Processing times - ASPC update

nikci

Hi all,

Just received this and thought would let you know seeing as there has been some movement albeit it not much - at least it is going in the right direction:

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards. Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 1 April 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 27 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and acknowledging applications received on 26 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007: All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is

acknowledging offshore applications received on 30 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 1 April 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 18 August 2007 (paper), 9 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 2 May 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications

Subclass 495: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487

E-lodged: 8 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 29 September 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

Hope this helps,

Nikci

Guest orangenmango

hi nikci

actually when do we need to do a medical check-up ? we lodged our application thru an agent sometime ard august 2007. my husband just did his ielts test. havent heard any news from our agent when to submit the meds.

please enlighten me.

thanks.

It's early and I am reading this post and thanks for that Nicki

Am I reading it right that they are currently processing 175 Visas on line ones

upto the date of 8 NOV now???

Think I need to read it again

xx

I did read it wrong..serves me right for rushing...Oh well :)

Jo x

Thats how i read it too Jo!! Think you were right the 1st time. It's says Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below ( before sept 2007) have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

We are waiting for our sub class 136 too, although have had a case officer for ages, seems they do it all different. We had a case office allocated to our case before we were instructed to do our meds etc, anyway just had meds finalised a week or so ago so hopefully wont be too much longer for us or your friends.

Here's hoping anyway, ohhhh!! put hopping then instead of hoping but to be honest think hopping is more like it anyway..Ha ha!!!

I'll be so glad when the waiting is over!!

Best wishes Alison x

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone

Does anyone know if the dates changed today or not?? I know some of you get an email to give you the update so just wondering if there is any good news to share???

Please have some

Kimx

I got the email this morning - no change from last week, online visas still on 10th November and paperbased 19th september!! its gonna be a long wait!!!

awwww Tracy you supposed to have good news LOL

Oh well the wait it is then :SLEEP:

Thanks for the update

Guest bailey

Applied for visa class 176 (paper based) which was ack 14th January 2008, Meds and Police checks sent in last month. Process times do not seem to be moving fast and with the continued high volume of new applications it would appear to me that times will slow even further.

Went to the Olympia show last weekend and spoke to the australian visa department about the process times. They said that the online applications for 176 are being dealt with first and the paper based applications will be looked at at some stage!!, but as most new applications are being submitted as online applications, I coudl be waiting a long long long time.

Anyone else on a 176 paper based application who submitted after say August 2007?

Guest Sarah & Damo
So I am reading right in that all 136 applications made before Sept 2007 have been allocated case officers???

If thats right I know someone that will be real happy :)

Or am I reading it completely wrong?

Jo x

Hi Jo! No we're Aug 07 136 MODL and we still don't have a case officer (or not that we've been told anyway!! Booooo!) That e-mail said they're only up to May 07 for paper based apps but surely that can't be right???!!!!!!! Oh well.....just keep waiting - we'll be there soon hopefully!!!!!

Sarah x:spinny:

Guest paula1

Hi Sarah,

We're in the same situation as you! Not a dickie bird, not even a c/o and waiting since August has been a killer !!!! Hopefully we'll hear something at least?

Good luck everyone

Love Paula x

Guest the shades

Hi Paula1 and Sarah,

we are in the same boat as well.We're July 07 136's still without a co.Soooo frustrating

Guest paula1

God it's a good job Poms in oz is available 24 hrs aday. Hopefully not to much longer! Saying that i still have loads to do, but it's the not knowing. It's driving us crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to everyone in the same position.

Love Paula x

Guest joanneG

me 2 boo hoo!!!! Aug07, acknowledged May still no CO, meds done just waitin on the results back, police check just sent.....

check processing times again they moved on a massive 3 days i'll be retired before i get there lol

Has it only moved 3 days this week?? What is it on now the 13th for on-line? :arghh:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We sent our 175 skilled migration application off on 23 April (paper based by our agent) and received an acknowledgement & receipt on 29 April. ince then not lot has happened. ( Not that I expect to hear anything for a while) Every Tuesday I send off my blank e-mail for the updated processing dates, they don't seem to have made any progess at all. I read in a thread a copy & paste of the info e-mail dated 1 April that applications sent after 1 Sep 07 ones received on 16 Sep are about to be processed & given case workers. The info mail I got this week said that apps received on 19 Sep are being done now. Have they really only moved on 3 days in 2 months?????????

I am raelly interested in timelines that other people are experiencing & a bit of advice on meds & police checks. Our agent says don't get meds or police checks done until a case worker is allocated but in the info that came in the acknowlegement from DIAC said if meds & police checks are with the file when a case worker is allocated the process will go a bit quicker. I know the checks & meds are valid for 1 year & we want to go within a month of getting the go ahead. Has anyone else come up against this one? Any advice????????

cheers & good luck to all you Aussie Wannabeeeeees.

HI Jaq

Well thats what it says on that email but to be honest I dont think they update it. We applied on line on the 16/11/07 sent for meds etc anyway all of that done and dusted by mid Feb, CO on the 22/4/08 then further info required on the 23/4/08, it was all sent on this date to them. And today we have been sent to the 'Decision Maker' !

Good luck hope it all runs smoothly for you

HI Jaq

Well thats what it says on that email but to be honest I dont think they update it. We applied on line on the 16/11/07 sent for meds etc anyway all of that done and dusted by mid Feb, CO on the 22/4/08 then further info required on the 23/4/08, it was all sent on this date to them. And today we have been sent to the 'Decision Maker' !

Good luck hope it all runs smoothly for you

wwoopee......that golden tocket is well within your clutches!!!!!:jiggy:

• 7 months later...
Guest anu_babli

I want to know that why austarlia govt. has changed the rule for PR visa applications? my ack date 27th aug 2007..... i want to know that how much time i have to wait for visa approval?

Archived