Dog ate babies head

Guest The Pom Queen

So your an expert are you ?? Do you have Pit Bulls ? Its got nothing to do with Einstein. Just wondering what your back up proof is ?

No i am certainly not an expert, but i know full well that pitbulls can be very dangerous animals and clearly you would not leave one alone with young children.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you would be absolutely out of your mind or just plain stupid to leave any sort of pitbull alone with a child, they are well known for being aggressive as are some other breeds of dog, i am not blaming the animals as that would be daft as it is clearly the responsibility of the owner to make sure that their children are safe but the fact of the matter is that pitbulls and children do not mix. However i like some others am certainly not of the opinion that dogs should not be left alone with children, i have a British Bulldog and would have no problem leaving him with any of my children but obviously not with a baby. At the end of the day it is all about personal responsibility and in my opinion an awful lot of pitbull owners are a thick as shi7 and have the dog because they think it makes them look hard when in fact it make them look like even more of a brainless moron. Again in my opinion you should need a licence to have a dog and should be able to prove that you can look after them, exercise them regularly and afford their care and if not you should be refused a licence.

Really you shouldn't leave any dog alone with a child! If I have a child I won't be leaving it with any dog. I've saw how much children can wind dogs up. Eric was amazing with children especially with Dave's nephew even when he was a little annoying 6 or 7 year old but I would still never of took the risk.

It can happen with any type.. Even little dogs - http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/09/baby-died-bitten-jack-russell

Was trying to quote gpo - People should get rid of big dogs when they have babies. End of. And all dogs should be in the back yard, full stop.

My answer - Get real dogs should just be left in the backyard- wow talk about a way to upset a dog. If people want to be animal owners they should be responsible - and that includes not keeping them stuck in back yards

Edited by dxboz

Really you shouldn't leave any dog alone with a child! If I have a child I won't be leaving it with any dog. I've saw how much children can wind dogs up. Eric was amazing with children especially with Dave's nephew even when he was a little annoying 6 or 7 year old but I would still never of took the risk.

It can happen with any type.. Even little dogs - http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/09/baby-died-bitten-jack-russell

We have had lots of dogs including our bulldog a whippet and a spaniel cross and would not have a problem leaving our children with them ( not babies ) because we are responsible parents and dog owners.

Wad trying to quote gpo - People should get rid of big dogs when they have babies. End of. And all dogs should be in the back yard, full stop.

Thats your opinion but i disagree, leaving a dog tied up in a back yard is cruel and irresponsible, full stop.

We have had lots of dogs including our bulldog a whippet and a spaniel cross and would not have a problem leaving our children with them ( not babies ) because we are responsible parents and dog owners.

Well lots of people might see that differently, I'm not saying I do but some people just don't think you should leave them alone together at all. I guess that also depends on the age of the children.

Guest Guest40285
No i am certainly not an expert, but i know full well that pitbulls can be very dangerous animals and clearly you would not leave one alone with young children.

Any animal can be very dangerous, I grew up on a farm, You wouldnt leave any animal alone with a child, I have a Staffy, purebred he is as gentle as they come, doesnt bark or growl, even when kids try and ride him, pull his ears, shout at him. My brother in the UK had a Pitbull, never harmed anyone was very loving to my brothers children, Pitbulls are loving affectionate and loyal dogs, seems to me your only going on waht you have read. How do feel about German Shephards, Rottis, Ridgebacks, Bulldogs even.

People should get rid of big dogs when they have babies. End of. And all dogs should be in the back yard, full stop.

If I were to put on here, the words I wish, that describe your statement, I'd be infracted. I hope you said that for effect, trying to be the Billy big boots, if meant, then you are indeed a very sad individual........

Any animal can be very dangerous, I grew up on a farm, You wouldnt leave any animal alone with a child, I have a Staffy, purebred he is as gentle as they come, doesnt bark or growl, even when kids try and ride him, pull his ears, shout at him. My brother in the UK had a Pitbull, never harmed anyone was very loving to my brothers children, Pitbulls are loving affectionate and loyal dogs, seems to me your only going on waht you have read. How do feel about German Shephards, Rottis, Ridgebacks, Bulldogs even.

Well brought up staffies can be amazing with children. Eric was so soft, I often thought of using him as a pets at therapy dog but I'd read one of the tests they do to check is loud noises and he was scared of them.

I read somewhere that they were actually one of the very few dogs that the kennel club recommended for children

Well lots of people might see that differently, I'm not saying I do but some people just don't think you should leave them alone together at all. I guess that also depends on the age of the children.

In my opinion it depends on the type of dog, the age of the child but most importantly the dogs owner as at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them, if you are an idiot and leave your dog which maybe a pitbull alone with a young child then you are asking for trouble.

Guest Guest40285
Well brought up staffies can be amazing with children. Eric was so soft, I often thought of using him as a pets at therapy dog but I'd read one of the tests they do to check is loud noises and he was scared of them.

I read somewhere that they were actually one of the very few dogs that the kennel club recommended for children

My Staff is unreal with my girls and thier friends, my landlords children are really young, they love him as hes so gentle with them, gives them high fives even, Im sick of all these so calle dog experts, being steered by the media, even thier Springers and Labs, Jack russles and bloody poodles are nasty at times. Dogs come from wolves, they have a pack mentality. They are just like us really, theres good and bad.

Guest Guest40285
In my opinion it depends on the type of dog, the age of the child but most importantly the dogs owner as at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them, if you are an idiot and leave your dog which maybe a pitbull alone with a young child then you are asking for trouble.

Why do you have to keep refering to Pitbulls ?

I certainly would not leave a Ridgeback or German Shepherd alone with a child, but that is just me and my experiences and what i have seen and read as both breeds can be unpredictable as can pitbulls. I appreciate at the same time that there will be many of these dogs who will never hurt anyone and will be very loving companions but i would not trust them like i do my Bulldog or whippet.

I had a staffie in Oz,and he was seriously the best dog ever!!!When we decided to get a dog,it was advised to me that I rang 6 independant dog judges,for their opinions on breeds of dogs which were known to be good with kids.They all said staffies!We brought ours from a reputable dog breeder,and well our dog was as soft as a teddy bear!He came with us everywhere,even used to give me his paw when I was crying!:cry:

Say what you like..some breeds are just fighting dogs. Simple as. In their blood. Not their fault. Two breeds we've had problems with acting as a pack and harassing and attacking our dog are huskies and staffies. Had very scary experience with American put bull on two occasions off lead in park. No doubt in my mind that the dog would have attacked if we had not retreated

Edited by HappyHeart

IMO.... Any dog can turn however I do hate it when people say... it's the owners it's how they were brought up... yes I do understand some owners do bring dogs up to be like that however.... There are bad dogs like there are bad people. You can train a dog as much as you like if it wants to do something it will.

If someone was a murderer people rarely judge the parents and say "It's how they were brought up" some dogs are bad!!

Oh and I don't for one second believe all Staffies are bad however our little Beagle has been attacked twice and both were staffies xx

Edited by Counting Stars

Thats a real shame about the staffies!Mine was actually attacked by a blue kelpie,and guess what?My dog jumped up to me to be picked up.It did'nt even growl at the other dog,let alone retaliate!

We used to get little dogs coming upto ours acting hard all the time. Eric was attacked by a golden retriever and a spaniel and was never quite the same with bigger dogs after that

Guest Guest40285
Because i believe as a breed they can be very dangerous and unpredictable, that's why.

Each to thier own and all that, Will have to agree to disagree on this, no dramas