Got my Australian passport today!

Aunt Agatha

[/b]I think for some people the answer to that question is probably 'yes!'

Maybe they envisage taking out Australian citizenship as being a bit like joining a cult, like the Moonees? So that once you've joined, you're never allowed to leave!

"You are now a citizen of the Commonwealth of Australia, you are sworn to renounce your past ties with the inferior country you came from, to always support Australia in sports, and to think and behave as we all do. If you ever try and leave us we will have no choice but to kill you...." :wink:

...not forgetting that you must call all fellow english people POMS and refer to England as "pommy land"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...not forgetting that you must call all fellow english people POMS and refer to England as "pommy land"

Or anyone who fails to appreciate the wonders that Australia brings to the exception of all others!

Well poms are poms and it is pommy land. Not sure why you needed to state the bleedin obvious??

Yes I tried to do the right thing and give blood. I went into the centre and said "I'd like to be a blood donnor!!!"

The lady replied me "Great!!!, Come in come in. Just need you to fill out these forms. ". After half an hour of completing forms I was faced with the terrible question "So, have you lived in the UK between 1980 and 1986".

"Errrrm, yes I replied".

"How, long were you there for ?" She asked".

"Errm, I kinda grew up there".

"Oh, sorry you're not eligable".

"RACIST!!!!!!!".

Edited by jasepom