What order to do things? Visa 189 as Secondary School Teacher - 241411

teachingcouple

Hello all!

I want to start the application process for a 189 PR Visa as Secondary School Teacher - 241411

I have 65 points like this:

Superior English: 20 points

Bachelor Degree: 15 points

Total 65 points

I think I've worked out what order I should do everything but I want to check. I think I should do it like this:

1. Get my qualifications assessed by AITSL
  2. Take IELTS test and get all 8’s

3. Submit expression of interest

4. Get letter of invitiation

5. Get Medical Checks

6. Get Police Checks

7. Apply for visa

So my questions are:

1. Is this correct?
  2. Am I missing anything?
  3. Does my wife have to get Medical checks and police checks too?
  4. How do we get Medical checks and police checks? I am from the UK and she is from Sweden but we are living in Egypt. What country do we need to get the checks in?

Thanks in advance to all the wonderful people in this amazing forum.

:biggrin:

We did (OH is a teacher too):

IELTS (all 9's and 8.5's)

AITSL

Expression of Interest

Apply for Visa

Medicals and Police checks (whole family had to do this)

Waiting . . . .

Still waiting . . . .

I would recommend you register with the appropriate state teaching board e.g. QCT after IELTS (we didn't and it takes 12 weeks and is slowing down our job hunt!)

I have no idea what you have to do because you are in Egypt, although I know lots on here will be able to help!!

Good luck

You will apply for your visa before getting the medicals done, as you require your HAP id to book them.

Everyone included in the application will require medicals, and over 16's police checks from every country you have lived in for a total of 12 months in the last 10 years.

Medicals and police checks are only valid for 12 months and it's the earliest date of either that is used to determine the date you must make first entry to Australia to validate the visa.

Medicals are done through ehealth http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Locations/Pages/Egypt.aspx

Hello all!

I want to start the application process for a 189 PR Visa as Secondary School Teacher - 241411

I have 65 points like this:

Superior English: 20 points

Bachelor Degree: 15 points

Total 65 points

I think I've worked out what order I should do everything but I want to check. I think I should do it like this:

1. Get my qualifications assessed by AITSL

2. Take IELTS test and get all 8’s

3. Submit expression of interest

4. Get letter of invitiation

5. Get Medical Checks

6. Get Police Checks

7. Apply for visa

So my questions are:

1. Is this correct?

2. Am I missing anything?

3. Does my wife have to get Medical checks and police checks too?

4. How do we get Medical checks and police checks? I am from the UK and she is from Sweden but we are living in Egypt. What country do we need to get the checks in?

Thanks in advance to all the wonderful people in this amazing forum.

:biggrin:

You will be able to arrange medicals with a panel physician in Egypt for you and your partner. Police checks will need to be obtained from the UK and Egypt for you - Sweden, UK and Egypt for your partner.

As mentioned by lebourvellec - The pcc's and Medicals are what determines your 'must enter Australia' date to activate the PR visas. You could just do this in your summer hols and then go back to Egypt to finish off your contract, if you so wished :) What I mean is, don't go ahead and start arranging you meds and pcc's now when you haven't put in an application yet.

ALSO your HAP ID is only issued to you when you have 'paid' for the application.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys are doing great work by sharing your experience here. I am here with a slightly immature query. I have not applied yet. I have a teaching experience in secondary school for 5 years. However, I do not have a degree or qualification in teaching or education. Got band 7 in IELTS. I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need some degree or certification related to the Educational Industry? Or the experience can cover?

2. Is it worth going for all the hassle of taking classes for IELTS and appearing again?

Thanks

You guys are doing great work by sharing your experience here. I am here with a slightly immature query. I have not applied yet. I have a teaching experience in secondary school for 5 years. However, I do not have a degree or qualification in teaching or education. Got band 7 in IELTS. I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need some degree or certification related to the Educational Industry? Or the experience can cover?

2. Is it worth going for all the hassle of taking classes for IELTS and appearing again?

Thanks

You need a degree qualification in order to apply for this Visa. You won't be able to apply based on work experience alone. I wouldn't reconsider IELTS until you have all your qualificatons and paperwork in order.

I would also recommend speaking to a migration agent who can advise you better in terms of proffessional requiremtns for Visas. they will be far better than me.

Thanks

No way would you be allowed to teach in a school anywhere - you will need a degree in your major secondary area of expertise plus a postgraduate teacher training year in a university. Train to be a teacher with 4 years of university study (preferably Maths and/or science) then think about it

Archived