Onshore Partner Visa 820/801 - Accepted

keano1000

Guest Guest226914
HI THERE

all i wanted to know was the processing time for those who have applied and those who have been accepted. Thats it

I did not mention I was packing in my job, I did not mention I wanted to be on a bridging visa.

Thanks for all yer help. Bye

mine took 14 months and I applied march 2013

Guest Guest226914

I think it's good agents are posting on here. They are taking time out to post and give people advice and at least point them in the right direction. You agents are doing a good job and I'm sure most people on here appreciate it. Please don't let a couple of people put you off doing a good thing.

I just don't understand why people like Quinkla feel the need to give such advice if they're not sure of it's accuracy. I will no doubt get accused again of having an agenda here, but thousands of people get their visas rejected every year because they did not understand the regulations. They can lose thousands and have their dreams shattered. I'm quite happy to say forums are a great place for general guidance but people need to realise that if they start talking about specific legal matters and are wrong it can have consequences if people followed it.

I've seen plenty of these cases first hand, I've also heard agents speaking about the same topic. People have blindly followed information from forums and people have got rejected because of that. People can hide behind any of the 'it was only guidance, the poster should have checked themselves, the forum has a disclaimer, this is a think tank' type arguments, but I question why someone would willingly contribute to the general confusion and rejection rate?

If you know the answer and can help, then help. If you don't know the answer, just don't post! Why would you guess at it? Even worse in this case, Quinkla guessed at an answer for a question the OP didn't even ask.....I really don't know why you do it.

lastonealive - You can play at being coy if you want, but saying "......Or would it be bad for business if it were that simple" is a clear insinuation that I have an interest in making the process sound difficult or withholding information about the form you mentioned. I'm not a fool and neither are the majority of people on this forum. I don't understand why you felt the need to make such a comment without being sure that the process really was "that simple". As Ramot and CG have rightly pointed out, there's far more to it than that.

I think I've said enough on the matter now.

Are you sure about being illegally here while bridging visa E is applied for? Will get my daughter to check with her agent, and confirm.

I am definitely not an agent, so always good to corroborate information you read elsewhere, but I've read this particular info multiple places from more than one agent, so I believe it to be correct.

Edited by CollegeGirl

I have no issue with agents joining the discussion, but to try and dissuade posters who aren't agents not to post isn't good for the forum. I got all the advice I needed to get my application accepted from this forum and all the useful responses I had were from non agents.

If there was nobody but agents posting their opinion on threads then people would think it is this really difficult process and maybe be put off by the costs of agents. I personally would have been out of pocket unnecessarily, if I was scared into using an agent.

I am definitely not an agent, so always good to corroborate information you read elsewhere, but I've read this particular info multiple places from more than one agent, so I believe it to be correct.

Fingers crossed her agent was on the ball, and as her 457 took forever to be cancelled, can only hope the E visa was instantly in place if that is possible.

I only know she went seemlessly onto the E visa with no obvious break.

I have no issue with agents joining the discussion, but to try and dissuade posters who aren't agents not to post isn't good for the forum. I got all the advice I needed to get my application accepted from this forum and all the useful responses I had were from non agents.

If there was nobody but agents posting their opinion on threads then people would think it is this really difficult process and maybe be put off by the costs of agents. I personally would have been out of pocket unnecessarily, if I was scared into using an agent.

If you re-read Adam's posts, he cautions against giving advice if you aren't sure of your facts. He doesn't say people shouldn't post. There are many many times I've posted but have added a comment that I'm not 100% of the situation, or made sure to mention that it was based on what I'd read on the DIBP website. I'm not an agent, and even I have frequently corrected information given by other posters.

I've lost track of how many times I've read posts from non-agents and agents alike cautioning people against a Bridging Visa E, so I see no issue in correcting someone who suggests you simply "rock up to DIBP and ask for a Bridging Visa E to tide you over" on an application that could take over a year to be processed.

:mask: OK, how about we get this back on topic now please. I think the OP has had their original questions answered and was probably not expecting all that has followed.

If anyone can help shed any light on their wait time for the on shore partner visa it would be good.

OP, I've read on here some, not many getting them inside of 6 months, others waiting 13 months or so. IIRC the wait time given is about 13 months but it can and does seem to vary.

14 months??? oh my god. And that was just for the 820?? I hope to god, I am not waiting that long.

It's very much how long is a piece of string...

I got mine very quickly while others had been waiting ages and the DIAC advised 13 months. The waiting time counts towards your 801 application however, so it's not all bad news.

Fingers crossed her agent was on the ball, and as her 457 took forever to be cancelled, can only hope the E visa was instantly in place if that is possible.

I only know she went seemlessly onto the E visa with no obvious break.

Unfortunately I don't think that's possible. The visa has to be cancelled before the BVE can be applied for, so even if it's 30 seconds between one and the other, my understanding is that still counts and the time spent in the country prior no longer counts toward citizenship.

Guest Guest226914
14 months??? oh my god. And that was just for the 820?? I hope to god, I am not waiting that long.

maybe you will get lucky and get it sooner. Mine was a pretty straightforward application. I'm British, had been in a defacto relationship for 6 years plus a house together meant some strong evidence and the application was complete. I went straight to 801 but that didn't affect the time to process it. Hopefully you will get yours quickly.

• 1 month later...

I applied for the 820 in Melbourne at the end of June 2013, so I'm currently sitting at just over 13 months, and still waiting. I was told when I applied that it would be between 13 and 18 months. It seems like processing times might be different based on which state you apply in?

It's frustrating, because we traveled abroad last October, so I had to apply for a bridging visa B, and we're traveling again in four weeks, so I have to apply for a second one! That's an extra $280 on top of the de facto application fee.

:wacko: