How could a mother do this ? I hope she never sees the light of day.

Parley

Maybe u would...others wouldn't

Why did the children get no choice in whether the lived or died? Who gave that woman the right to take that choice away from these individuals? If she couldnt cope she could have taken her own life...I have cared for children with this condition .my heart aches for the whole family but being a struggling mother does not give you the right to end someones life

You have assumed she did this for herself. I have assumed she did it for her children.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest16631
Thank God Im not the only one. I was thinking the whole world had gone mad.

.......I don't think anyone is advocating that to take a child's life is right..

......what we are doing .....

.......is questioning why......

.......and the reasons one would do it.....

........and if our child was suffering what would we do.....

........and I for one......

........don't know.........

........because to make such a decision.......

........whatever the circumstances.............

.........is one you'll be judged on..............by our self as well as others....

.........for ever.......

.........and could you live......

..........with doing something ......or nothing.......?

.........both........would take great courage.......right or wrong....

.........no we don't own our children......

..........but we owe them a duty of care.......love...compassion.....to keep them safe and well

..........and if we couldn't give them that.......

...........if disease was robbing them of life's basic needs.....

............could you stand bye and watch their decline.....?

............as I said......I hope to god we never have to find out.......

I do have a cousin who is severely disabled and has been confined to a care facility for most of her life. It is obviously. A far from perfect existance but certainly noone has the right to make the decision that another persons life is not worth living.

I think Jesus said that Gee. Don't recall his stance on killing a child to end its suffering but i don't think he would go for it.

Parley..He would have taken the situation with 'compassion'... and 'forgiven' her ... for what in her mind was the right thing to do ... rather than tell all to cast their 'stones'

The mother couldn't bear to see her child suffering perhaps...if thats the case she wanted to end her own heart ache and dilemma..that is selfish. ..the kids may have been ill but did they want to die..they were not allowed the right to live because what? A mother didnt want to see her children suffer? There are other options...children are not extensions of ourselves.

Parley..He would have taken the situation with 'compassion'... and 'forgiven' her ... for what in her mind was the right thing to do ... rather than tell all to cast their 'stones'

And as the children prayed to be saved from their mother killing them..what would he say?

Guest Guest16631
I do have a cousin who is severely disabled and has been confined to a care facility for most of her life. It is obviously. A far from perfect existance but certainly noone has the right to make the decision that another persons life is not worth living.

......and this is why.....IMO......

......the press has much to answer for.......

.......the attention grabbing .....Mother charged with three murders.....headline.....

.......has given nothing.....

.......or in the following story ...

.......of any of the personal circumstances......though how could it.....?

.......the reporter was not ..living.....their experience.....

.......each and every life is individual......

......each and every choice......personal to their circumstance........

.......and we are all answerable to ourselves .......

........and have to live with the repercussions of our actions.......

.........again I say.......

..........the general public ....can have no idea of the whys......of this sad case...

..........surely we don't need to judge......

Anyway we dnt even know the full story..end of the day..its a crime that needs to be punished in order to protect all children and advocate for those who are unable to due to overpowering parents who feel their children have no rights outwith being their child.

And as the children prayed to be saved from their mother killing them..what would he say?

Most likely below ... because he wouldn't have seen it like you do

"Come all ye away from this unworldly place and unto paradise..."

John 14

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Guest Guest16631
Tink nothing justifies murdering children. I don't care what disease they have.

.......guess we'll just disagree......

.......I say I don't know if it's ever justifiable.......

.......as I've never been put in that situation.......

.......all I do say say is that I hope I would have the strength and compassion....

....... to do what was right ...to me......

........if ever tested......in that moment of time........tink x

People are not animals...we eat animals and use them as if we own them....Some ppl treat their children the same way...as in this case but I am more than a dog..I am lucky my mother did not kill me...we hold ppl in higher regard to animals in that we give them choices. ..these children were treated as dogs and had their choices and rights revoked

The mother couldn't bear to see her child suffering perhaps...if thats the case she wanted to end her own heart ache and dilemma..that is selfish. ..the kids may have been ill but did they want to die..they were not allowed the right to live because what? A mother didnt want to see her children suffer? There are other options...children are not extensions of ourselves.

That is too simple a judgement. It may have nothing to do with what she could bear, but with what she thought her children were having to bear.

Thou shalt not kill.

That's a jewish law taken from the Torah ..

Jesus would have seen this differently to others ... the same way he treated prostitutes and other 'undesirables' with pardon and compassion, not hatred and judgement

Guest Guest16631
Exactly! 'what SHE thought'

......and as a mother.....

......this was both her duty.....and her right.....IMO.....!

Archived