Jump to content
TeacherBen

Teachers Moving or Living in Australia

Recommended Posts

On Mon Feb 17 2014 at 1:07 AM, Coolbreeze said:

Seeing as we are on the topic of registering with individual state's teaching boards - any chance someone can help me with the SA TRB?

 

I wanted to get ahead and register before I arrive in Oz. However, it would appear that I would need to attend mandatory, one day child protection course. This course, it would seem, needs to be attended by registered institution, in Oz. Does this mean I have no choice but to wait?

 

OR

 

As most states have a 'mutual agreement' (as stated on SA, ACT,NT,QLD TRB sites) on transferring teaching licenses - could I say, register in QLD, but then just transfer the license over? Or, would this still require the one day mandatory child protection training.

 

Any knowledge welcome please...Thanks in advance :)

Hi Coolbreeze,

I am a science teacher, having taught 11 years in the UK, including roles as Lead Teacher, KS3 Coordinator, KS4 Coordinator and HOD at various schools. I moved out to Adelaide in Nov 2014 and already had a job offer from an independent school with the condition that I'd get my registration (including the Mandatory Training) before starting. The school year began at the end of January so this gave me plenty of time, even accounting for Christmas and New Year's.  In the public (state) system you need a TRB number before you can even go into a jobs pool. The selection process is very difficult and is unlikely to get you more than a 1 year temporary contract. Many teachers struggle to get a position and permanent positions are VERY rare in the public system in SA. I was advised to go to the following site and filtered for school types I'd prefer then contacted the Principal of each, sending my CV and covering letter and asking if there were any available posts / keep me on file for future.

www.privateschoolsdirectory.com.au/adelaide-schools

It worked! I had most schools respond to say there were no vacancies at present but they'd keep me on file and two contacted me about positions - the first one I spoke with offered me a permanent job and then offered a responsibility role (Science Coordinator) once we had discussed my experience. 

You're correct, the one day mandatory training must be done within SA by a registered organisation. If your training is done in another state, I believe you will need to repeat it in SA. Don't worry though, the courses run regularly and are usually in a central, easy to get to location. I booked one before leaving the UK for a week after I arrived. As soon as I sat it I completed the TRB application and went into the city and physically handed it in at the TRB front desk at the start of Dec. I got it back at the start of Jan!

Do you know when you're likely to arrive in Oz? Independent and Catholic schools usually advertise jobs a term (10 weeks) in advance so for a job starting in Term 1 January 2018 most job advertising is between late August and early November. I would advise you going the private route because it's the most similar application process to the UK and many are comparable to a suburban comprehensive secondary school. It's also good to be able to apply without yet having a TRB number - that gave me security before arriving and helped me narrow down where to live. Go to the following site for links to see current vacancies:

http://www.ceasa.asn.au/early-career-teachers-educators/employment-in-sa/

Good luck with your move and let me know if you need any help with SA based queries ☺


AITSL Skills Assessment sent 05/12/13, AITSL Certificate received 12/02/14, EOI submitted 08/03/14 Application for SS 21/03/14, Invitation to apply 15/04/14, 190 Visa lodged 28/04/14 (Medicals and PCC frontloaded same date), CO allocated 31/07/14 (Adelaide Team 8), Grant 08/09/14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SCITEACH said:

To be honest I'm not sure. 

I can try and explain more clearly though!

The full course title was 'BSc Science with maths with QTS'

It was full time.for 2 years

In the first year he did some teaching practice days but the majority were done in the second year.

Throughout the 2 years he was studying science and maths then doing the teaching practice element. 

I've emailed the uni to ask if it is considered an ITT course. 

Hi,

He will be fine. I did the 3 year BSc(Hons) Science with QTS at Sheffield Hallam Uni. This would satisfy the initial teacher training element as the number of days teaching was well in excess of 45 days. Unfortunately because the course was only 3 years, not 4, it would not qualify me for the number of years at Uni. Luckily I had started a Masters in Education the year before applying for a visa and had completed the first year, gaining a PGCert (not the same as a PGCE). This was enough to satisfy AITSL.

