How does my 21 year old manage to emmigrate to aus now that we are finaly going?

hawkmoon1704

For what it's worth I personally arranged the 457 visa's for a couple of business grads who had spent five months on WHV's working at entry level positions in the finance team I was leading who I felt were worth keeping in the team.

Both of them are now in the process of applying for PR now that they have gained the necessary experience so WHV's can and do lead to PR in some cases.

When I first posted this question I kinda thought there would be loads of replies giving many options. I didnt think there would be so much negative advice. Thak you for all the replies not just for me but for all the other folks that come by too with the same/similar problem because there will be many. @Adam Grey thank you for pointing out the flaws in that particular post and giving us hope. As I said, we are cool that he isnt on our visa, because he didnt originally want to come yet we still went ahead with our visas (obviously we were resigned to us all being apart and were cool with it or we wouldnt have applied!?!) Now he has changed his mind and is asking for our help and guidance in getting a visa in the future. That is why I came here to you guys because good or bad, positive or not, I know you all have something to add and all without an agenda.

Thanks again to you all, perhaps when people like me drift by asking for advice you could just be negative in a more positive way haha! Ever the optimist, thats me :0)

So I'm guessing we advise him to go WHV and look for work that could provide him sponsorship (457?) and PR? Or can you simplify it for us so we have some kind of objectives.

Cheers :0)

When I first posted this question I kinda thought there would be loads of replies giving many options. I didnt think there would be so much negative advice. Thak you for all the replies not just for me but for all the other folks that come by too with the same/similar problem because there will be many. @Adam Grey thank you for pointing out the flaws in that particular post and giving us hope. As I said, we are cool that he isnt on our visa, because he didnt originally want to come yet we still went ahead with our visas (obviously we were resigned to us all being apart and were cool with it or we wouldnt have applied!?!) Now he has changed his mind and is asking for our help and guidance in getting a visa in the future. That is why I came here to you guys because good or bad, positive or not, I know you all have something to add and all without an agenda.

Thanks again to you all, perhaps when people like me drift by asking for advice you could just be negative in a more positive way haha! Ever the optimist, thats me :0)

So I'm guessing we advise him to go WHV and look for work that could provide him sponsorship (457?) and PR? Or can you simplify it for us so we have some kind of objectives.

Cheers :0)

I will summarise as the thread has gone somewhat off track.

· The fact that he was not included on your PR application is irrelevant at this point;

· It is difficult to advise a visa strategy with such little information, although him applying for PR on his own, at this point is probably unlikely;

· As he is under the age of 30 he can apply for a working holiday visa (subclass 417). This is a simple application which he can most likely do himself;

· This visa allows him to stay for 12 months. He has work rights but can only work for each employer for 6 months;

· It can be more difficult to find professional employment on a working holiday visa, although, as with Adam’s comments, it is not limited to bar work. I have personally seen many applicants obtain professional position and it will depend on the individual and their qualifications;

· While here on a working holiday visa, if he does 3 month of eligible farm work, he can apply for a further 12 month working holiday visa;

· The working holiday visa will give him an opportunity to:

a) spend time with you;

b) see if he even likes Australia;

c) look at options for a more lengthy and stable visa.

Did you take professional advice about this?
we was with a registered migrant throughout the whole application whom said we could appeal the decision but was very unlikely that they would change the decision and advised us against it .

that is weird, My sister got her PR under my parents and she was a full time student overseas (in America and has not lived with them for 6 years)... the criteria i believe is being a full time student and financially dependent on the main applicant... is it too late to have this decision re-evaluated? just wondering.

The thing is our daughter wasn't financially dependant on us .She took out a student loan and had a weekend job .In hindsight we do wish we had appealed but after all the trouble we had getting our visas and the advice from our agent that we would be paying more money out for no chance of getting the decision changed for my daughter we felt lucky to have got what we had .our visa was granted december 2011 so guessing its to late now to get it re evaluated

Hi Beddy

My daughter was 20 and at University and was awarded her PR visa as my dependent. I had to prove that we were supporting her financially over and above her student loans and the visa was awarded. She too didn't live at home.

