contributary parent visa

Guest smiley grandma

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lynn1

Hi hope it all goes wel for you, and maybe you can give me and my husband a bit of help getting to australia, we are both over 45 and all our children are in the process of sending off for their visa's and we need to be with them what visa did you get and what is the cost would it be right for us.

Guest Scardycat
hi Just a quick one, does it matter how many children the parent has living in Oz?

Think you will find you need to have 50% of your children in Oz

regards

Cat

Hi,

We were acknowledged as 25/05/07...got CO and request from medicals 20/03/08.

Done medicals + X Rays ( £540 Manchester) These are now winging their way to Sydney...

Agent advises no visa issue until After 01/06/08.

Bad news..always planned on doing 12 months holiday visa and Auckland Shuffle - looks like no 12 months holiday...and a double trip to validate.

Knocked £25000 of asking price..... I viewer - who bought a new build!

I cannot remember if it was a pixie or a gnome I stood on long ago..... but the spell seems to be working still!

Guest cazbeckham

LankyLad

Don't you mean no visa issued until after 1/7/08 as that is when the new quota starts and hopefully when I will get my visa as everything has been done with us including paying the AOS. So just need to sell the house

Caz

Guest lynn1

hi

so how long does this visa take and what is the cost can we apply for it while our daughters visa's are going through or do we have to wait until they are already in australia

Guest cazbeckham

Lynn

You will have to meet the balance of family test first which means 50% of your children have to be settled in Australia and the rules are settled usually means 2 years plus they have to be Permanent Residents before you can apply. We had to wait this time till our Daughter had been there for 2 years and had got her PR before we applied.

You can find all the prices and details in Booklet 3 from the government web site

Caz

House goes on market today or tomorrow as soon as Agent gets the paperwork typed up and checked.

Caz

Good move...and I hope you have more luck than we are having with House Sale.

I don't know your area.... but ours is not having a busy pre-spring rush kick off.

But , the "kids" have been over for an holiday. Flew back to Sydney last Wednesday.

Now it's back to chewing finger nails.....

Hi, to all expectant CPV in waiting.....

Guest cazbeckham

Lynn

We applied in Feb 07 and we wont get our visa till July 1st as they reached the quota for Contributory PArent Visas at the end of December last year and now we have to wait for new lot in July.

So if you do have to wait the two years before you can apply then I would say that there will be a queueing system by then.

At one time people were getting their visas in 9 months and as you can see from our time line that has now doubled.

So come July 1st 1000 of the new quota will already be taken up with the people like us who were just about to be granted and missed the boat.

Caz

Guest cazbeckham

Hi LankyLad

We live in a four year old house a few mintues walk from the City of Ely in Cambridgeshire in a sought after area except there are not many people out there wanting to buy.

It is definately a buyers market.

Our house has already lost £20,000 in value from when we were expecting to be granted our visa in January to putting it on the market a week ago and that's before anyone puts in an offer below the asking price if they dare............... makes you so p****d off when this 6 month delay has already cost you £20,000.

Good Luck to you and others

Caz

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Lynn

I have been reading your earlier posts. As I understand this, you and Hubby are both 45 and he is a self-employed plumber. To remind you, here is your earlier thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/31151-45-years-old.html

I know too that you have exchanged e-mails with Alan Collett because that is revealed by your earlier thread.

What the earlier thread does not reveal is the outcome of your discussions with Alan (assuming that you agreed to pay his fees in order to have a proper consultation with him?) Has he told you for sure that there is no viable option for you apart from the Contributory Parent route? If he has said that, well & good. I would not seek to second-guess Alan's advice if this is what he has told you.

However, if he has not said this then why are you seemingly considering the Contributory Parent route (which you would not be eligible to apply for for at least another year if not longer) instead of focussing on other options that you might have?

It sounds from what Tony Coates (Welshtone) said in response to your first thread that bunnyboo's idea of a Business Skills subclass 163 visa might well not be a goer.

However, General Plumber is on the MODL, so is Roof Plumber. Please see here:

Is your occupation in demand? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

The two job descriptions and the qualification requirements for each of them are here:

Plumber - General 4431-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Roof Plumber 4431-17 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

There may be other types of plumber as well. Please see here and search the list if you need to.

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

With a bit of luck, though, Hubby is a General Plumber. If so, VETASSESS would be the relevant skills assessment body and he would not need any formal qualifications in order to satisfy VETASSESS. Please see here:

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

So - if Hubby is a General Plumber and he is only 45, he should have no difficulty whatsoever with being able to get an employer-sponsored skilled visa of one sort or another and his age would not count against him because the skill is on the MODL plus he is under 50 it seems.

