Hello!!

MarcandKate

Hi there,

We are planning on moving to Australia, probably starting the process later this year or next year. There will be me going, my partner and a dog (3 year old greyhound x deerhound). I am 29 year old ICT Technician and my partner is a 26 year old kennel assistant. To start with we are just wanting peoples opinions and testimonials on different migration agencies and any sort of rough price that you've paid for their services and also the same for any pet travel companies that people have used.

Will post again when we remember some of the 101 questions we need answering.

BTW we will be hopefully be applying for a 189/190

Marc and Katie

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There are a number of agents that are regularly highly recommended on here and also help on here. Two that come to mind are @wrussel and Go Matilda.

You would be looking at a fee of about $2k assuming there are no serious complicating factors.

Both will do an initial assessment of your options for free.

Bringing dogs isn't cheap and the process needs to be started early as it takes a long time. Pet air are the most recommended on here and in the years I have been on here I haven't heard anyone say anything bad. Always report how wonderful they are. Bob, who runs it has incredible knowledge and genuinely cares for dogs. You would be looking at $2-3k. It will vary a bit depending on which state you move to as there are no quarantine facilities in all states, so a further flight might be needed.

• 2 months later...

Computer Network and Systems engineer is on the SOL. Don't be put off as an ICT Technician can very easily fit this skill title. I did it and achieved my 189 Visa.

Do your research and adapt your CV accordingly. Of course your work history will need to prove you had Network and Systems responsibility too.

I am an employer in the IT Industry in Darwin (well actually Palmerston).

I have also sponsored several UK IT Technicians and Engineers under the "Computer Network and Systems Engineer"

For those in my industry (including IT Technicians, IT Engineers, Sales & Marketing related to IT or B2B Technology Services and Admin or Administration in relation to IT), I am more than happy to receive applications to jobs@ategra.com.au

I'm also happy to accept genuine connect requests on LinkedIn at http://au.linkedin.com/in/territorian

I may also be able to answer some questions about the NT.

Qualified, Experienced staff with EXCELLENT English and communications skills are in high demand and the NT is a great place and growing, so has excellent opportunities.

Hi there,

We are planning on moving to Australia,

Do you have any area in mind? For the maximum work opportunities in IT, Melbourne or Sydney would be the pick. There is an IT industry in Perth and Brisbane too, but it is smaller.

Everywhere else will be a struggle to find work.

BB

Yes Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane are the biggest cities and have the most IT workers.

BUT they also have the most unemployed IT workers and the greatest competition for jobs.

Depending on your IT Skillset, you may have far greater opportunities work wise in the Regional Areas or smaller cities, your lifestyle may also be better (that depends what you like though of course).

Archived