Online shoe stores

HappyHeart

have come to the conclusion I hate shopping. Very unusual for a woman I know. I need some work shoes, these are virtually falling off my feet. i used to buy hush puppies or clarks in the UK but havent found a shoe superstore here like there seemed to be in the UK. target et al just sell rubbish....where should I be looking?:err: Prefer on line if poss

have come to the conclusion I hate shopping. Very unusual for a woman I know. I need some work shoes, these are virtually falling off my feet. i used to buy hush puppies or clarks in the UK but havent found a shoe superstore here like there seemed to be in the UK. target et al just sell rubbish....where should I be looking?:err: Prefer on line if poss

I have terrible feet. They are really wide, which is not catered to at all in Australia. I buy my shoes from Amazon in the US and get them shipped here. Sometimes the sellers ship to Australia, but I have noticed recently that they seem more reluctant to do so, and I have been considering using one of these 'Ship to' services in the US, where basically you give their US postal address (so that Amazon will ship) and they then forward the packages on to you. I have got sandals and walking shoes at 25% the cost they would be over here, you often get free shipping, and I have ordered things on a Friday and received them on Monday via DHL or FedEx (all in the free shipping). Returns can be expensive though, so you have to make sure of what you are ordering.

Don't know about women, but M+S men's shoes are good and on sale now with free shipping to Oz. They do half sizes as well.

Ordered last Sunday, dispatched Monday from Warrington, on the doorstep in Canberra when I got home from work on Friday. My mother nearly wet herself because that's another job she doesn't need to do anymore, and she loves any excuse to wander aimlessly round M+S.

Also....Shoes.com

They have massive stock levels and they ship here and can price in AUD, but I found them quite expensive unless you buy a few pairs.

Dr Scholl's are similar to Hush Puppies. They're not the same as the Scholl orthopaedic things you used to see in chemists aimed at old people, more fashion shoes and sandals and very comfortable.

I used to sell bridal shoes for a living until recently (this is what my business was - I used to dye shoes for bridesmaids and brides to match dresses), and the sizes are pretty much the same between Australian and US sizing, except at the size 5 and 12 end of the chart, where there is a small difference. I am a 9 Aus and a 40 Eur and a 9 US. On the Amazon website there is a review section for each product, and it is worth looking at that to see how the style fits.

There's a great show brand in Oz called Airflex which are very similar to hush puppies, I've bought a couple of pairs of super comfy but still stylish shoes from their shop in Melbourne, they also have a website with free shipping https://www.airflex.com.au . I've also seen a couple of hush puppies shops here in melbourne and a couple of shoe shops in DFO outlets stock clarkes shoes. I've been so shocked at the price and crap quality of shoes in Oz, finding a pair of reasonably priced leather shoes can be a mission!

There's a great show brand in Oz called Airflex which are very similar to hush puppies, I've bought a couple of pairs of super comfy but still stylish shoes from their shop in Melbourne, they also have a website with free shipping https://www.airflex.com.au . I've also seen a couple of hush puppies shops here in melbourne and a couple of shoe shops in DFO outlets stock clarkes shoes. I've been so shocked at the price and crap quality of shoes in Oz, finding a pair of reasonably priced leather shoes can be a mission!

Very interesting. The Airflex brogues are the same I've just bought through M+S (made in India)...they were only £32.50 a pair last week, can't go wrong.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/l/men/airflex-128054

edit. I wish i hadn't checked. They're only £21.60 now with free shipping if you take a size 10.5. Bugger.

Archived