190 Visa lodged with dependents

Hi

I am starting a new thread to see if someone could help me understand my situation regarding dependents. I have lodged my 190 visa this month and am looking for some advice on various visa outcomes.

I am the primary applicant and have included my wife. Since, I've lost my father 8 years ago, my mother, brother and sister are solely dependent on me for everything. My brother has recently managed to secure a job and hence I have not included him on my application. I have included my mother who is a home-maker and my sister (19 years) who is currently studying.

I have got all the medicals and character evidence positive and ready for all of us.

What could be the outcome if DIBP is not satisfied with the mother/sister dependency part of my application ?

Are you from a country that has welfare?

Can you show that you provide for ALL of the financial needs of your Mother and sister?

I hope someone on here can help you with this. I am guessing though that you would be better off approaching a migration agent,

I'm sorry I forgot to mention I'm from India. So no welfare is provided. Yes. I can get valid proofs as old as all these 8 years after my dad that I've been talking care of them.

Good luck, I know there are some agents on this forum who will be able to advise you.

If health reports are ok then how come your mother is a dependant? I would imagine that's what DIBP would be curious about. Your sister I guess because she's studying maybe fine but is it not down to your mother to support her? Is it a cultural reason you support them?

For any cases not straightforward I would recommend paying an agent to assess before you fork out huge amounts for visa application

I guess if DIBP weren't convinced about the dependency aspect you'd have to stay put if they are as you say dependant on you. Hence the advice about getting advice from a migration agent before you fork out 1000s for the visa application.

In my view torrentkid you contradict yourself. Though I believe you don't do this deliberately, it's more due to cultural differences.

Sorry, but I don't see that DIBP would grant a visa with mother and sister included in the application because you mentioned your younger brother secured a job in India. That means he could assist your mum and sister instead of you.

You might see yourself in the role of being responsible and helping your family which I pay my fullest respect to you. It's human and honourable.

But this sense of family does not count towards an Australian visa where I see even migrants with adult children fail to take their children over the age of 18 to Australia as dependents.

Furthermore I question whether a 19 year old sister who studies is really dependent on you or anybody. She is able to work besides her studies. Here in Australia nearly every student works. She could go for a student visa on her own and continue her studies here. So that's not a reason.

And your mum, how old is she? Does she get any pension from your father? What was her occupation before she became a housewife? When she is still under working age - that means Australian women work until 63-65 at the moment - I don't see a chance of adding her to your visa. That she is a housewife doesn't mean that DIBP consider her as one. Depending on her age - and you mentioned she would pass the medicals because she is healthy - she is still capable of searching for a job and making a fresh start in India.

Otherwise we all would add our parents as dependents, that would save many of us here heaps of money and time!

I think you need some proffessional advice from a registered migration agent. Look up Go Matilda

A the moment i can not see you being granted a visa for a number of your dependants. There is also a rule that if you claim a dependant that is refused then the entire application will be refused including yourself. Get some proffessional advice

• 1 month later...
I think you need some proffessional advice from a registered migration agent. Look up Go Matilda

A the moment i can not see you being granted a visa for a number of your dependants. There is also a rule that if you claim a dependant that is refused then the entire application will be refused including yourself. Get some proffessional advice

Can you point to any scenarios where the entire application has been rejected ? I know they can reject based on One-fail-all-fail under health & character reasons, but not anything else.

Archived