 

Your hubby has more than 4 years at uni, the teaching element of training will have exceeded 45 days because the UK expect more than that in the ITT courses. He's all good to go ?


AITSL Skills Assessment sent 05/12/13, AITSL Certificate received 12/02/14, EOI submitted 08/03/14 Application for SS 21/03/14, Invitation to apply 15/04/14, 190 Visa lodged 28/04/14 (Medicals and PCC frontloaded same date), CO allocated 31/07/14 (Adelaide Team 8), Grant 08/09/14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wed Apr 27 2016 at 3:46 AM, LynchtheQS said:

Hey guys.

 

My girlfriend is a secondary school English teacher with 16 years classroomteaching experience. She has a three year BA (Hons) degree in English Languageand Literature plus a one year PGCE in Secondary English with Drama.

 

Can anybody give us step by step instructions of how we approach the move to Ozin terms of her job? We will be going to Oz primarily on my career/occupationas a Quantity Surveyor (Contract Administrator) but she will also want topursue her career out there.

Any advice would be massively appreciated!

It depends on the state or territory as each has it's own teacher registration process. Where do you plan on moving to?


AITSL Skills Assessment sent 05/12/13, AITSL Certificate received 12/02/14, EOI submitted 08/03/14 Application for SS 21/03/14, Invitation to apply 15/04/14, 190 Visa lodged 28/04/14 (Medicals and PCC frontloaded same date), CO allocated 31/07/14 (Adelaide Team 8), Grant 08/09/14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2017 at 2:22 AM, bryony5 said:

Hi there,

I currently work in a SEN school and currently have 18 months experience there..  the problem is I'm teaching in a secondary school and my pgce was in primary education. I've been advised that I need 3 years experience in SEN before I apply for a visa, is this true??

many thanks in advance

bryony 

Have you got any SEN qualification? Primary as I am sure you are aware is currently off the list and probably what you are focused on as this is what is assessed.


AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'm currently a teacher in the UK bit on a GTP. Looking at converting to a PGCE doing a top up course. Anyone else done the same thing and how did it go with applying for a visa? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you do a PGCE? If you're qualified to teach you're a teacher in the UK's eyes and they certainly wouldn't previously accept completing another teacher training course. I may be a little out of date with this now. So hopefully someone can give you a definitive answer!

 

Perhaps you should break down your qualifications so we understand entirely what advice would be best given?

 


AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, this is my first post so go easy on me. My wife is a teacher with many years experience in public sector teaching. My queries revolve around the following that i hope to gain some insight:

- My preferred location is Sunshine or Gold Coast

- she is specialised in Design Technology (Resistant materials) but also Food (Home economics), what is the feel for job prospects?

- Is there a demand for "supply" teachers if permanent employ is not immediately available?

- What are the best sites to look at to see what kind of jobs are in demand?

Any input appreciated, Greebo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please reply...I really need insight!!

To make a long story as short as possible, my wife and I applied for the Family Sponsored 176 stream back in 2009 but did so amidst all of the changes. Eventually, DIAC capped and ceased. We waited and waited and hoped. Well, with the passage of time any chance of the 189 is out the door for us because of losing points due to age. 

I am a math teacher and I think I can register myself successfully with the Queensland College of Teachers. Let us assume that is true. I have communicated with Education Queensland and they say for the right candidate especially in Mathematics they would consider sponsoring a teacher for a work visa.

What I did not ask them about was age discrimination because obviously they are going to say that they do not discriminate against age....but...anybody here think that a 45 year old American math teacher from the United States would be ruled out because of age? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, westwoodwizard said:

Please reply...I really need insight!!

