Got my Australian passport today!

Aunt Agatha

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a bit off when you make a solemn vow at a ceremony to love your country and obey its laws etc and then hop on the first plane out.

It does seem wrong somehow, but if you don't see it as a moral issue I suppose it is fine.

:biglaugh: Only you could be affronted by this! Is it some kind of slight to Australia if people take out residency here and then go home? Does it portray Australia in some kind of unfavourable light? Is it a rejection of this great nation and all the values it upholds?

A posting masterclass!

[/b]

:biglaugh: Only you could be affronted by this! Is it some kind of slight to Australia if people take out residency here and then go home? Does it portray Australia in some kind of unfavourable light? Is it a rejection of this great nation and all the values it upholds?

A posting masterclass!

I'm not going to feed the troll.

Poms Go home?

You thinking of going home as well Stephen?. Fair do's. You've shown some intestinal fortitude sticking it out this long, none of us would blame you for doing the 'Pommy Run.'

[/b]

You thinking of going home as well Stephen?. Fair do's. You've shown some intestinal fortitude sticking it out this long, none of us would blame you for doing the 'Pommy Run.'

Nah I'm fine. Equine pursuits in the rain don't appeal I'm sorry

Does it have to affect me to give an opinion.

You are not shy in giving your opinion to Jase and others in various threads.

Posting in a thread invites opinions.

But to answer your question, I don't like it because so many people would so love to be citizens, commit to the country and live here forever, that it seems wrong when people play the system, get the citizenship but don't want to live here.

Yeah, I can think of a few thousand currently detained persons who would jump at the chance.

[/b]

A posting masterclass!

Next he'll be telling us to ensure we fly home via Qantas, to support an Australian airline...

it could be argued that you are the troll in this thread

Any chance of you growing up? My 15 year old daughter has more maturity than your good self

Next he'll be telling us to ensure we fly home via Qantas, to support an Australian airline...

:biglaugh:....after having first signed a legally-binding waver to never, under any circumstances, say, or even think anything remotely critical about this grate country after having the temerity to leave it?

[/b]:biglaugh:....after having first signed a legally-binding waver to never, under any circumstances, say, or even think anything remotely critical about this grate country after having the temerity to leave it?

Sensible criticism is welcomed by everybody. See what I did there?