Help from the ladies or budding Gok Wans

Que Sera Sera

Where is the castle? One of my friends went over for a wedding in a castle and he's Irish descent. He got on the web and found his families tartan colours and had a kilt made. Had to chase up all the other stuff they would wear with the kilt as he wanted to do a proper job. Said it went down really well. First time he had worn a kilt in his life, probably last too.

If it's Scotland or Ireland or even some parts of England they would have had traditional dress I guess. If you don't want to go to that trouble the standard nice hat and dress would be fine. My wife got a dress and one of those fascinator things. Went down really well at my nieces wedding.

I'd go with a good 2 piece suit. Skirt and jacket type thing. Can't really go wrong then and it will work for the season also. If you wear a dress you'll need a jacket or shawl anyways.

Have a browse of what you can pick up in M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams and the like. You could buy when you are there if you would rather, then the clothes will be in season iykwim.

Might give you some ideas :biggrin:

http://www.johnlewis.com/gifts/wedding/wedding-clothing/female-guests/dresses=newinproducttype-femaleguests-850/jackets=newinproducttype-femaleguests-850/c8000028585

Have a browse of what you can pick up in M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams and the like. You could buy when you are there if you would rather, then the clothes will be in season iykwim.

Might give you some ideas :biggrin:

http://www.johnlewis.com/gifts/wedding/wedding-clothing/female-guests/dresses=newinproducttype-femaleguests-850/jackets=newinproducttype-femaleguests-850/c8000028585

I was hoping to buy something here so I wouldn't have to worry about someone having the same outfit. I'll need two actually one for the evening do too. Been given permission to push the boat out a bit as I've lost a lot of weight. Don't want to go mortgage territorythough and wwould like to be able to wear them here too.

I was hoping to buy something here so I wouldn't have to worry about someone having the same outfit. I'll need two actually one for the evening do too. Been given permission to push the boat out a bit as I've lost a lot of weight. Don't want to go mortgage territorythough and wwould like to be able to wear them here too.

My wife bought something here and quite a few people commented, in a nice way, how different it was to things they had seen in the shops. My Sister's bloke bought her a really expensive dress that she thought no-one else would have. The grooms Mum turned up in the same dress.

pmsl...you haven't seen me in one...if you thought it looked butch Id be surprised. You're an old fashioned sort aren't ya...

Probably am HH. Prefer to see a ladies legs, specially if she has nice ones. Stockings, suspenders....oooops, wrong thread.:wink:

Ok Gok....come on then, let's have a laugh and see your suggestions:wink:

I have problems cutting and pasting pictures in this site, think it's something to do with the security settings at work. I know there are ways round it but I can't be bothered.

If I posted I would start with the underwear anyway.

AHP8HDOIOmx7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Wow it worked. Something like this would go down a treat, I reckon Mr and Mrs QSS would be leaving the reception early if she wore this.:wink:

Here's a nice dress.

Sorry didn't work after all. Saw the image and then when I posted it turned into gibberish. I'm sure you get the idea though.:cool:

Archived