Think house prices are rising in the UK.

Perthbum

Guest Guest 47403
So are you going to be buying a house if you ever get here Baz?

I will be buying eventually flattie but will rent for 6 months to a year to make sure I'm in the right suburb/be sure I want to stay for a few years. How about you have you bought?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had our house valued in the last week and we've decided which estate agent to go with and they're back out at 11:30 tomorrow to do the photos/video/totally fleece me, we had a pleasant surprise with our valuation estate agent reckons we will definitely get ten grand more than what we thought, great news for us but.........

Why do people think a 8-10% rise is good? Inflation is at 2.5% (ish) and the average UK pay rise last year was around 0.7%............does the words bubble mean anything?

who said it was good.

I will be buying eventually flattie but will rent for 6 months to a year to make sure I'm in the right suburb/be sure I want to stay for a few years. How about you have you bought?

Yep and then sold again with a nice big wad of cash in the bank.....will not buy again until it gets a bit more sensible....may buy one in the UK as an investment though

I spoke to the estate agents today. 6 weeks max they reckon for a sale in our area. The ex local authority mid terrace, 'project' next door to me sold for £550000 full asking price within 2 weeks of being on the market. The new owners are now having it ripped apart and completely refurb'd. I'm glad I didn't listen to all the doubters who warned me not to buy in this crime riddled,crappy area full of chavs between Kingston & Richmond!!

Its the the third building site we've lived on and taken all our cash and hard graft (I can plaster walls now) but this now very desirable village with its (once failing) outstanding secondary school , on the river front,is...... 'fingers crossed' gonna give us a mortgage free life in Oz. We may even have some savings for the first time in our lives.

Guest Guest 47403
Ever:biglaugh:

Unlike you PB i'll be there in the next few months (I'll try not to get mugged 3 times in a month) and just get on with life not head back tail between legs and spend the forever telling everyone how bad the place is :laugh:

Doesn't bother me Baz...I don't have a mortgage or housing worries....a bit tough for anyone coming over here now though.

Why would I like to see a recession Baz?...what a strange thing to say.....remember I actually live here....

Well you should start getting out and about in brisbane flatone. Seen the amount of building going on. If you new anything about building trade and house sales you would know house prices are increasing here, just like wages do. They are selling before they are even being finished built. Why do so many people here in there 30s and 40s own quite a few houses and investment properties. Why does Australia have more millionaires than any other place.Two completely different economies at present. You cannot compare the Australia market with the uk. Two completely different housing markets. Here is booming now. Blokes just are not keeping up with demand. The uk was on its knees but slowly recovering. Baz might not live here but seems to know loads more than you about things here. I wouldn't be surprised if the average home will cost a million in 10 years here.

I'm with you on buying a investment property in the uk but , I'm doing the same thing. Good move.

Well you should start getting out and about in brisbane flatone. Seen the amount of building going on. If you new anything about building trade and house sales you would know house prices are increasing here, just like wages do. They are selling before they are even being finished built. Why do so many people here in there 30s and 40s own quite a few houses and investment properties. Why does Australia have more millionaires than any other place.Two completely different economies at present. You cannot compare the Australia market with the uk. Two completely different housing markets. Here is booming now. Blokes just are not keeping up with demand. The uk was on its knees but slowly recovering. Baz might not live here but seems to know loads more than you about things here. I wouldn't be surprised if the average home will cost a million in 10 years here.

I'm with you on buying a investment property in the uk but , I'm doing the same thing. Good move.

What a strange post.....seems like you completely missed the point

I just find it strange how you always comment about certain things being the same in oz as the uk when it's clearly not. I like hearing correct info on the uk ( basically why I'm on here ) as I'll be back there in the future and I'm sure people want correct info on oz so they can prepare. That is all flatone.

I just find it strange how you always comment about certain things being the same in oz as the uk when it's clearly not. I like hearing correct info on the uk ( basically why I'm on here ) as I'll be back there in the future and I'm sure people want correct info on oz so they can prepare. That is all flatone.

I said that there's a housing bubble in Australia because that is what it is Ausbone

What have I said that is incorrect?

I find these comparisons on housing costs interesting. I have 1 son living in a 1930's semi in the outskirts of Bristol, officially 4 bedrooms as has a loft conversion, but the small bedroom is only big enough for a cot, as lost space due to the stairs. A fairly small garden, single garage. Has just been estimated at 475,000uk pds. Other son has bought on the outskirts north side of Brisbane in the last 6 months, A detached 4 bedroom, all real doubles, large kitchen family room, and large extra sitting room and separate study room area, ok not large but totally adequate, and a double garage, good covered outside area and much larger block, cost A$ 560.000

Now my maths might not be the greatest, but I know who has the better value, and to be honest my UK son was quite taken aback by the difference when he was here in Oct.

Hope my maths is right.

I find these comparisons on housing costs interesting. I have 1 son living in a 1930's semi in the outskirts of Bristol, officially 4 bedrooms as has a loft conversion, but the small bedroom is only big enough for a cot, as lost space due to the stairs. A fairly small garden, single garage. Has just been estimated at 475,000uk pds.

That sounds very unlikely for a semi in Bristol....are you sure you got that right?

Yes absolutely sure, only done last week. I agree sounds rediculous but you should see what our ex council house is worth in London if you want rediculous. We call it our gold mine.

Most sources give the average price of a semi in Bristol as under 240K sterling.

I am currently looking at buying near Cambridge and prices are nowhere near that and it is much closer to London...so I am pretty clued up about UK house prices

His house must be pretty special

Edited by Flathead

Most sources give the average price of a semi in Bristol as under 240K sterling.

I am currently looking at buying near Cambridge and prices are nowhere near that and it is much closer to London...so I am pretty clued up about UK house prices

His house must be pretty special

Google Westbury on trym I agree it's mad but it's a popular place.

Google Westbury on trym I agree it's mad but it's a popular place.

Then it is not typical of houses in Bristol or the UK.

My son just sold a two bedroom house in need of a lot of work for $620k in Toowong....that is hardly a bargain either is it?

Edited by Flathead

Then it is not typical of houses in Bristoll or the UK.

My son just sold a two bedroom house in need of a lot of work for $620k in Toowong....that is hardly a bargain either is it?

Flathead I wasn't looking for an argument, I was only mentioning my famillies experience, as a long time poster should have known better than join in on some threads.

Good luck with your house search.

Flathead I wasn't looking for an argument, I was only mentioning my famillies experience, as a long time poster should have known better than join in on some threads.

Good luck with your house search.

...And that is my families experience. My other son recently bought a 5 bedroom house near to Cambridge for 310k sterling....that is much more of a bargain than the one in Brisbane