189 visa April gang

Alonsd

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I stayed for 3 years in Canada(for work) and rest of my life in India. So do I need to get the police clearance from Canada and India both?

Please share your opinion :-)

I believe so, I think I have seen it somewhere that if you have stayed anywhere for more than 12 month you need to get police clearance but not sure though.

I've got a CO today. She asked for few more documents. Most of it have already been uploaded. it's a bit weird...

Finger crossed for all of you!

Nice, Good to know ppl from late April are being allocated to COs.

Good luck with the rest of the process, hopefully we will hear about some grants soon :)

We also applied for a 189 visa on the 28th of April and are still waiting for our CO , we have uploaded every required document and now just hope we get a decision soon .All of this waiting is tough , we have jumped through so many hoops and paid out a fortune but hopefully the end is in sight . Good luck guys ,it's good to know we are not alone

We had our medicals today, it was good fun actually!! Dr Million said we'd hear over the weekend if anything untoward was found, otherwise they'd be uploaded ASAP. Hubby's will be referred cos of existing medical condition, but he said that shouldn't delay things by more than a week. Hopefully we all hear good news soon!

Hi all

So I asked our agent for a progress update today - they said they've not heard anything about us being allocated a case officer, and that apparently there is a backlog of skilled migration visas as they come up to financial year end (??) so it may be a few weeks?!! Bit weird considering that folk in the May 189 thread appear to have case officers already....I am thinking that we must have too. I hope so!

Hi all

So I asked our agent for a progress update today - they said they've not heard anything about us being allocated a case officer, and that apparently there is a backlog of skilled migration visas as they come up to financial year end (??) so it may be a few weeks?!! Bit weird considering that folk in the May 189 thread appear to have case officers already....I am thinking that we must have too. I hope so!

Hi,

I actually realised not many people are getting COs these days, but I thought backlog was for 190 visa and I know 190 people have received "the delay" email. So not quiet sure what is happening there.

BTW, is there anyway to find out you have been allocated a CO other than COs contacting you?

Submitted my application 4th April. Submitted all docs including PCC + Med. It has been two months and no sign of assigning CO. Patiently waiting. I have clear doubt about 3 months processing time :(.

Lets hope for the best.

We applied on 15th April and were contacted for our police checks on 26th May. Other than receiving an email, we had no other indicators that we'd even been assigned a case officer.

I reckon that those of you who have already uploaded everything probably already have a case officer working through your application.

Hi guys,

from reading previous forums i would imagine that most of us have COs now, the only people who would have had contact from them though are the are the people who needed to upload further documentation, like myself! On that note anyone who has not uploaded a form 80, DO IT!!! I decided not to and was asked for it and it is a lengthy document. Also got asked for proof of military discharge which took time.

hopefully in the next few weeks we will all start to get those much anticipated grant emails!!!!

good look to you all...

Hi there,

We have also lodged 189 visa application on 14th April, 2014. All documents including PCC and Form 80 uploaded within 30th April. Medical was also done on 30th April, results uploaded by clinic on 5th May. But still we did not receive any communication from the CO (if any). So we are getting worried :dull: Don't have any idea why we got stuck like this.

We've received our grant last friday! What a relief!

We had uploaded all our documents included PCC and medicals at the time we lodged, and I think it was the best method!

Wish you all the best for your future grant!

Congratulations, i think you're the first of the April gang! Fingers crossed more will start to follow now...

We've received our grant last friday! What a relief!

We had uploaded all our documents included PCC and medicals at the time we lodged, and I think it was the best method!

Wish you all the best for your future grant!

Congratulations,

Good to hear people from April are getting grants.

Fingers crossed for everyone

Email from our agent this morning - we have a case officer :)

Team 02, GSM Adelaide....

...Who promptly requested evidence of hubby's educational qualifications - ie. his ACCA. Which has already been provided and uploaded (ACCA/FCCA certificates, full transcripts). I think we have been allocated a case officer who has never dealt with an ACCA-qualified accountant from the UK before! Our agent is going to explain what all the info is that we have provided - he said as ACCA isn't a university degree that's prob where the confusion has come from.

They also requested our Form 80s (again already uploaded by agent) and 'evidence of health' - our medicals were completed 22.5.14 so will be uploaded already.

I wonder if it's common that they ask for things they already have...!!

At least we have progress :)

Lizzywills,

glad to hear that you have your CO now, it good to see things moving forward, but asking for all those documents again... that doesn't sound too good! Have you checked your immi account to make sure your agent has uploaded them all?

when our CO contacted us it was only to request the documents that we hadn't already uploaded, form 80 and proof of willingness to discharge from the military.

Anyway another week down which can only mean one thing... another week closer to our visa grant!!!

Hi Everyone,

We have just received our grant (on the 6th June) after submitting our application on the 28th April. Only contact we had with c/o was a request for police certificates which we hadn't preloaded and were submitted about a week before our grant.

Good luck everyone!

For proof of discharge is the four pages with id card hologram sufficient?

I'm still currently serving, so for me I had to provide a "statement of willingness to discharge", which was a letter from the CO confirming that I had signed off and a JPA print screen. I also needed a testimony from the CO to confirm that I was not under any form of military disciplinary action (basically a character reference).

If you have already been discharged I would imagine that it is your testimony, discharge papers and your reports.