Help? Skills Assessment with Little Work Experience

CMaradza

Hi all, I have a few questions and I am hoping that someone may have an answers for me. I have a degree in Graphic Design from Curtin University, WA (from September 2013) but I do not have at least 1 year paid work experience instead I have some paid freelance graphic design jobs behind me and a year of voluntary design work done for the university. I have written my IELTS and will get my results on Thursday (I am sure I have passed)

My questions are:

Is it possible to still pass my skills assessment based on the work history I DO have?

Has anyone passed skills assessment with little or no work experience but with an Australian qualification?

Which migration agent is the best to approach who actually has successfully helped anyone achieve their skills assessment pass mark?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me in this area.

I had my skills assessment successful from Engineers Australia as an Electronic Engineer just based on my overseas (american) bachelors and Australian Masters. Truth is they really didn't use my masters qualifications. as long as you are not claiming points for work experience, i reckon your skills assessment should go fine. again, my experience is from an engineering standpoint but i believe an Australian qualification should QUALIFY you as being able to work in that occupation.

I do suggest you include all your work experiences as part of the package you send to the assessing body.

Good luck!

If you look at the number on the CSOL or SOL where your occupation is, there will be a number. if you google that number it will tell you the details of what it required to pass a skills assessment. Be aware that voluntry work does not count, nor does work that is prior to your qualifacation.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you were looking to gain sponsorship, this may be a away around the skills assessment as normally 457 visas do not need a skills assessment. However, you may have difficulty in obtaining sponsorship with the level of experience you have - we would a Australian business sponsor you and not take a local

Hi all, I have a few questions and I am hoping that someone may have an answers for me. I have a degree in Graphic Design from Curtin University, WA (from September 2013) but I do not have at least 1 year paid work experience instead I have some paid freelance graphic design jobs behind me and a year of voluntary design work done for the university. I have written my IELTS and will get my results on Thursday (I am sure I have passed)

My questions are:

Is it possible to still pass my skills assessment based on the work history I DO have?

Has anyone passed skills assessment with little or no work experience but with an Australian qualification?

Which migration agent is the best to approach who actually has successfully helped anyone achieve their skills assessment pass mark?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me in this area.

As explained, the skills assessment requirement vary by occupation, so the engineering example on your thread is not relevant to you. I have looked up Graphic designer and it is assessed by Vetassess and is a group B occupation. This means that as well as your degree you would need one year of post qualification experience, there is a note about pre qualification experience but it suggests that you would need several years of this in order to count. So I would conclude that no, you could not pass skills assessment at the moment.