Do you have any recourse to appeal that decision, especially if you are still supporting her through college?

That was the problem in our case we couldnt prove we were financially supporting her over and above her student loans .because we wasnt .She took out a loan to cover the cost of her degree course and for accomodation and living expenses .So glad it worked out for you .

I will summarise

· The fact that he was not included on your PR application is irrelevant at this point;

· It is difficult to advise a visa strategy with such little information, although him applying for PR on his own, at this point is probably unlikely;

· As he is under the age of 30 he can apply for a working holiday visa (subclass 417). This is a simple application which he can most likely do himself;

· This visa allows him to stay for 12 months. He has work rights but can only work for each employer for 6 months;

· It can be more difficult to find professional employment on a working holiday visa, although, as with Adam’s comments, it is not limited to bar work. I have personally seen many applicants obtain professional position and it will depend on the individual and their qualifications;

· While here on a working holiday visa, if he does 3 month of eligible farm work, he can apply for a further 12 month working holiday visa;

· The working holiday visa will give him an opportunity to:

a) spend time with you;

b) see if he even likes Australia;

c) look at options for a more lengthy and stable visa.

Thak you for this, it has given us all more direction. So just to let you all know, he's going to carry on in the UK until we leave (got until 4th may 2015) then once weve got somewhere solid to stay he will then decide if he wants to come over right away or at a later date depending on the job he is doing at the time, ie McDonalds or something more corporate haha. Thats the time we will need to be using the advice you guys have generously given.

Thanks.

That was the problem in our case we couldnt prove we were financially supporting her over and above her student loans .because we wasnt .She took out a loan to cover the cost of her degree course and for accomodation and living expenses .So glad it worked out for you .

If she had quit the course and had moved in with you for a time and had no job she would have satisfied the applicable criteria. Dependency is a time of decision criterion.

If she had quit the course and had moved in with you for a time and had no job she would have satisfied the applicable criteria. Dependency is a time of decision criterion.
She would never have quit her course nor would we have encouraged it . however if we knew what we know now she could have maybe quit her accommodation and commuted to Uni and quit her part time job then she would have been dependant on us . Unfortunately it's too late for us but maybe others whom are undergoing visa application and their child is going to university can learn from our mistake . We just never realised the implication of student loans and student accommodation with regards to dependency . On a positive note she gained a 1st in her primary education degree and got her first teaching post at an outstanding school and is fulfilling her own dream. Hopefully one day she may be able to apply for her own skilled migrant visa when she's got more experience under her belt.

Not sure where you are headed in Australia but this was posted by an agent Tee on poms in Adelaide recently. I haven't read it all but he was doing a degree that I think would be relevant. Only in SA I think.

State Sponsorship - new option "Chain Migration"

Nomination pathway expanded for South Australia

Immigration South Australia introduced a new nomination pathway, chain migration*, which allows applicants with an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia to apply for a state nominated visa.

Chain migration enables applicants to access occupations on the South Australian Graduate List and occupations listed as special conditions apply.

Requirements

To qualify for the chain migration pathway, applicants must:

• Have completed a Bachelor degree or higher

• Meet all DIBP criteria and Immigration South Australia criteria

• Have 60 points on the DIBP points test.

To qualify for the chain migration pathway, the family member in South Australia must:

• Be the applicant’s grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, brother or sister. Applicants can still apply if it’s a step or adoptive parent/sibling.

• Be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen

• Have resided in South Australia for the past twelve months.

For full details of the chain migration criteria, view the eligibility requirements section on our website.

*Quotas apply. Once reached, no further applications for chain migration will be accepted for the 2014/15 program year.

- See more at: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/42738-state-sponsorship-new-option-chain-migration.html#sthash.dC7CkMr7.dpuf

Archived