Are we finally seeing a positive movement in companies offering 457 Visa Sponsorship?

It would be great to get other's thoughts on this. No plugging, and I have been a recruiter since 2005 doing the 457 option, and believe me when I say the last 3 years haven't been a great time for us International Recruiters, finally some of my old clients are once again asking for candidates (albeit a trickle)

Are we seeing the fabled 'green shoots' in Australia as well?

Best

Richard

According to the State & Territory migration summary which was published last month, here were 75,938 Temporary Work (Skilled) subclass 457 visa grants in the first three quarters of 2013-14; a 20.9 per cent decrease compared to the same period in the previous financial year. Don't know if there's been an upturn in visa grants in the last quarter, be interesting to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Came very close to a 457 sponsorship job last month, if it wasn't for the current manager having a change of heart and deciding to stay..... i would of been there now :(

And this offer was after only sending out my 11th CV...

Since then i have had some interest, and I'm not giving up!

Is there any reason why you are going down the 457 route rather than skilled migration?

Came very close to a 457 sponsorship job last month, if it wasn't for the current manager having a change of heart and deciding to stay..... i would of been there now :(

And this offer was after only sending out my 11th CV...

Since then i have had some interest, and I'm not giving up!

Is there any reason why you are going down the 457 route rather than skilled migration?

Even though I've done my job (production manager) for 19 years, I don't hold any qualifications.

That's the reason why I've been just sending my CV's to as many companies as possible.

Hi Richard,

I have been living in Australia for four years working in a various sales roles whilst studying business and sales. My course is due to finish this Novemeber and I am looking for a sponsored job to further my stay here in Australia. If you have any information on the best way to find a job or have any opportunities yourself i would be very interested to hear from you.

Look forward to hearing a response.

Kind Regards

Archived