I have found the Best Fish & Chip shop in Australia!!!

paulbucknall

For anyone in Sydney, try the traditional Fish and Chip shop in Bondi Junction. Went again on Saturday and it's something else. Cod with real chips, mushy peas and curry sauce. It's awesome!

Curry sauce is not traditional Fish & Chips:frown:, nor are mushy peas really! FISH, CHIPS, SALT & VINEGAR that's all there is to it for traditional Fish & Chips!

They do real chips!!!!

You mean you've found a place where they don't look at you weird if you ask for salt and vinegar on your chips? And where they don't put that horrid chicken salt all over them if you don't specifically ask them not to?

I much prefer "Aussie" fish and chips these days.

Grilled fish, Calamari, Beer battered chips yum.

Beer battered chips are good. Nice and crispy.

Good point. The fact they cook to order makes it much better, rather than lying around for hours.

Also you can get a decent salad.

The one at warners bay ? It's brilliant ! we travel from the central coast the one drive my boys don't mind doing.....fish chips, mushy peas, curry or gravy. They imported all the equipment. Proper tasty chippy !

And NO salad.... salad with fish and chips ! Lol :biglaugh:

The one at warners bay ? It's brilliant ! we travel from the central coast the one drive my boys don't mind doing.....fish chips, mushy peas, curry or gravy. They imported all the equipment. Proper tasty chippy !

And NO salad.... salad with fish and chips ! Lol :biglaugh:

Well for fecks' sake....far beyond it for me to wonder about your mental health............and the long drive ...............forget the meds and dump the salad!

Back in the UK we have a chippy 1/2 mile down the road called Seniors, it keeps winning awards for the best fish & chips in England. Personnaly I don't like them, Infact most people I know don't like them, but over here I don't think I've found one I don't like. I love crumbed snapper, I'm not that bothered about chips but when I order I keep forgetting to say no salt, because they sure know how to cover chips with it.

I used to love fish and chips in the UK

I love them even more here

Side salad with snapper and chips no grease not dripping in fat

Different yes

If I was still in the UK I wouldn't know no different

This is how they do it here and I love it

I stopped trying to find things like from the UK about 18 months ago

You have to let go to truely settle here I found

i must admit i do miss 'proper' fish and chips, aussie ones are a bit boring and dry, because they use cheap frozen chips. i was told about a place in wollongong that had british chips but they were not the same. The search continues...

• 1 month later...

Traditional Chip Shop in Bondi Junction is closest to UK Fish n Chips I have had here.

Proper hand cut chips, fried cod, wrapped in paper. They do all the usual sides if that's your type of thing.

Downsides, mega busy, have to wait whilst it's cooked and a bit dear at $20 a pop....

Archived