Think house prices are rising in the UK.

Perthbum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew....that sounds like hard work!:mask:

Fingers crossed for you. I put mine up 2 weeks, had the first viewers the day after it went up for sale and they've finally put an acceptable offer down - it's taken two weeks and they've made 14 offers for my house which I've rejected and finally we have got to the right price!

I bet u r somewhere posh like lewes or ditchling:laugh::yes::cute:

My house is 2 miles from Lewes and I'd love to move back to the town. Prices there have always been high but the stuff I see now is just stupid money. I assume the wretched 'right to buy' subsidy scheme is inflating prices all over. I was hoping for a correction in the market to give the youngsters a chance. Building smaller affordable housing and capping right to buy at £250k would have been a start

Guest Guest 47403

We've had our house valued in the last week and we've decided which estate agent to go with and they're back out at 11:30 tomorrow to do the photos/video/totally fleece me, we had a pleasant surprise with our valuation estate agent reckons we will definitely get ten grand more than what we thought, great news for us but.........

Why do people think a 8-10% rise is good? Inflation is at 2.5% (ish) and the average UK pay rise last year was around 0.7%............does the words bubble mean anything?

Guest Guest 47403
Yes...it is what has happened in the Australian housing market

Jesus christ you really are infatuated with me FFS i'm a hairy arsed bloke leave me alone sweetie!!

No bubbles burst! Australia has an inflated market but it's not a bubble there is a difference check out average wage rise and inflation etc you'll educate yourself (a little) :laugh:

Jesus christ you really are infatuated with me FFS i'm a hairy arsed bloke leave me alone sweetie!!

Oh dear Baz....you do have an overinflated view of yourself don't you....are you 'in the closet' really?:laugh:

If you are going to make silly posts then you must expect replies

Guest Guest 47403
Oh dear Baz....you do have an overinflated view of yourself don't you....are you 'in the closet' really?:laugh:

If you are going to make silly posts then you must expect replies

No flattie no overinflated view just the reality of you hanging around all the time :rolleyes:, what if I am in the closet? Do you have issues with gay folk?

Anyway bubbles.............Australia doesn't have one as much as you'd like to see a huge recession and Australia on it's arse.............not gonna happen, housing is expensive like the cost of living get over it..........................price you pay for living the dream eh :wink:

Let me be blunt. I've lost money on my UK house in the last ten years. Because that house is not in the south east I'll be lucky to see any great price rise. So any increase in prices over there is good news for me when I come to sell in six months time. I don't give a jessies what it signifies for the UK economy or access to the housing ladder. The problem where I came from is anyone having a job, not the price of houses. And getting a bit more might give me half a chance of buying something in Melbourne before prices there force me to move so far out that I'm buying in Indonesia.

Anyway bubbles.............Australia doesn't have one as much as you'd like to see a huge recession and Australia on it's arse.............not gonna happen, housing is expensive like the cost of living get over it..........................price you pay for living the dream eh :wink:

Doesn't bother me Baz...I don't have a mortgage or housing worries....a bit tough for anyone coming over here now though.

Why would I like to see a recession Baz?...what a strange thing to say.....remember I actually live here....

Edited by Flathead

Guest Guest 47403
Doesn't bother me Baz...I don't have a mortgage or housing worries....a bit tough for anyone coming over here now though.

Why would I like to see a recession Baz?...what a strange thing to say.....remember I actually live here....

And lovin every minute eh:laugh:............if it wasn't for them pesky kids :biglaugh:

We've had our house valued in the last week and we've decided which estate agent to go with and they're back out at 11:30 tomorrow to do the photos/video/totally fleece me, we had a pleasant surprise with our valuation estate agent reckons we will definitely get ten grand more than what we thought, great news for us but.........

Why do people think a 8-10% rise is good? Inflation is at 2.5% (ish) and the average UK pay rise last year was around 0.7%............does the words bubble mean anything?

Most countries these days have overinflated house prices. It's the easiest way to channel the money up to the top 1%, who just seem to keep getting richer. We pay more for the same thing and think we are making money. This isn't an oz thing, or a UK thing. It's a global thing.