190 Visa April 2014 Gang

Hi all, I guess I'm looking for a bit of piece of mind here. :wacko: Congratulations to all of you that have received your grant by the way, I'm chuffed for you! :wink:

Is anyone else from April still waiting? I'm getting pretty frustrated now. I remained patient when the visa delays meant that a backlog had to be cleared but seeing that May and even June applicants are now getting their visas granted is making me anxious. I still haven't heard anything, be it in my immi account status, via a CO or any e-mail. It's been over 15 weeks now. I'd have thought that if there was a problem, I'd have heard something or been requested to give further docs by now and if they were serious about processing the visas in order of lodgement date, that April frontloaded applicants with no problems would have heard before May and June applicants???

I've tried e-mailing using the contact forms online, but just received an automated response containing a PDF that repeats the same information as the DIBP website and directs me to the published processing times - which is no help now since it's beyond the 3 month guide time. I've tried e-mailing gsm.adelaide@immi.gov.au that someone had posted elsewhere but just received an automated response that told me unless a CO had been allocated I would not receive a reply - not much help when I don't even know if I have been allocated a CO yet.

Yesterday I called the Australia High Commission in London and was told I would have to call the Adelaide Skilled Migration Processing Centre. So, this morning I called at 6.30am (GMT) / 3.30pm (Sydney) and sat in an automated service queue for over an hour. When I gave up and tried re-calling the offices were closed - who knows how long I could have been sat on hold for when there is no one there to even answer the call! I hate to think how much that's going to have cost. :shocked:

My biggest worry is that, as a teacher, the school year starts end of January and the majority of job vacancies are advertised between July and November. If this takes much longer I won't be in a position to apply for jobs for the new school year and my police check expires in March.

Can anyone offer any advice please...besides being patient, that is?! :ssign16:I did everything myself without a migration agent and I'm hoping that this won't have been the reason for the delay!?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I guess I'm looking for a bit of piece of mind here. :wacko: Congratulations to all of you that have received your grant by the way, I'm chuffed for you! :wink:

Is anyone else from April still waiting? I'm getting pretty frustrated now. I remained patient when the visa delays meant that a backlog had to be cleared but seeing that May and even June applicants are now getting their visas granted is making me anxious. I still haven't heard anything, be it in my immi account status, via a CO or any e-mail. It's been over 15 weeks now. I'd have thought that if there was a problem, I'd have heard something or been requested to give further docs by now and if they were serious about processing the visas in order of lodgement date, that April frontloaded applicants with no problems would have heard before May and June applicants???

I've tried e-mailing using the contact forms online, but just received an automated response containing a PDF that repeats the same information as the DIBP website and directs me to the published processing times - which is no help now since it's beyond the 3 month guide time. I've tried e-mailing gsm.adelaide@immi.gov.au that someone had posted elsewhere but just received an automated response that told me unless a CO had been allocated I would not receive a reply - not much help when I don't even know if I have been allocated a CO yet.

Yesterday I called the Australia High Commission in London and was told I would have to call the Adelaide Skilled Migration Processing Centre. So, this morning I called at 6.30am (GMT) / 3.30pm (Sydney) and sat in an automated service queue for over an hour. When I gave up and tried re-calling the offices were closed - who knows how long I could have been sat on hold for when there is no one there to even answer the call! I hate to think how much that's going to have cost. :shocked:

My biggest worry is that, as a teacher, the school year starts end of January and the majority of job vacancies are advertised between July and November. If this takes much longer I won't be in a position to apply for jobs for the new school year and my police check expires in March.

Can anyone offer any advice please...besides being patient, that is?! :ssign16:I did everything myself without a migration agent and I'm hoping that this won't have been the reason for the delay!?

emwatson: The best thing you can do is to call the GSM Adelaide office at +61 131 881 at 8am Adelaide time. This will still take half hour to reach someone. You can always request them to expedite your application quoting your genuine reasons. Chances are high that they will take it up and make a decision as quickly as possible.

