Is the grass greener elsewhere?

Rendleroo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sorrento on The Mornington Penminsula is just great. I love the surfing there and the pubs and restaurants are some of the best around.

Sorrento is the best place Iv'e ever been to in the world.

Guest The Pom Queen
Melbourne will be suficent for you my child, I find its the best city in the world. You will have everything you want you can't ask for more. Perth is nice but very uncultured, its not very sophisticated either and a lot of the English people who recently moved there I find are like if you tipped the rubbish bin upside down, these people are usually what you'd find at the bottom of it.

My child!!! They are probably old enough to be your grandad :laugh:

oh really ...really ? ......the only place that I have ever seen that is consistently greener than England is Ireland .

Australia may have a few little pockets here and there ....but keep it real

You obviously havent been to Tasmania then...Doesnt get any greener than here I can assure you..

Have you been to sorrento? It's nice but there's def a few dodgy bits, we had to be really careful with pick pockets. I'm thinking of going back this year or next and doing the whole trip again - Rome, sorrento etc. Go see mount Vesuvius again and Pompeii. My photos were crap, those little throw away cameras. My grans just back from Rome and she said she saw the pope lol

I've been to the one up the road just about weekly Stacey. Never been to the Italian one, I'm sure it's nice. I had a look on google maps and it looks nice. Would love to go to Pompeii.

Just read the post above that says the Italian Sorrento doesn't have any beaches. Probably wouldn't like it as much as the local one then.

This talk of Italy just made me think of a major reason Oz beats the UK.

The Coffee is so much better! Nice to see Starbucks fall on its arse here

I love travelling and seeing the world- but nothing beats our home in Australia- we are so lucky. I just love the plants, the trees, the animals, the smell of eucalypts, the birds and just the peace and quiet we get here. I usually last about 2.5 weeks before I want to come home.

You obviously havent been to Tasmania then...Doesnt get any greener than here I can assure you..

I have friends in Devonport .....I recently took them around the Cotswolds and Warwickshire .....they were very impressed ...I don't need to get in to a *** for tat ,about who has the better shade of green , I don't need to .

iam blessed to see some of the best countryside , on a daily basis ....villages , thatched cottages , the village pubs ....generally , English country life , and its very good .

Thanks again for sharing your POV with me and yes, the UK is beautiful and has its good points, but we made the move for a reason. I am hopeful things will change as I don't want to move necessarily as its like emigrating again going over to the other side, but I know it will happen one day. WA isn't for everyone, but then again, nor is the UK. Heart in one place, head in another - not a great place to be so I'm off to the pub! Seems like the answer for everything over here ;-)

I love travelling and seeing the world- but nothing beats our home in Australia- we are so lucky. I just love the plants, the trees, the animals, the smell of eucalypts, the birds and just the peace and quiet we get here. I usually last about 2.5 weeks before I want to come home.

Perhaps your true nature is more of a homebody then?

Thanks again for sharing your POV with me and yes, the UK is beautiful and has its good points, but we made the move for a reason. I am hopeful things will change as I don't want to move necessarily as its like emigrating again going over to the other side, but I know it will happen one day. WA isn't for everyone, but then again, nor is the UK. Heart in one place, head in another - not a great place to be so I'm off to the pub! Seems like the answer for everything over here ;-)

I haven't heard the saying "Off to the pub then", for a very long time. Perhaps in UK but seldom here.

Archived