Therefore I cannnot understand why you want to spend upwards of £40,000 on Contributory Parent visas which you would not even be able to apply for for quite some time yet when it may not be necessary for you to do so?

I note that you have tried to consult Emigrating Expert. £300 for them is a waste of money in my firm opinion because they are not migration agents. With a situation like yours where there may be more than one possibility, they would rely on involving a solicitor in Tasmania called Charles Camidge, who is a Registered Migration Agent. If he gets involved then his fees are £1,400, I hear, which is on a par with Go Matilda and all the others. Mr Camidge's details are here:

Migration Agents Registration Authority=

Your situation - or rather your query - simply doesn't make sense to me at the moment????

With regard to the Contributory Parent visa instead, please see the following links:

Family - Visas & Immigration

Parent Migration Booklet

Parent Visa Charges

(Please note that the fees for Contributory Parent visas rise on 1st July every year and the increase is usually in the order of around 7%. The figures on the above link are only valid until 30th June 2008.)

In addition a Bond of $14,000 has to be lodged with the Commonwealth Bank:

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 34. Assurance of Support

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Assurance of Support

How soon could you apply?

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Could you run the split visa strategy and thereby save some money?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/33895-contributory-parents-split-visa-strategy.html

However, I do think that the Contributory Parent route may not be necessary in your own situation. There are LOTS of potential employer-sponsors in Oz wanting plumbers with positive skills assessments under their belts. So much so that you would not have that much difficulty nominating which area of Oz you want to go to, I reckon.

If you want a list of the Agencies which are looking for plumbers because they have employers who need them, please let me know. I appreciate that Hubby is self employed at the moment and would like to remain so. Well - he might have to compromise on that for a couple of years but if he can save over £40,000 by so doing, I suspect that a fair few would be willing to compromise on this point.

Best wishes

Gill

OT:

It never fails to seriously impress me with the incredible time and effort put into these replies by Gill, the information is clear and concise - and more to the point - valid! Better..its FREE.

I think Gill writes clearly, without jargon and injects enough humour to make light of what is to some heavy work of of Aus officialdom

Gill, on behalf of my OH, myself and all you have helped and will help in years to come.

A big hug, a peck on both cheeks and a sincere "Well Done" and we all thank you so much.

as my Aussie mate would say....gudonya mate

Guest wannabeinoz
OT:

It never fails to seriously impress me with the incredible time and effort put into these replies by Gill, the information is clear and concise - and more to the point - valid! Better..its FREE.

I think Gill writes clearly, without jargon and injects enough humour to make light of what is to some heavy work of of Aus officialdom

Gill, on behalf of my OH, myself and all you have helped and will help in years to come.

A big hug, a peck on both cheeks and a sincere "Well Done" and we all thank you so much.

as my Aussie mate would say....gudonya mate

I SECOND THAT!!

without Gill we would have been totally up Sh*t Creek.... a pure angel sent from above...!!! An absolute LEGEND!!

we could start a whole new thread on a "Gill Appreciation Society!" sure it would be full within hours...:cute:

Thanks Gill!!

Clare xxx

Guest Where'sTheWind
Hi Gill

Thanks very much for taking the time to collate all that info.

Yes' date=' Mum and Dad's medicals have been cleared (well, the wording on the response from LCU was "have been [u']processed[/u]", so I'm taking that as meaning they have been cleared) and the pcc's were sent off about three weeks ago, so I think your suggestion of calling POPC to see what we can find out is well worth a punt. I've just spoken to Mum and she's going to call them on Monday herself - she's only too happy to be doing anything that might bring a bit of certainty.

If the call elicits anything of any use I'll be sure to pass it on to the forum. I've given mum a few pointers on the type of thing to try and find out.

With regard to the AoS stuff, at the minute we'd be over the moon to be at that point in the process. If M & D get into the 08/09 quota, I don't think the AoS is very likely to hold anything up as I can see their house taking a fair while to sell, so even if the AoS process trundled through July and August it would probably not be a major issue for them. I'm sure, however, that all that info will be very useful for any other parents who are sold up and ready to roll, and for whom a speedy resolution to the Centrelink step is paramount.

Thank again, and hopefully I'll have something to add to the pool of knowledge next week.

cheers

Rick

Hi all

Just a quick update on a conversation my mother had with POPC today in case it of any use to anyone in a similar situation

A bit of background - Mum and Dad's 143 application was lodged on 26/07/2007, and with some much appreciated advice from Gill and Alan Collett, they decided to front-load their medicals and pcc's, the idea being to get to the 'finish line' ie the point at which popc could add them to the list for 08/09, before the 08/09 quota is used up. Their meds and pcc's are now all complete and are with POPC. They haven't been allocated a Case Officer as yet.