I emailed gsm.adelaide & received a auto reply just like how you did after a week or so. But after another week some case officer was kind enough to write to me and explain that my application is being processed. After another week I got my grant. But I had to call and check my status twice before I got my grant.

emwatson: The best thing you can do is to call the GSM Adelaide office at +61 131 881 at 8am Adelaide time. This will still take half hour to reach someone. You can always request them to expedite your application quoting your genuine reasons. Chances are high that they will take it up and make a decision as quickly as possible.

I emailed gsm.adelaide & received a auto reply just like how you did after a week or so. But after another week some case officer was kind enough to write to me and explain that my application is being processed. After another week I got my grant. But I had to call and check my status twice before I got my grant.

Thanks @torrentkid, I really appreciate your advice! :-) I'll give that a try tonight. How are your plans coming on?

Just managed to get through. Result... CO was allocated on 31st July, so should hopefully hear soon! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Just managed to get through. Result... CO was allocated on 31st July, so should hopefully hear soon! :-)

Blimey, this waiting game is hard. We've still had no news... no responses to my e-mail sent 2 weeks ago either, despite the automated response saying that any e-mails regarding cases that HAD been allocated would be responded to within 7 working days. I'm guessing since the CO hasn't been in touch that all the documents are in order, so can't understand why it's taking so long. It's been with Team 8 Adelaide for over 3 weeks now. I've tried e-mailing them again... now just keeping my fingers crossed that some kind person takes pity at Team 8 and gets in touch!

Hi. I applied for a 190 visa on 17th April 2014. Was allocated a CO on 31.07.2014. The CO asked us for some docs that we had already uploaded into the immi system. Did the same again and no news since then. Its been 4 weeks from the upload date. Sent emails and got no response. First time we called 2 weeks was informed it would take unto 2-3 months from CO allocation. The second time I called was told it could take another 4-5 weeks due to the existing queue.

Is there any priority based on ANZCO code and/or Sponsoring territory?

Hi. I applied for a 190 visa on 17th April 2014. Was allocated a CO on 31.07.2014. The CO asked us for some docs that we had already uploaded into the immi system. Did the same again and no news since then. Its been 4 weeks from the upload date. Sent emails and got no response. First time we called 2 weeks was informed it would take unto 2-3 months from CO allocation. The second time I called was told it could take another 4-5 weeks due to the existing queue.

Is there any priority based on ANZCO code and/or Sponsoring territory?

I don't think so @canberra2014. According to the visa tracking sheet I'm one of only two people who have applied with ANZCO code 241411 and SA state has had lots of visas granted recently. I can't understand why it would take so long from CO allocation. I thought that surely they would clear the backlog from the 2013-14 year before clearing the applicants from the 2014-15 year, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. :sad: I'm going to try calling again later when their offices re-open. Good luck!

Canberra 2014

all i can think of is to call and ask for to chat with co. But still i think v have no other option than waiting

Hi @emwatson, you had mentioned that you are planning to call and chat with your CO. I have called DIBP but it looks like the phone is answered by an admin person. How do you get connected to your CO? Do you request the call is routed to your CO?

Thanks again

Wish you all the best hope you get a quick grant...

Hi @emwatson, you had mentioned that you are planning to call and chat with your CO. I have called DIBP but it looks like the phone is answered by an admin person. How do you get connected to your CO? Do you request the call is routed to your CO?

Thanks again

Wish you all the best hope you get a quick grant...

Hi @canberra2014

I didn't get through to a CO, probably just an admin person, like you did. I have tried again but after an hour I gave up waiting on hold... really frustrated! Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you hear something soon too!

Hi @canberra2014

I didn't get through to a CO, probably just an admin person, like you did. I have tried again but after an hour I gave up waiting on hold... really frustrated! Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you hear something soon too!

