hard copy. It seems to be a form that a few people need to complete if they have had some kind of military service.

Hi Guys,

I've been a long time reader but this is my first time posting.

I want to contribute to this thread by posting my timeline as this has helped me a lot. I'm copying benthomas' format (hope you don't mind)

Do note that I had my girlfriend as my de facto partner in the application and that I front loaded everything.

189 visa - Accountant (65 points)IELTS W7, R9, S7, L8.5 15/10/2014: CPA Skills Assessment Approved 27/10/2014 EOI Submitted 27/10/2014, Invite Received 14/11/2014, Application Submitted ​14/11/2014 Medicals 14/01/2015 Visa Direct Grant 22/01/2015