189 visa April gang

Alonsd

Hi,

If I get a reference letter of my roles and responsibilities from one of my junior colleagues or my contemporary work associate, will that be fine?

Certainly for the ACS they indicate quite clearly that they will not accept a reference from a junior colleague on your behalf.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got our visa grant today!!! Email this morning from our agent, then a personal call from our agent George to congratulate us all the way from Sydney. We are so thrilled, it's like winning the lottery!! Good luck to all those waiting.

thats great. Congratulationssss.

You got direct grant or you got CO before.

Good luck.

We got our visa grant today!!! Email this morning from our agent, then a personal call from our agent George to congratulate us all the way from Sydney. We are so thrilled, it's like winning the lottery!! Good luck to all those waiting.

Congratulations!! The long wait is over and the planning can now start.

8 weeks for us since submitting application, hopefully we will get ours next week...

Hi All, I'm new to the group and this thread but having submitted our 189 application with all docs (except medical) on April 15th and having no CO yet I came searching for help.... I'm currently here on my husbands 457 but he desperately wants to start a new job he has been offered so the waiting is starting to take it's toll.

Anyone from April still waiting for a CO or visa grant?

Hi All, I'm new to the group and this thread but having submitted our 189 application with all docs (except medical) on April 15th and having no CO yet I came searching for help.... I'm currently here on my husbands 457 but he desperately wants to start a new job he has been offered so the waiting is starting to take it's toll.

Anyone from April still waiting for a CO or visa grant?

We have also lodged on April 14th, 2014 (my husband primary applicant). All documents uploaded including medical, PCC and form 80 (link appeared) within April. Still no communication or CO. We have applied for 189 visa in Electronics Engineer (ANZSCO code 233411) category onshore. It has already been two months and no contact leaves us very anxious.

Can you please tell what your occupation code is? I can see that you are onshore. Many people form April got their 189 grant already, both onshore and offshore. That makes me wonder if it has anything to do with certain occupations.

Thanks and best of luck.

Edited by babun1987

We have also lodged on April 14th, 2014 (my husband primary applicant). All documents uploaded including medical, PCC and form 80 (link appeared) within April. Still no communication or CO. We have applied for 189 visa in Electronics Engineer (ANZSCO code 233411) category onshore. It has already been two months and no contact leaves us very anxious.

Can you please tell what your occupation code is? I can see that you are onshore. Many people form April got their 189 grant already, both onshore and offshore. That makes me wonder if it has anything to do with certain occupations.

Thanks and best of luck.

Yes, onshore. We have been here 5 years. I can't remember the code right now but senior school teacher.

Received my grant today. :) Thanks all for your help.

Congratulations!

My husband was just made redundant so I REALLY hope ours is granted soon or we will be in trouble! In positive news we do have a CO, they just haven't contacted us, and I have medicals booked (last thing we could need) for Friday morning.

Hi rh8463, How do you know you've got a CO if they haven't contacted you? I'm just wondering what the indications are. Thanks!

I called to ask about some other things and they checked for me. They wouldn't put me through to them though.

Actually, I have a question - form 80. Does everyone get asked for it? I haven't got it listed on my recommended attachments so I haven't completed one. Should I complete one?

Based on what I've read here, not everyone is asked to complete form 80. I completed it anyway because I'd rather have it completed and ready for my peace of mind. It's up to you, but it is a fairly long form. Took me 2 hours to work out all the international travel in the last 10 years.

They contacted us yesterday asking for form 80, form 1221 and CV/resume of both applicants. We are claiming partner points as well. They also say that they are not CO, but collecting the information (adelaide GSM 13). Now have to supply all these again. Bit confused because did not hear about form 1221 that often. Hope everything is fine.

They contacted us yesterday asking for form 80, form 1221 and CV/resume of both applicants. We are claiming partner points as well. They also say that they are not CO, but collecting the information (adelaide GSM 13). Now have to supply all these again. Bit confused because did not hear about form 1221 that often. Hope everything is fine.

Are you or your partner an academic? Because I thought form 1221 is pretty much the same as form 80, with more details on research activities?

Yes, we both are academic. PhD students in an University in Australia. They wanted to know about our researches, thesis and papers.

Then I probably should fill that form out as we both have PhDs too but no longer in academia. I've been asked for CV when visiting the US as my research field was in chemicals so maybe they just want to make sure that we're not doing anything that could potentially be chemical weapons :P

Hi Its good to c april gang members are getting grants :) I got a mail from gsm team 13 on 3rd june asking for education and employment history again. But not sure if we at all have a case officer or not? is there any way i can contact immigration to know whether i have a CO or not ?

Please suggest as we lodged our application on 3/4/14 and after 2 months all they ask for is the same documents we have already submitted. We have again submitted the things they have asked for and waiting for a response :(

Plz let me know how can i contact

Thanks

Hi Farah,

I guess we are on the same boat. As I mentioned gsm team 13 is asking for the information (form 80, 1221 and CV) after 2 months and they said they are not CO, only collects required information. No idea about the CO assigned or not. I do not know contact numbers and even if I did, I hesitate to contact them since I do not know what the outcome will be. We will just send the required forms and wait for their response.

I will keep you guys updated and please also give update if you hear anything more/receive grant. Then we will have idea about how long after contact from team 13 one usually gets the grant.

I pray for all of us to receive their grants as quickly as possible.

Cheers.

Hi Farah,

I guess we are on the same boat. As I mentioned gsm team 13 is asking for the information (form 80, 1221 and CV) after 2 months and they said they are not CO, only collects required information. No idea about the CO assigned or not. I do not know contact numbers and even if I did, I hesitate to contact them since I do not know what the outcome will be. We will just send the required forms and wait for their response.

I will keep you guys updated and please also give update if you hear anything more/receive grant. Then we will have idea about how long after contact from team 13 one usually gets the grant.

I pray for all of us to receive their grants as quickly as possible.

Cheers.

Hi,

I received an email from GSM team 13 too, I think this means we do have COs assigned to our cases because this is a team which helps the COs for faster processing of applications but not sure though. I'd say if we do not have COs and if we have not initially been assessed by COs why the call for further documents then? so yeah I think we've got COs but there has been no reason to contact probably. I think the CO allocation dates will be updated pretty soon. So hang in there, stay positive, it will become our turn too.

Good Luck People

Anyone else waking up and the first thing they do is check your emails excitedly, hoping and praying that the elusive grant email is sitting there waiting for them?

It is 10 weeks now for us and it's becoming a bit of an addictive routine! The waiting is so frustrating!!!

Alonsd ,yes the first thing we do every morning is check our emails eager for any news , we lodged our visa on the 28th of April , uploaded our medicals and police checks a week later and have heard nothing since . Not sure if no news is good news but just want the waiting to be over , our house is ready to go on the market , family and friends kinda getting used to the idea. We have 2 kids who are about to finish school for the summer holidays and we dont want them going back to school after the summer as it would be a cleaner break for them . We also look at other peoples timelines and see that our timeline is similar but that still isn't making the wait any easier .