Hi @emwatson. Thanks for the wishes. Its been 4 weeks since I have given them the documents they asked for (these were loaded upfront). I am planning to give them a call on Monday to check the status. What's gotten me real confused is on the Immi site it clearly mentions 3 months as the expected time for a 190 Visa to be processed. However during my last call I was told it would take 3 months from the date the CO was assigned!

Another deadline is fast approaching which is the Uni admission and interview season. Looks like my daughter would miss the 1st Round. There is very little one can do except wait patiently for the Visa to be processed...

Have a great weekend...

What's gotten me real confused is on the Immi site it clearly mentions 3 months as the expected time for a 190 Visa to be processed. However during my last call I was told it would take 3 months from the date the CO was assigned!

If you read the page, DIBP aims to process 75% of applications within the times they quote. So that means they don't worry if 25% of applications are anywhere outside those times. In reality, they don't take responsibility for meeting these deadlines for any application, which unfortunately makes it difficult to make any types of plans.

hello everyone

here is my details so far

Anzsco 133211 Engineering Manager

EOI 70 Points, SA sponsored

IELTS. L8.5, R8.8, S8, W7 Overall 8

Applied on 14th april 2014

CO alllocated confirmation received after i sent them a few emails 30 July 2014 and CO is from Adelaide team 7

Request for additional docs 5 august, dispatched on 13th aug from Team 7 and some docs from Team 13

request for more docs on 19th august dispatched 0n 21 august from team 6

called them on 29 august and came to know that they have not received my documents that i sent them on 21 august so emailed the documents again.

i requested to speak to CO but the lady on phone said that there is no particular CO so i cant speak to one.

I have made 2 calls now and both right at 0830 Adelaie time but still had to wait for 60-65min for some one to come online.

I am really frustrated now.

Hi emwatson

did u manage to talk to your CO.. Any progress..¿. I called them they said to wait.. M frustrated now.

Hi @Ss190

We just got through to the general admin team again. This was first thing Tuesday morning Adelaide time. Apparently our case is "being finalised" and we should hear within 5-7 working days about the outcome... although we were advised that this could probably take up to two weeks! My boyfriend also called the high commission in London and they gave us an alternative number as the +61 131881 was just a call centre for general enquiries. He's going to try the new number late sunday night (GMT)/morning Adelaide time, just to check.

I feel your frustration... I even had a school contact me from Adelaide last week about a job they are advertising for a science teacher (starting January) but I don't think I can apply since I have no visa yet :-(

I'll let you know if we get any luck after calling tomorrow! Good luck!

Hi @Ss190 and @emwatson. We had our agent contact DIBP this past week. We were told that our application is in the final stages. But no time frame. Just Wait...

Looks like we need to put our plans on hold and go with the flow...

Hi emwatson and canberra 2014

thankew for the updates.. Same response for waiting a little more but no definite time frames could be provided, they said, when i contacted as well .. Hoping all of us are nearly there. And this week brings in most awaited times for us.. Fingers crossed..

Hi guys,

We called again last night and were told the same young as last week but then this morning.... We got the grant email!!!!

I sat in shock for a few seconds before really comprehending what I was reading! ;-) Anyway, I just want to say thank you to everyone on here that has been so supportive and helpful! @Ss190 & @canberra2014 I really do hope you also get yours soon... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :-)

Hi guys,

We called again last night and were told the same young as last week but then this morning.... We got the grant email!!!!

I sat in shock for a few seconds before really comprehending what I was reading! ;-) Anyway, I just want to say thank you to everyone on here that has been so supportive and helpful! @Ss190 & @canberra2014 I really do hope you also get yours soon... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :-)

Hi emwatson, many congrats on the grant!! I noticed in your previous thread you called another number, please could you share it with us. Last time we called we were told nothing... we don't even know if our medicals have cleared!?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

Hey emwatson

Many congratulations .... So happy fr u. Wishing u a good future.. ?