Can't decide darwin or Adelaide ?

Laurajwirral

Hi , I'm 29 single female currently doing a state nomination visa , I was going to WA but as of 3weeks ago can't move there anymore and have been told I can go to darwin or Adelaide neither of which I have been too , I'm a hairdresser and having trouble deciding which is the better life , if anyone can help me with either of these areas I would be grateful.

im flying out in May to Darwin as I've only been told today Adelaide is available for my profession and won't have time to fly there and check it out .

Any advice would be great thank you laura x

Never been to Darwin but Adelaide is very beautiful with a god climate. More of a dry heat there and not a tropical heat. Lots of nice wineries, Elder park is nice. You have rundle mall for shopping its small, compact but has everything you need. And Melbourne isnt exactly that far away if you want a big city atmosphere for a weekened or so.

Only been to Darwin briefly but it's a small place. Climate there does it appeal to me much. Live in Adelaide and think you may have better options there.

I would go with Adelaide. Darwin, warm all yeah round. Humidity in the wet season is almost unberable. Also you cant swim in the beaches around Darwin, too many saltys or box jelly fish! Although saying that Darwin is close to places like Kakadu and Litchfiled park. Having been to both places my self I would chose Adelaide as at least its close to other places like Melbourne, has a better climate and is far less remote.

Like most of the other posters I would say Adelaide. I've been to both on work trips and in the wet season, which Darwin is just coming out of, it's very humid and hot. a lot of people get used to it and like it and it is pleasant getting in a swimming pool and it's warm. After doing a few laps though you realise it's too warm for a swim and better to just lie around in and drink, which a lot of people in Darwin do.

Adelaide, by comparison is a decent sized City, has a lot more going for it out of the City with wineries and nice countryside close by, good beachside suburbs that are really nice, you can use the sea there too.

I'd choose Adelaide over Darwin but I'm biased as I live there! Seriously though the heat and humidity in Darwin is difficult to cope with day after day. Adelaide does have stinking hot summers but it's dry heat and bit more bearable in my opinion, it also has cool winters. Adelaide is more like a big country town than a city but it has lots of good restaurants, festivals, concerts, great beaches and if you want somewhere a little more exciting Melbourne is just a 45 min flight.

Both North Adelaide and Norwood are lovely suburbs so you wouldn't go wrong getting jobs there.

• 3 weeks later...

Adelaide every time. Its a nice clean city that's not overly busy compared to other cities. I stayed near Adelaide before moving to NSW and enjoyed it, although I much prefer Port Macquarie on the east coast where I now live.

You will get some fantastic advice here to help you make your choice, where ever you end up, live the dream, many of us do

Hi , I'm 29 single female currently doing a state nomination visa , I was going to WA but as of 3weeks ago can't move there anymore and have been told I can go to darwin or Adelaide neither of which I have been too , I'm a hairdresser and having trouble deciding which is the better life , if anyone can help me with either of these areas I would be grateful.

im flying out in May to Darwin as I've only been told today Adelaide is available for my profession and won't have time to fly there and check it out .

Any advice would be great thank you laura x

For a single woman, I'd pick Adelaide every time. Darwin is a young, vibrant city in many ways, but it's also still a frontier town with frontier (read antiquated sexist) attitudes. Adelaide is a lot more civilised.

Archived