To make a long story as short as possible, my wife and I applied for the Family Sponsored 176 stream back in 2009 but did so amidst all of the changes. Eventually, DIAC capped and ceased. We waited and waited and hoped. Well, with the passage of time any chance of the 189 is out the door for us because of losing points due to age. 

I am a math teacher and I think I can register myself successfully with the Queensland College of Teachers. Let us assume that is true. I have communicated with Education Queensland and they say for the right candidate especially in Mathematics they would consider sponsoring a teacher for a work visa.

What I did not ask them about was age discrimination because obviously they are going to say that they do not discriminate against age....but...anybody here think that a 45 year old American math teacher from the United States would be ruled out because of age? 

Hi,

Im currently in Queensland & have just submitted my application for registration to QCT. It does ask for D.O.B, which surprised me, surely if there was no age discrimination then they shouldn't need to know this information!

I don't have facts but would assume that as you are under 50 (seems to be the magic number here!!!) then you should be fine. Another unadvertised aspect of your application is the fact that you are male! Gender discrimination shouldn't exist, sadly it does, the good news for you is that you are a male. If you have anything that makes you stand out from the crowd then I would say you are in with a very good chance!!! Check out 'wootube', this guy is currently taking Australia by storm (Maths teacher from Sydney!). You may also want to consider rural Queensland to get your foot in the door if that's a possibility? 

Hope this helps!

Marie :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mmck33 said:

Hi,

Im currently in Queensland & have just submitted my application for registration to QCT. It does ask for D.O.B, which surprised me, surely if there was no age discrimination then they shouldn't need to know this information!

I don't have facts but would assume that as you are under 50 (seems to be the magic number here!!!) then you should be fine. Another unadvertised aspect of your application is the fact that you are male! Gender discrimination shouldn't exist, sadly it does, the good news for you is that you are a male. If you have anything that makes you stand out from the crowd then I would say you are in with a very good chance!!! Check out 'wootube', this guy is currently taking Australia by storm (Maths teacher from Sydney!). You may also want to consider rural Queensland to get your foot in the door if that's a possibility? 

Hope this helps!

Marie :)

Hi Marie,

Thank you very much and your post does help. My wife's sister and family are in Brisbane and have been there for so many years that we just want to all be closer. I did check out wootube briefly and will definitely watch some of his videos. I can see why he is popular. I will consider Regional Queensland because you are certainly right that would open up options. I wonder if Toowoomba would qualify as "rural". I like that area because it is still close to Brisbane and yet classified as part of Regional Queensland.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, westwoodwizard said:

Hi Marie,

Thank you very much and your post does help. My wife's sister and family are in Brisbane and have been there for so many years that we just want to all be closer. I did check out wootube briefly and will definitely watch some of his videos. I can see why he is popular. I will consider Regional Queensland because you are certainly right that would open up options. I wonder if Toowoomba would qualify as "rural". I like that area because it is still close to Brisbane and yet classified as part of Regional Queensland.

 

I'm glad it helped!

Im not sure if Toowoomba is classified as regional but it's worth checking out.

Another option would maybe be enrolling in a course as an International student...the Australians love an Australian qualification!!! They also publish the qualifications of their staff & a Masters is looked upon favourably!!!

I looked at this, it costs about $28000 annually, which is costly but can be paid per credit! You can also work as a teacher while undertaking. I'm just not sure if you can bring spouse with you on an International Student visa.

Good luck!

Marie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2014 at 08:30, TeacherBen said:

Hi,

 

There seem to be a number of teachers on the forum at the moment so I thought I'd set up an area where we can all share our experiences and ideas, ways to find jobs, where we're settling and what subjects!! Who knows - maybe we can help each other out when we're there!!

 

Any info, questions etc are welcome about teaching!!

