Can I do MBA as 2nd Degree? If I want to Apply for PR in future in Australia.

Hisham Khan

I had done Bacholers in Electrical Engg. Then I came to Australia, and now just completing my 1st one year M.Engg (Electrical Engg.) degree from University of Western Sydney (Australia). Now according to immigration rules, I have to do one more 1 year degree to complete 92 weeks of study, to be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency in future. Now I am confused, that Can I do MBA as my 2nd degree to complete 92 weeks of study? Or should I have to complete 2nd degree relating to my 1st M.Engg degree?

As I am confirmed that I can apply for Engineering Management degree or any other Masters in Engineering degree which will lead me further for PR, but the fee of these degrees are too high. So i want to apply for any degree with normal fee, like MBA. But not confirmed that in which course should I apply further.

Please help me. And I someone gone from same situation, please let me know.

Thank You.

I would think an MBA is the more expensive option though. that said, i did do a combined electronic engineering/MBA program that added up to 2 years and it counted for the 2yr study requirement.

Maybe someone else with a more current view might shed some more light on this... or to be safe, just do a related degree.

I had done Bacholers in Electrical Engg. Then I came to Australia, and now just completing my 1st one year M.Engg (Electrical Engg.) degree from University of Western Sydney (Australia). Now according to immigration rules, I have to do one more 1 year degree to complete 92 weeks of study, to be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency in future. Now I am confused, that Can I do MBA as my 2nd degree to complete 92 weeks of study? Or should I have to complete 2nd degree relating to my 1st M.Engg degree?

As I am confirmed that I can apply for Engineering Management degree or any other Masters in Engineering degree which will lead me further for PR, but the fee of these degrees are too high. So i want to apply for any degree with normal fee, like MBA. But not confirmed that in which course should I apply further.

Please help me. And I someone gone from same situation, please let me know.

Thank You.

You are playing with fire.

Read this:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/FCCA/2014/2208.html

May I suggest that you take professional advice from a registered migration agent, not an 'education agent' or members of a public forum?

• 2 weeks later...
You are playing with fire.

Read this:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/FCCA/2014/2208.html

May I suggest that you take professional advice from a registered migration agent, not an 'education agent' or members of a public forum?

Thank You russell for you valuable reply, I read all the details in the link you send to me, As i saw that you are a registered migration agent, so just want to ask that as the person done Diploma and which also doesn't related to his field (Civil Engineering). While in my case I done my first 1 year Masters in Electrical Engineering from Australia, which is related to my field. And want to do another Masters in the field like, MBA in marketing (As any Engineer got the best pay as a Sales Engineer) or MBA in Project Management (As the highest post for an Engineer in his career is as a Project Manager) or MBA in Operational Management (As in every big company they always has an Engineer as a Operation Manager), Will the MBA in any of this field benefits me for PR or not? Because an Engineer have to do MBA in any part for his career to excel in much better job opportunities. If MBA is not a good course for me to do at this time to further apply for PR, can you please suggest me any better course which will not effect me while applying for PR in Australia. As you yourself is an migration agent, so you can suggest me better for this situation. Please help.

Thank You.

Thank You russell for you valuable reply, I read all the details in the link you send to me, As i saw that you are a registered migration agent, so just want to ask that as the person done Diploma and which also doesn't related to his field (Civil Engineering). While in my case I done my first 1 year Masters in Electrical Engineering from Australia, which is related to my field. And want to do another Masters in the field like, MBA in marketing (As any Engineer got the best pay as a Sales Engineer) or MBA in Project Management (As the highest post for an Engineer in his career is as a Project Manager) or MBA in Operational Management (As in every big company they always has an Engineer as a Operation Manager), Will the MBA in any of this field benefits me for PR or not? Because an Engineer have to do MBA in any part for his career to excel in much better job opportunities. If MBA is not a good course for me to do at this time to further apply for PR, can you please suggest me any better course which will not effect me while applying for PR in Australia. As you yourself is an migration agent, so you can suggest me better for this situation. Please help.

Thank You.

I strongly agree with wrussell, that you are playing with fire.

This is a huge decision which will affect your future prospects. You are also looking at spending tens of thousands of dollars on your next course.

You should obtained professional and most importantly, unbiased advice on your next move. You should be careful obtaining advice from someone where the size of their referral commission will depend on what course they enroll you for.

Archived