• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much!!!!

We are not planning on leaving in a rush so I guess we can wait until asked :)

I have checked the documents to upload (found them) and they are asking for documents (like proof of English for my children) which cannot really be provided..... Is it standard or shall I investigate further? They are also asking about my skills although my husband is the main applicant..... Confused!!!!!

This is what I have experienced. Firstly, talking about myself, I have lived in Australia for almost 4 years in order to pursue my Masters Degree. Recently, I came back home (India) as my Temporary Visa was ceasing. Soon after coming home I received invitation to apply for 189 Visa on 25/05/2014. I applied for the Visa on 07/06/2014. I haven't heard from the Case Officer yet.

Secondly, on the other hand, I have friends in Australia who have received invitation on the same date as me who have lodged their Visa Applications by the end of May, and have been already granted the Visa. They had been allocated Case Officer within a week after applying. They also did not front load any of the documents.

Hence, from this, I have found that Offshore Visa Applications takes more time than Onshore Applications. From what I have read in the other Forums till now, people applying offshore have received grants within 2-3 months. Therefore, at this stage, June applicants are going through the normal assessment process I guess. Moreover, being in a High-Risk or Low-Risk country is also going to impact on the time taken to assess the Application and receiving the Grant.

Thank you very much!!!!

We are not planning on leaving in a rush so I guess we can wait until asked :)

I have checked the documents to upload (found them) and they are asking for documents (like proof of English for my children) which cannot really be provided..... Is it standard or shall I investigate further? They are also asking about my skills although my husband is the main applicant..... Confused!!!!!

Don't panic! It's standard. If you look it does say that not all evidence will be appropriate for you.

I assume I haven't got a case officer yet as have had no contact. I uploaded the PCC today and I'm waiting for the medicals to be uploaded. I plan on uploading the last part of evidence (work experience) early next week. Once that's done I am hoping to get a direct grant :)

How do you know when the medicals have been uploaded? Does it change the status in your immiaccount to 'received'??

Lodged my visa on Wed 25th and have booked medical for next week. Here's hoping ;)

Re: the statuses changing to 'received' mines also did this for the docs I uploaded on day of submission. I also had the app change part-way through that day to then request medical stuff (which, I suspect, is automated).

IELTS 15/2/14 L 8, R 8, W 8.5, S 8 Skill Assessment sent 19/3/14, acknowledged 19/3/14. POSITIVE 13/5/14! .

EOI for 189 visa submitted:14/5/14, invite to apply:26/5/14. Lodged:11/6/14 (PCC Front Loaded) Medicals:21/6/14.

Still no case officer alloted. I am working in Dubai and lodged application from Dubai. Anyone lodged application from dubai and got the case officer alloted

Hi Shelly,

We both applied with a gap of only 3 days and also medicals on the same date. Please let me know whether your medical status is changed to received. How many points you are claiming

Hi Abdul,

Just checked and my medical status still states 'recommended'. The panel Dr told us it would take up to 2 weeks for our medicals to be uploaded electronically so hopefully they'll be there within another week. I was under the impression that if it changes to 'received' then it means the medicals have been uploaded?? Is this not your understanding then? From what I've read if all evidence is front-loaded you may not know that a case officer has been allocated until you receive your actual decision, whereas if you don't front load you'll receive an email requesting evidence be uploaded along with PCCs and medicals within 28 days and this email is indicative of having a case officer. I'd be happy with a direct grant :)

We have applied with 60 points, although I'm not sure the number of points an applicant has makes any difference after you've been invited to apply. I wonder if it makes any difference what country you apply from???

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress x

So is it true that you only have 28 days to upload all your required documents including medicals and pcc from the movement you get allocated a co???

We are going away for 6 weeks at the end of July and have not booked the medicals yet....should we?

So is it true that you only have 28 days to upload all your required documents including medicals and pcc from the movement you get allocated a co???

We are going away for 6 weeks at the end of July and have not booked the medicals yet....should we?

I understand you are able to ask the case officer for the 28 days be extended. Will you have access to your emails whilst away? Personally I think I'd rather get it done before I went (I'm a worrier!) but I doubt it's necessary.

Hi Shelley,

You can log in to eMedicals with your HAP ID, name, and DOB, then click "Print Information Sheet" to check if your medical results have been submitted to the DIBP.

https://www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMedUI/eMedicalClient

Usually, X-ray and medical examination are marked completed on the day, but HIV blood test takes longer. My husband got his done on 18/06 and the results were submitted to DIBP on 23/06. We then attached the eMedical information sheet under Evidence of Health. The "Organise your health examination" link also disappeared and was replaced with "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection."

If you login on emedical client website https://www.emedical.immi.gov.au/eMedUI/eMedicalClient using your HAP ID it shows you as submitted to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). But if you login to skillselect website it will still show you as recommended.So one of the migration consultant told me that once the case officer is assigned it will change the status to received and also he will send an email.

Our document statuses have all shown "received", within 12-24 hours of us submitting any document. However, we have not been contacted by a case officer, and we do not believe that we have been assigned one. "Organise your health examination" should show underneath the Attachment check list for each applicant, IF your medical results have not been submitted to DIBP.

Even for me it is showing "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection."

But status is still recommended and not received

Then it means your medical results have been sent to DIBP. I would not place too much importance on the "recommended" and "received" statuses. They are automatic and not an indication of case officer allocation. As far as eVisa is concerned, you have not uploaded any Evidence of Health document directly to eVisa. If you want, you can attach the eMedical Information Sheet pdf generated from eMedical to your visa application, under Evidence of Health > Other. This is what we did for the sake of completeness, but I do not think it is necessary.

Hello everybody!!!

Finally it feels like we are moving..... No CO yet but we have medicals booked, pcc done, my ielts booked and all other documents uploaded....

Quick question..... Does anybody know how much is the second instalment? When do we have to pay for it? Do we all have to pay for it?

Thanks

I think the IELTS has to be done before you lodge the visa application. At least thats how it was for me. I had to fill out the part with my Ielts results before I paid the lodgement fee. I dont know what you would write for that part of the application form if you have not done the IELTS exam yet. I think you should definitely find out more about this.

The second installment is for secondary applicants who cant prove they have functional english. ie at least 4.5 in all sections of IELTS. Or if you have studied through English for a number of years. If you have at least 4.5 then you dont need to pay the second installment. The primary applicant I believe needs at least 6.0 in IELTS depending on Nationality, nominated profession etc.

Good luck

Thanks Gaz!

my husband is the main applicant and he is British so he does not the take the ielts test.... but I do as I am not an English speaker. I did not know I had to prove I spoke functional English until after we lodged the application, so I have booked a ielts for myself in order not to pay the second instalment!

Pretty sure it will be 4.5 or more (that's what I need ;)