 

Cheers

 

teacherben

Hi teacherben, I'm mey from Indonesia. Just found this very useful link. I plan to apply for 189 visa as a secondary teacher. Now I'm doing IELTS preparation. my background is chemistry. I taught chemistry for 3 years in Indonesia. One of the documents I have to attach is supervised teaching practice statement. I got one when I was doing my bachelor. But, I wonder if the AILTS needs the standard statement which always be used in educational field in Australia. I really need a sample of that statement if you got one.
I really appreciate your help

Cheers
mey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone first post here. We have our 189 visa already and it's been activated.
Husband is doing a secondary maths pgce in September and we head to oz next summer.
Have our hearts set on the sunshine coast. Is it realistic to think he can get work there? Doesn't have to be permanent work, subbing would do. Need to be confident enough that he would get enough subbing to clock up his hours to receive the full teaching registration.
All thoughts welcome and appreciated please

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey
 
Science and Maths teacher in an independent school in Queensland. Happy to answer any queries about QLD. Been here for one year. Was SLT in UK so adjusting to a full teaching timetable again was a culture shock.
 
Millie


Hi there just wondering if you would be able to help with my question. Will be moving over next year with husband just qualified as secondary maths teacher. Has he any chance of getting a job on the sunshine coast? Even subbing work? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i'm a primary school teacher heading over to Brisbane in September ready to start for their term 4. My question regards supply teaching in QLD, I have been told 2 things - 1. submit resume to individual schools and I will then be contacting for supply. 2. I've been told I need to register with tracer to work supply in state schools. can anyone clear this up as I don't want to have to go and get loads of documents notarised for tracer if I can just apply through individual schools? Also, who do I register with for private school supply work? thanks jess 


Skills Assessment: 03/2014, IELTS: L:8.5, R:9.0, W:8.5, S:8.5 Overall: 8.5, EOI submitted 26/09/2015 (65points), Invitation received: 09/10/15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any teachers moved out on a 457 visa and want to share their thoughts?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came out to QLD on a 457 4 years ago (but they're scrapping that visa now). Pretty straightforward regarding the visa, I'd heard stories that it was tricky to get in but DIBP were great - be open, be honest, do everything exactly as they ask you to. Only sticking point was the Queensland College of Teachers (pretty much the same thing as GTC in the UK) - they are incredibly pedantic and slow to act. It took them longer to decide if i could teach (my degrees and experience - 12 years science teaching met their 'high' standards) than it did for immigration to check me out.

The system in QLD is phenomenally different to the UK (and I found that hard to adapt to - but all good now), other states are the same, South Australia (Victoria/NSW) is more similar to the UK.

After making the adjustment, pedagogy is the same. I love it out here. You could do 60% of what's expected in the UK and they'll think you do tons here. There's not the same pressure - it rekindled that joy I had when I started teaching. If only they'd realise back home that if you give teachers more time, more spares, more cash and less pressure you'll get better value, instead of squeezing every bit or work out of us and checking on us all the time. Evenings and weekends are mine again. I plan and mark because I want to not because there's a work scrutiny coming. I haven't had that 'OMG it's Monday' or 'I don't want the holidays to end' for years, I enjoy work and look forward to going in. The country is awesome - so big and so diverse, and the quality of life you can have here is exceptional - as good as you want it to be! Easy to fly around.  You think nothing of a 3 hour flight for a days PD/weekend away - when would you ever have thought hmmm.....shall we fly to Turkey for the weekend, it's only a 3 hour flight??? Climate depends on where you are - I get blue skies and sunshine each day, which is just priceless. Working in/near a city is a completely different game to working 'rural' - that doesn't mean in the shadow of Uluru either. Anywhere in North Queensland is rural. I know so many teachers who were ready for the scrap heap who have recharged and are back in the game out here.

