Help!! Divorcing 175 visa holder

nicolas

I don't think you're correct.

More, as far as I know you have to inform immigration regarding this change, otherwise you could even lose your visa.

I am not familiar with 175, but above rules applies to 189 and 190.

Thank you all for replies.

Technically, if i don't mind to make my visa invalid, is it at the same time make her visa invalid as well? I just want to know is there any ways.

Personally i would forget about it and move on and start a new chapter in your life.There is enough misery and conflict in the world today without adding to it.

You would happily give up your own visa and therefore life in Australia just to upset your ex?

As someone who's just gone through a break up with a long term partner (luckily I have pr already), I would recommend just letting go and moving on. I had to leave singapore a a result of our break up and the whole thing has cost me tens of thousands, but I can't be bothered to let the anger take over my life. Instead I'm planning for the future and throwing myself into new hobbies. Don't let your ex give you any more misery.

I didn't add , anything to the visa process , but my hubby wouldn't do that to me , if we ever split . Just move on pull a bird and live ya life .

You out may be angry and upset with her at the minute , but I don't think punishment is the right way , do or would you want her back? If you do it's not a very clever way to go about things , or maybe ya don't , I don't know but punishing people isn't the right way IMO . Good luck though .

Your only possibility is to prove that the visa was lodged fraudulently, but you would need proof of this and it would place your own visa in jeopardy. Your wife has permanent residency in her own right and this can't be cancelled by you. Ice heard of cases where couples have split days after being granted a permanent partner visa, and the dept of immigration aren't interested unless there is proof the visa application was fraudulent. Just having a feeling that your partner has been cheating isn't enough proof. I know it feels really rough for you, but you just need to let this one go.

Your only possibility is to prove that the visa was lodged fraudulently, but you would need proof of this and it would place your own visa in jeopardy. Your wife has permanent residency in her own right and this can't be cancelled by you. Ice heard of cases where couples have split days after being granted a permanent partner visa, and the dept of immigration aren't interested unless there is proof the visa application was fraudulent. Just having a feeling that your partner has been cheating isn't enough proof. I know it feels really rough for you, but you just need to let this one go.

thank you cez, just want to clearify and make sure...once I can prove the visa application was lodged fraudulently, not only me, she would lose the visa as well. and that is the only way I can get her lose her PR visa. is that correct?

the thing is she wanted to come to australia very much, while I don't quite want to. Although I like this country a lot, I don't mind if I need to go back to my country. there is not too many points to be here without this marriage.

Nicolas there is nothing to be gained by going down the route of trying to say you fraudulently applied for a visa in fact could be the exact opposite. Fraud is a criminal offence here and there could be harsh penalties. Let go and try to move on. I know you probably feel hurt and bitter but the consequences may be even worse.

You and your wife are both adults and I doubt she forced you to come here! I also doubt that your wife cheated on you. She'd PR from the 1st minute you both came here and like mentioned before there were cases where couples separated days after moving here. Your spouse stayed 2 years with you and not left you immediately. Didn't she tell you a reason for leaving you?

It's not worth to construct a fraudulent story just because you feel offended in your honour! Go out and meet other people, the pain will go away.

Agreed. You have no chance. You stayed together for two years after you got pr. That is not the actions of someone staying with you just for a visa. Immigration can tell a bitter ex and would be unlikely to pay any attention to any claim you make.

Seriously, give it up. Moving half way across the world is a stressful thing, especially if both parties are not on the same page which it doesn't sound like you were. It takes it's toll on many a relationship.

Choose your battles. You won't win this one.

Archived