Fed up of waiting to see if it was going to be this July or next July, I got them to call POPC to try and see where the land lies at the minute. The good news for them, and anyone working to similar timescales is that they appear to be 'over the line'. The guy mum spoke to was able to confirm that they would get a case officer next month (which thanks to this site we knew already), but he was able to reassure them that upon getting a case officer, they would be within the quota. A bit imprecise this I know, but the way he said it made mum think that they were reasonably comfortably within the limit, so hopefully there will still be a lot of places for those with a lodgement date afer 26/07/07.

Mum asked if there was any chance that next year's quota could be less than the 07/08 figure and he he was able to categorically state 'no' - which is consistent with what someone else on the forum mentioned.

Unfortunately she couldn't find out anything useful about how they intend to process the AoS - maybe that has yet to be decided.

So, this would certainly indicate that people like Smiley Grandma are definitely over the line for the 08/09 quota.

Hope this helps

cheers

Rick

Guest lynn1

Hi Gill

thanks for all that info i was looking at the parent visa because i sometimes feel like i just keep hitting a brick wall and i was getting a bit desperate thinking of been in england without my children and grandchildren.

I have looked at the job descriptions that you have suggested and i think my husband comes under a gas fitter but more so as a general plumber,

It would be great if you could send us the list of agencies that are looking for plumbers, my husband understands that he will have to work for someone again but it is a price worth paying.

thanks again for your help

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi Rick

Thank you for that update - fabulous news as we received acknowledgement of our application on 27/07/07 so are on the same timeline as your parents. We too have frontloaded our police checks and medicals.

Also, I agree that we should start a Gill Appreciation Society - what would any of us do without her.

Jean:wubclub:

Guest Where'sTheWind
Hi Rick

Thank you for that update - fabulous news as we received acknowledgement of our application on 27/07/07 so are on the same timeline as your parents. We too have frontloaded our police checks and medicals.

Also, I agree that we should start a Gill Appreciation Society - what would any of us do without her.

Jean:wubclub:

No problem Jean - you're about two weeks ahead so it'll be great to hear when you get your CO.

R

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill

thanks for all that info i was looking at the parent visa because i sometimes feel like i just keep hitting a brick wall and i was getting a bit desperate thinking of been in england without my children and grandchildren.

I have looked at the job descriptions that you have suggested and i think my husband comes under a gas fitter but more so as a general plumber,

It would be great if you could send us the list of agencies that are looking for plumbers, my husband understands that he will have to work for someone again but it is a price worth paying.

thanks again for your help

Hi Lynn

I will PM you with the list of Agencies that I know the sames of. It is by NO MEANS a full list - just the ones I am aware of. What is your target are in terms of where you want to settle, please? (ie Perth, Brisbane, Malbourne? - Just the gist will do!)

I hear you about Gas Fitter but I was speaking with one of our other members in Chat the other day. He installs and fixes Central Heating but I understand that one of the well-known and reliable Migration Agencies reckon that he should nominate "General Plumber" as his occupation and for VETASSESS. I don't know why. I think it would prolly be a good idea for him and your OH to exchange e-mails or even phone calls because they will understand one another about the reasoning behind why a CH engineer would call himself a plumber. It is hopeless to involve me in a question like that!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest smiley grandma

:jiggy: great news for CazBeckham, seems like the train is comming out of the tunnel and all systems go.

In order to live, man must believe in that for which he lives :jiggy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Since this is the main CPV thread and some of you may not be following the newer, smaller threads, Caz Beckham was asked for their 2nd Instalments yesterday. This is what Smiley Grandma has mentioned!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

So far Caz & Baz seem to be the only people posting on here or on BE who have had this request, but maybe things will soon start to happen for others as well.

Caz was given about 28 days to come up with the money, though I am sure that it would be possible to negotiate an extension on this if need be.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest claire&fred

That's great news for Cazbeckham. They have waited for so long now.

Gill, is there a phone number I can contact for POPC or an email. I know you added a thread to the bottom of a post recently but can't seem to find it. I have decided to try and contact them direct to find out what is going on with mums application as we still have not heard a thing.

Thanks

Claire

Guest june coates
Hi Claire

Perth Offshore Parents Centre

I think it is time to give them a ring and find out what is happening with your Mum's application, so I agree with you about this.

Please let us know how you get on?

Best wishes

Gill

hi gill,

its my anniversary today,i yr since my visa application was lodged.i have just contacted my co again and still no further news.maybe they will contact me soon for my second installment.great news for caz.can anybody tall me what are the pros and cons of the143 against the 173.i really dont know if it will be beneficial to apply for 143 as soon as 173 is granted or to wait the 2yrs out and get a little bit interest on the money.i know that you cant claim first time buyers discount on 173 but as my daughter and husband have baught the house i am in,that doesnt apply to me.

Archived