Don't not do it. Best thing I ever did!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 00:28, jkm10 said:

Hi, i'm a primary school teacher heading over to Brisbane in September ready to start for their term 4. My question regards supply teaching in QLD, I have been told 2 things - 1. submit resume to individual schools and I will then be contacting for supply. 2. I've been told I need to register with tracer to work supply in state schools. can anyone clear this up as I don't want to have to go and get loads of documents notarised for tracer if I can just apply through individual schools? Also, who do I register with for private school supply work? thanks jess 

Hi Jess,

You're right in everything you said. There are websites like TES out here but they're not used as much. Just go door-door and you'll get enough work. The state system is different - get in touch with Education Queensland for the facts. With private schools it depends, small private schools - no need. But you might want to register with Catholic education.

Bring copies of EVERYTHING - uni transcripts, degree certs, teaching quals....EVERYTHING. Queensland College of Teachers (who you'll have to register with to have permission to teach) will throw spanners into the works - deep breath before you deal with them. If you're gonna organise it when you get here it's worth knowing that there are Justices of the Peace set up in shopping centres and places like that each week - they'll authenticate your documents for free - can save you a small fortune.

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:41, Stokie said:

Hi Jess,

You're right in everything you said. There are websites like TES out here but they're not used as much. Just go door-door and you'll get enough work. The state system is different - get in touch with Education Queensland for the facts. With private schools it depends, small private schools - no need. But you might want to register with Catholic education.

Bring copies of EVERYTHING - uni transcripts, degree certs, teaching quals....EVERYTHING. Queensland College of Teachers (who you'll have to register with to have permission to teach) will throw spanners into the works - deep breath before you deal with them. If you're gonna organise it when you get here it's worth knowing that there are Justices of the Peace set up in shopping centres and places like that each week - they'll authenticate your documents for free - can save you a small fortune.

 

Good luck!

Hi Stokie, thanks for your reply and great advice :) I have already applied (still waiting) for QCT registration - already they have proved to be a nightmare 


Skills Assessment: 03/2014, IELTS: L:8.5, R:9.0, W:8.5, S:8.5 Overall: 8.5, EOI submitted 26/09/2015 (65points), Invitation received: 09/10/15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2017 at 06:34, Stokie said:

Came out to QLD on a 457 4 years ago (but they're scrapping that visa now). Pretty straightforward regarding the visa, I'd heard stories that it was tricky to get in but DIBP were great - be open, be honest, do everything exactly as they ask you to. Only sticking point was the Queensland College of Teachers (pretty much the same thing as GTC in the UK) - they are incredibly pedantic and slow to act. It took them longer to decide if i could teach (my degrees and experience - 12 years science teaching met their 'high' standards) than it did for immigration to check me out.

The system in QLD is phenomenally different to the UK (and I found that hard to adapt to - but all good now), other states are the same, South Australia (Victoria/NSW) is more similar to the UK.

After making the adjustment, pedagogy is the same. I love it out here. You could do 60% of what's expected in the UK and they'll think you do tons here. There's not the same pressure - it rekindled that joy I had when I started teaching. If only they'd realise back home that if you give teachers more time, more spares, more cash and less pressure you'll get better value, instead of squeezing every bit or work out of us and checking on us all the time. Evenings and weekends are mine again. I plan and mark because I want to not because there's a work scrutiny coming. I haven't had that 'OMG it's Monday' or 'I don't want the holidays to end' for years, I enjoy work and look forward to going in. The country is awesome - so big and so diverse, and the quality of life you can have here is exceptional - as good as you want it to be! Easy to fly around.  You think nothing of a 3 hour flight for a days PD/weekend away - when would you ever have thought hmmm.....shall we fly to Turkey for the weekend, it's only a 3 hour flight??? Climate depends on where you are - I get blue skies and sunshine each day, which is just priceless. Working in/near a city is a completely different game to working 'rural' - that doesn't mean in the shadow of Uluru either. Anywhere in North Queensland is rural. I know so many teachers who were ready for the scrap heap who have recharged and are back in the game out here.

Don't not do it. Best thing I ever did!!!!

