Mrs tonymans Dad passed away today , i need help !

tonyman

I got the dreaded phone call today from the UK that mrs tonymans Dad had passed away on holiday in Egypt . She was on the school run so I had minutes to plan how I would tell her , of course she is in bits and we don't even know how or why he died yet ......

the problem I have now is ,our passports ran out ......can anyone please tell us how to get them processed quickly , also will the visa need updating , not sure who is going back with Jac yet , maybe me , her Mum (divorced ) or my eldest but I really need to get the ball rolling so if anyone can tell me what to do then please feel free ....thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen

Really sorry to hear this Nick, please give her a huge hug from us. You can get emergency passports, not sure if you have a British embassy in Perth but I know you can get them in Melbourne.

Really sorry to hear this Nick, please give her a huge hug from us. You can get emergency passports, not sure if you have a British embassy in Perth but I know you can get them in Melbourne.

will do Kate .......any idea how long it takes , do they need a death cert ....?

Guest The Pom Queen
will do Kate .......any idea how long it takes , do they need a death cert ....?

Its a while now since a friend did it but no they didn't and they got it the same day.

I got the dreaded phone call today from the UK that mrs tonymans Dad had passed away on holiday in Egypt . She was on the school run so I had minutes to plan how I would tell her , of course she is in bits and we don't even know how or why he died yet ......

the problem I have now is ,our passports ran out ......can anyone please tell us how to get them processed quickly , also will the visa need updating , not sure who is going back with Jac yet , maybe me , her Mum (divorced ) or my eldest but I really need to get the ball rolling so if anyone can tell me what to do then please feel free ....thanks

Sorry to hear love, the perils of living so far away and a phone call I dread.

You can apply for an emergency travel document. The British Consulate details are:

[h=2]British Consulate Perth[/h]

Level 12

251 Adelaide Terrace

Perth WA 6000

Australia

Telephone:+61 (0)8 9224 4700

If your visa has expired you may also need a return residents visa. Call DIAC in Perth on 08 9415 9766 and explain the situation. They will be able to advise you.

Guest The Pom Queen

You can also get emergency RRV's if needed

A permanent resident overseas who is unable to prove their status, eg if his or her passport has been stolen and they have obtained a new one, may apply for a temporary RRV if they have an urgent and compelling reason to return.

People who return to Australia on temporary RRVs must apply at a DIAC office to regain their permanent status within three months of their arrival. People who do not will become unlawful non-citizens, subject to detention and removal from Australia.

thanks Jodie i remember a couple of yrs ago a thread was started on here by an undesirable now well gone but was a good thread , that flight companies offered compassionate seats , can someone please find or confirm that for me please .........

Really sorry to hear about your loss TM .....best of luck with the passports

Guest The Pom Queen
thanks Jodie i remember a couple of yrs ago a thread was started on here by an undesirable now well gone but was a good thread , that flight companies offered compassionate seats , can someone please find or confirm that for me please .........

Yes they do but to be honest they are no cheaper, but if the airlines are booked up then it can help to get you on the plane quicker.

Just checked and Qantas have stopped doing them anyway for international flights https://qantas.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/520

ok no probs , the main thing is getting a passport and visa .....

keeping the three girls off tmoz , Jac in bits on the phone , she still stronger than me ,she on 2nd bottle of wine , doesn't know how her Dad died or why ....anyone tell me how to deal with this ....?

I am so sorry to hear this. You can go into Passport Office and get an emergency passport the same day. You can then go to Immigration Ground Floor Wellington Central, 836 Wellington Street, Perth (next to Harbour Town) between 9 am and 4pm. to get A RRV - I am pretty sure they will do it on the spot for you. Re the airlines Qantas especially always used to get you on a flight quickly for times like this even though the fares were the same price but you may find it is easy to get a quick flight as it is not high season to go to the uk so you should not have a problem. Good luck - I know it's a very stressful time for all involved

I am so sorry to hear this. You can go into Passport Office and get an emergency passport the same day. You can then go to Immigration Ground Floor Wellington Central, 836 Wellington Street, Perth (next to Harbour Town) between 9 am and 4pm. to get A RRV - I am pretty sure they will do it on the spot for you. Re the airlines Qantas especially always used to get you on a flight quickly for times like this even though the fares were the same price but you may find it is easy to get a quick flight as it is not high season to go to the uk so you should not have a problem. Good luck - I know it's a very stressful time for all involved

thanks dxbox how kind and thoughtful of you all , I take it mrs tonyman will have to appear too for the photo ,,? any idea of price , not that it matters but it gives me an idea do I get all 7 or just us ect

Guest The Pom Queen
ok no probs , the main thing is getting a passport and visa .....

keeping the three girls off tmoz , Jac in bits on the phone , she still stronger than me ,she on 2nd bottle of wine , doesn't know how her Dad died or why ....anyone tell me how to deal with this ....?

Just be there for her Hun, if you can sort all the passport stuff out and organise the flights that will be a huge help. Was he in Egypt with someone else, just wondered if they could fill in the gaps for you.

Guest The Pom Queen
thanks dxbox how kind and thoughtful of you all , I take it mrs tonyman will have to appear too for the photo ,,? any idea of price , not that it matters but it gives me an idea do I get all 7 or just us ect

I'm sure its £95 for the emergency passport, so you need to convert to $ not sure on the emergency RRV, do you even need that?

Archived