British TV!!

Ja55ren

Have been keeping up with bake off using a VPN service and streaming from I player via the laptop to the TV. We do have unlimited broadband here though!

there are a few services some free some not. The VPN cost less than $100 US per year and we are happy with it.

Basically just oust a proxy server so it thinks you are in the UK and so I player etc will work.

Thanks for the posts but we r really struggling with our internet. We are on the nbn and there's loads of issues which we r tackling with Telstra. Spent days setting up my music player and had to configure the router myself!!!! I plan to tackle the smart TV next!! Thinking of Foxtel after a few local expats have recommended it. Will look at this option as well once Telstra get their act together!!

The best thing on Australian tv is any programe made by the BBC..

Sadly now that Foxtel has the bbc programmes on contract we won't see too many bbc programmes on free to air any more.

move on and get into Aussy telly..you are living the NOW not the PAST. And you are breaking the law by using proxies and such.......

Oh rubbish, we are all allowed to have varied personal tastes.

I have been here many years and I still think Aussie tv is rubbish, hence the reason I watch British shows. Nothing wrong with that and nothing to do with living in the past.

Hey, I watch American shows too. Is that ok? :laugh:

Sadly now that Foxtel has the bbc programmes on contract we won't see too many bbc programmes on free to air any more.

Get a good vpn blocker and you can watch any UK TV channel, if you like sky sports take a look at cricfree tv, you don't need a vpn blocker. I use it all the time and find it excellent

Get a good vpn blocker and you can watch any UK TV channel, if you like sky sports take a look at cricfree tv, you don't need a vpn blocker. I use it all the time and find it excellent
Yes i already use a blocker and have done for some years now. Aussie tv is rubbish.

OK, I need a VPN.

Just heard about a show on Iplayer, Hip Hop Mastermind. John Humphries firing questions at Lethal Bizzle, DJ Target and Semtex.

Bizzle had Humphries fist pumping and going 'woop woop'. Only in the big UK. Im livid I didn't get to see this.

Apparently Semtex won by the way

OK, I need a VPN.

Just heard about a show on Iplayer, Hip Hop Mastermind. John Humphries firing questions at Lethal Bizzle, DJ Target and Semtex.

Bizzle had Humphries fist pumping and going 'woop woop'. Only in the big UK. Im livid I didn't get to see this.

Apparently Semtex won by the way

Good news is that it's on i player for a while.. You won't miss out

Sorry to jump on this thread,

We've just downloaded the Hola VPN. I noticed it's only free till end Sept, then $4.99 a month.

We're moving in the next couple of weeks and we can only get ADSL, question is does it work ok with ADSL ?

Thanks

We use stream via costs about the same as Hola i think. We have ADSL and watch all the programmes we want from bbc,itv etc without too much bother.

Thanks for those suggestions I will have a look into both of them, I like the idea of a free trial.

We only downloaded Hola last night and after a little trouble connecting it was fine, only realised afterwards we wouldn't have broadband soon.

Probably best to wait till we move to try them out I guess. Strictly will just have to wait for a while !

Australian free to Air TV is truely awful. No two ways about it. Thankfully the ABC and SBS have some good content but 7,9,10 and the rest are in the most part unwatchable vapid pap (My opinion) with very poorly regulated advertising standards.

Yes I use a VPN occasionally and buy Blu ray / dvd box sets from reasonably priced Amazon.com

:-)

It's a funny old world......I sit in the UK devouring Aussie shows (Border Security, Secrets & Lies, and about to get The Code on Saturday), while the H2B in Oz watches all the Pommie shows (well, not all, mainly detective stuff!).......

Archived