I didn't come out on a 457 visa but I feel the same way about pressure (or lack of) and are on the whole happier in my job. If anything I get frustrated as to how relaxed things are. Things are getting a bit more robust but I can't see it going full English crazy any time soon!


AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 18:34, Stokie said:

Came out to QLD on a 457 4 years ago (but they're scrapping that visa now). Pretty straightforward regarding the visa, I'd heard stories that it was tricky to get in but DIBP were great - be open, be honest, do everything exactly as they ask you to. Only sticking point was the Queensland College of Teachers (pretty much the same thing as GTC in the UK) - they are incredibly pedantic and slow to act. It took them longer to decide if i could teach (my degrees and experience - 12 years science teaching met their 'high' standards) than it did for immigration to check me out.

The system in QLD is phenomenally different to the UK (and I found that hard to adapt to - but all good now), other states are the same, South Australia (Victoria/NSW) is more similar to the UK.

After making the adjustment, pedagogy is the same. I love it out here. You could do 60% of what's expected in the UK and they'll think you do tons here. There's not the same pressure - it rekindled that joy I had when I started teaching. If only they'd realise back home that if you give teachers more time, more spares, more cash and less pressure you'll get better value, instead of squeezing every bit or work out of us and checking on us all the time. Evenings and weekends are mine again. I plan and mark because I want to not because there's a work scrutiny coming. I haven't had that 'OMG it's Monday' or 'I don't want the holidays to end' for years, I enjoy work and look forward to going in. The country is awesome - so big and so diverse, and the quality of life you can have here is exceptional - as good as you want it to be! Easy to fly around.  You think nothing of a 3 hour flight for a days PD/weekend away - when would you ever have thought hmmm.....shall we fly to Turkey for the weekend, it's only a 3 hour flight??? Climate depends on where you are - I get blue skies and sunshine each day, which is just priceless. Working in/near a city is a completely different game to working 'rural' - that doesn't mean in the shadow of Uluru either. Anywhere in North Queensland is rural. I know so many teachers who were ready for the scrap heap who have recharged and are back in the game out here.

Don't not do it. Best thing I ever did!!!!

Thank you for your post.

1. What are those supposedly "high standards"? I will be applying for registration with the QCT based on my American qualifications and I have yet to see anything special or unique?

2. I understand you came from the UK but the sentiments you shared about teaching in the UK is what I feel about teaching in the United States. I am hoping that if I do manage to ultimately land in the Queensland teaching mathematics that it will be as you describe. I keep reading that they need secondary mathematics teachers which is often taught by people not qualified in mathematics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

New to this group. My family and I are currently living in Perth under my visa, 402. training visa. I was suppose to move on to 457 in April but after the changes this was scrapped. The 402 visa expires in Nov. 

My wife is a secondary school teacher from UK and has 70 points in the EOI. This was submitted last week. 

Has anyone got any experience of how long it takes for the invite to apply? Is 70 points enough? Reading the info it seems there is a ceiling of 7500+ for secondary teacher but only 19 invites this year. Does this mean they are short? Increases our chances?

Providing we get our invite and we complete the application prior to Mid Nov we will go on to a bridging visa. Otherwise we will have to leave. 

Any information greatly appreciated. 

We have submitted the EOI for 189 visa  

Thanks

Edited by Hubbie of Teacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi we put ours in two weeks ago and got the invite 24hrs later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My invite took less than a week but this was because the next round of invites were coming up. Hopefully you'll be good to go!


AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without a long explanation, the 189 and 190 are not likely for me. My only hope is the 457 and yes I know that is changing into something else but I will assume that the new temporary program will have room for secondary mathematics teachers assuming there is a demand.

So that said, does anybody know whether there is hope for me as a secondary mathematics teacher to get a 457 for a state school in Brisbane (assuming I am successful with QCT registration with American qualifications)? Also, I do not want to just get there for a short while and leave...I hope to stay...

Edited by westwoodwizard
add more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×